Friday, June 23, 2006

~The Zach Man~

Well, my little man did a whole lot better than I thought he would at his appointment.

Kids, they always surprise you :)

 

All of Zach's "tests" came out very well.

 

The doctor and I came to a joint descision to leave Zachary on his meds for another 3 months.

I straight up asked him, if Zachary was his child, what would he do... and he told me, because of the fact that he was so sick and his SVT was that bad, its a good idea to hold on for a bit more.

 

So, until September, he'll be on his meds...

I don't mind.

I rather keep him nice and healthy :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

for another 3 months thats a good idea. Great on the test results.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm with you...  Why try it?  If he's not 100% ready now, let him get a little bigger/older.  

What are the downsides for being on the meds?  For prolonged use?  If the risk of another round SVT is greater than the risk of the meds... then why try before Zach's heart is close to 100% as it can be...

Happy he was a good boy.  He may have just been having a bad day at the last appt  :)

So, what's gonna happen when he goes off meds?  I mean as far as doctor appts and such, not that you can predict the future.. LOL

Cat

Anonymous said...

Mandy was on a multitude of meds until she was fifteen--she had cardiac myopathy and a nasty murmur, she was not bladder or bowel continant until she was was about fourteen...she has seizures at might...but she is healthy now and a joy. It is best to err on the side of caution, I think...

Anonymous said...

I am glad that the Dr was straight up with you....and that Lil man did well with his appointment.

hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

hurray for zach!!!
I agree with you and the doc, it is better to err on the side of being too conservative considering how critical he was with that svt episode. never again.
hugs
laura

Anonymous said...

I love it when you can ask a DR what they would do if it was their child and they give you a straight answer.  I would feel comfortable with the decision that you made.  I'm glad he did so well for you!

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

I don't blame you a bit.  I'd want to make sure everything was 100% before I discontinued those meds.  

Glad everything came back well!

XO,
b