Monday, July 16, 2007

A Funny...

My daughter comes up to me, telling me she can speak Spanish.

 

It wouldn't surprise me if she could actually... being that my father speaks it and sometimes "talks" to the kiddos in Spanish (no, he is not Hispanic... but he has studied it and will be traveling to Guatemala for a 2 week emersion) and being we live in Central California, where there is a lot of Farm Work... I'm sure she could have picked it up some where...

 

Also, one of her favorite movies (High School Musical) has a part where one of the main characters speaks a bit of Spanish...

 

Wow, any ways... that was rambling...

 

Okay, so she comes up to me, telling me that she can speak Spanish...

And she just starts mumbling and rambling on... gibbersh... lol.  But she was so insitant that she was speaking Spanish, I couldn't help but agree that yes, she was!!

 

::sigh::

 

Now what do I do if she decides to "speak Spanish" out in public??  Oh god.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL That's a riot!

Anonymous said...

AHAHAHAHAAHAHHA That is so funny. My kids do the same thing. Too cute!

~Heather

Anonymous said...

LOL...that's hilarious!!!!  

Ey, don't worry about it too much, twinnie.  
Parker sometimes sounds that way when he's speaking English!!  LOL  Autumn too!  ;)

Ro's so cute.

XOXO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

Do what any mom would do...TALK BACK  :)

Anonymous said...

LOL! Funny!!

In my kids school, they start teaching them Spanish from Kindergarten. They say that they will be fluent by the time they graduate.

***Monica

Anonymous said...

I am fluent and so are my parents.  The kids...well, I've been lax.  Anyway, Audrey does the same thing.   "bocka picka rrrrrr ssssssa" gibberish.  Don't sweat it, Rowan is imitating the sounds more so than the words.  That's cute, and shows she can distinguish the different cadence.  Smartie girl!  :)
Anna

Anonymous said...

LOL
too cute!
em

Anonymous said...

LMAO!
I used to do the same thing...but with Cursive writing....i used to scribble and then say "Hey mom i can write in Cursive" LMAO!

Anonymous said...

Funny!

Julie brought me over an instruction booklet for one of her games and of course there are like 3 diff. languages and she was like, "Can you read this?"  She then when on to say it was Japanese LOL!

Anonymous said...

U should make a recording of her talking spanish :)
I cant believe the things kids say!
I havent seen High School Musical yet, I hear its good.

Anonymous said...

LOL I find this absolutely too cute! : D

I wanna hear her spanish. We used to tell Michelle when she was little that she knew spanish because she could say "taco taco."

Anonymous said...

That little cutie pie cracks me up!!

Anonymous said...

You need to do an audio entry of her spanish.. lol

I bet its as cute as she is  :)

C~