Sunday, July 1, 2007

The Weekend is Gone... Here Comes Monday...

This weekend went by like a blur for me.

All day Friday and part of Saturday, we prepared for a BBQ that we were having.

Cleaning.

Grocery Shopping.

Cleaning some more.

So much work goes into having a party for our friends... and then when it is over, we are left with what we had before we started cleaning... lol

 

We did have a blast though...

About 24 people (inlcuding us) were here... we BBQ'd tri-tips... had fried rice... two different salads... green beans and bacon... artichoke and bean dip...

Oh So Much Good Food...

Not to mention the Mojitos that we had... YUMMO!!

 

We partied from about 6pm until close to 12am... all of the kids that were here crashed in the front room while watching a movie... while the adults chatted it up outside around the fire pit :)

 

Basically, today was spent recovering...

Derek played a bit of XBox...

I read the new book by Janet Evanovich... "Lean Mean Thirteen"... it was pretty good... similar to her other ones... but entertaining still.

 

We also swam this evening...

After the kids and Derek got out, I did some laps and then some water polo excersises...

WOW... I'm beat now.

I think that once Derek goes to day shift (on July 10th- 6am-5pm) that since he'll be home in the evenings, I'll take that opportunity to swim for about an hour or so at night... Good excersise!!!

 

Now I'm beat though... Ready for bed :)

Speaking of which... I hear poor Rowan in her room... Coughing like she swallowed another damn Frog. 

I swear, she gets a damned croupy cough every few months or so... I wish I could figure out why!!!

 

Okay...

I'm off to go reread the 6th book of Harry Potter in preperation of the new one out later this month...

Have a great week all!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds alot like my weekend. Glad you had a fun weekend you deserve it!!
Hugs, Marina

Anonymous said...

It was so nice of you to invite me over!

HMPH!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good weekend. I wish I was there to party with ya. :) We went to the in-laws... On the way home tonight, we got into an accident. :( I am gonna write about it in my blog late so you can get the dirt there.

Anyway, I could use a mojito right about now!! LOL

***Monica

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have been there. Sounds better than the cookout we went to.

Glad you had a good time!

I hop Rowan feels better soon-could she have allergies?

~Heather

Anonymous said...

Glad the BBQ was a good turnout...
the food sounds delish!

Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

I think someone had some well-deserved swim time. Sounds like your BBQ was a success.

Damn it, I can't get tri-tip within 100 miles of here! They are so good. Guess I'll have to keep looking, cause now I have tri-tip on the brain. :)

Lippy :)


PS   so glad to see your Blog back in action!

Anonymous said...

Twinnie....your party sounds like a blast!!!!  :)

I've been wanting to read Lean Mean Thirteen, but haven't bought it yet.  
Glad you had such a great weekend!

BTW, pool excercises are so good for you!  And fun too!  God, I wish I had a pool......

Love you,
Bridgett

Anonymous said...

Ah, what a great Monday it was for me...now work til Thursday!  HOLLA!

I went to a family pig roast Saturday and got hammered on friggin Smirnoff Ice, how pathetic!  I had to leave early because I was too comfortable (laying on the benches) and my cousins (my 2nd and third cousins) were hitting on me....in front of their wives!  ICK!

One of these days girls, you and me, sushi...best party EVER!

Anonymous said...

i wish we had a pool
love parties during but not before and certainly not after mess all over again right?
LOL
hope ro is ok :(
ps you need to start doing video clips like me of the kids
em