Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Aaaah, Much Better...

I'm doing much better now.

 

Don't know what was going on with me this morning, but everything was bugging the hell out of me!!

 

Thankfully, it didn't last too long... although, I'm afraid my patience isn't as thick as it usually is...

And thank goodness the kiddos will be heading to bed in about an hour and a half... lol.

 

So, tomorrow is July 4th.  I hope everyone will be having some kind of fun... but be safe while you do it!!

The kids and I will be going over to my parents house tomorrow afternoon for a BBQ with them, as well as my in laws... Unfortunately, Derek has to work tomorrow... so he won't be able to participate in the festivities...

We will miss him though.

I'm sure he'll have a busy enough evening to make up for it though... between drunks, fights, illegal fireworks and possible fires (he loves to go to those), he'll be plenty busy!!!

 

Anyways, about the BBQ.

Mom is making Gourmet Hamburgers. 

Gourmet you ask?? 

Well, she is making these burgers that have some kind of lovely cheese in them...

Then she is providing all kinds of wonderful toppings like bacon, guacamole, different cheeses... all the goodies, ya know?!

Then we'll be having potato salad, fruit salad, hash brown casserole which my MIL makes... omg... It is SOOO tasty!!  Not to mention dessert and what not...

Can you tell I'm ready for the food?!?!

 

Oh, speaking of food.

I took out a pound of hamburger last night and put it in the fridge to defrost...

Well, I come home today to find it still pretty much frozen!!

We were going to have Hamburger Helper... but now that has changed.  The kids (well, Rowan, since Zach hasn't touched his) had scrambled eggs and toast... And me, I'm having a egg salad sandwich...

YUMMO!

 

Well, my eggs just beeped.  Time to pull them off the stove.

I hope each and everyone of you has a wonderful Fourth of July!!  Be sure to be safe and sane!!

xoxo,
~J

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your BBQ sounds delicious!  I could go for a gourmet burger.  LOL
I'm glad you're feeling better about things though....I know how it is to feel irritated and annoyed and frustrated all rolled into one.  Not fun.  

Have a safe and happy 4th, twinnie.  

XOXO,
Bridgett

Anonymous said...

For some reason, I've not been able to comment on journals at all today. Grrr...

But it seems as if I can now. :]

Sounds like you will have a good day tomorrow. The kids and I are gonna be on our own too. We're going to my Mom's for a BBQ then to my friend's for fireworks.

Hope you guys have fun tomorrow!

***Monica

Anonymous said...

Great.  Now I'm starving.  LOL
Anna

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th of July!
I love hashbrown casserole...my
family goes through 2 dishes of that at
every family gathering...haha  
Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

yum eggsalad sounds good
so does the 4th food
hope you guys had fun
em