Wednesday, March 1, 2006

~Hello March!~

 
Well Hello March.
 
I can't believe that it is already March.  I feel like we were just celebrating Christmas.  Soon, it will be Summer and we will all be complaining about how Hot it is outside :)
 
Only one more week and the Pickle Family will be heading to Pismo Beach, CA to do some camping on the beach and riding some quads.  I hope the weather clears up, because its been awful rainy here lately.  We will be renting a 26 foot trailer and camping on the beach... that means bonfires and roasting marshmellows if the weather permits :)  It will be the Pickles (lol... love that name!) and my best friend Amy and also a friend of Derek's and his family.  They have planned on taping off an area so that the kids can play safely and not have to worry about bikes coming into "our" camping area.  We'll be there for 3 nights... it should be fun!!
 
Next Monday (3/6) we will be getting our taxes done.  Finally.  We have put it off this year, for some unknown reason, so I'm happy to finally be getting them done.  I hope we get a little something-something back for all that we pay into everything.  We could use a little bit of extra cash... but hell, who couldn't ;)
 
My nose is doing pretty good.  A little sore, but that is expected!  I put a darn needle through it, what was I thinkin'?  The area around the piercing is starting to get less red but also a bit of dry skin.  I think it has to do with the antibacterial soap that I am using- that they sold me.  Last night I did almost (accidentally) pull it out!  Eek :X  I was cleaning around it and in my nose (laura! you asked...) when I went to dry it, I rubbed it instead of patting it!!  Eek.  I freaked out when I saw the stud half way down my nose.  I quickly pushed it back in... recleaned it... inside and out... and made sure it wasn't bleeding or anything.  Whew.  Close call :)
 
Speaking of last night... I took Rowan to dance class- Mr. Z stayed home with Daddy.  I spent most of my time there reading "For Laci" by Sharon Rocha... but I did do a little bit of watching the kids.  I can't believe how fast Rowan catches on in that class.  She didn't go last Tuesday, so last night was the first night she was there to learn their dance for the Spring recital.  It was pretty amazing at how quickly she was learning the steps.  At the end of class, they went into one of the bigger class rooms to share their dance with the other classes and watch the other classes dances.  Well, some of the girls just sat there, a few tried and another one just went and sat by the teacher.  Miss Rowan tried her hardest to keep up and do her best.  Well, when they finished their dance, one of the parents (I think she was a grandmother) said "That was Horrible!!".  Oooh, I was flaming.  Seriously, I was really ready to say something to her.  But I held my tongue and didn't say anything.  Those little girls are 4 years old... nothing more... of course what they do won't be the best... especially when they are barely learning a dance... but she didn't have to go and say they were horrible when her girl wasn't doing good!  There were a few in there that actually tried!!  Ugh.  Can you still see that I'm a little bit miffed at that?
 
::breath in... breath out::
 
Okay, I'm better now :)
 
Hmm, Derek goes back to work today after being off for 4 days... We will miss him tonight... but not having him home makes it much easier for me to watch my shows that are on tonight... lol.  Am I evil or what?  Nah, we'll really miss him. 
 
Oh, my mom IM'd me today while I was at work to let me know that she was working with Zachary on drinking out a sippy cup rather than a bottle.  She said he downed 5oz and had no complaints about it being a cup.  Good deal good deal.  I didn't have to try to wean Rowan off of a bottle... so I don't know exactly how hard its going to be.  I hope easier than I think!!
 
Also, Zachary was doing some solo standing last night... and seemed to enjoy it.  I swear, he'd just stand there and smile and smile.  When I tried to get him to move he'd look at me, shake his head and drop down to his booty.  I guess he'll walk when he is ready... maybe a few more sessions of solo standing will boost his confidence!
 
Well, thats pretty much it for now... but I did want to take a moment to send some love to some journal friends.  If you get a chance, go stop by to these lovely ladies and let them know you are thinking about them too!
 
(((Barbie))) My Mama Lion... I'm with you, even though I'm some hundred miles away.  Let me know if you need anything and I mean it!!  Love you!
 
(((Emily))) Tony might be off, getting ready to fight for his country, but know that he is still with you... just look at that beautiful baby girl of yours... she is part of him.  He'll be home before you know it... and until then, you've got your Jland friends to help you out!
 
Toodles my friends,
~Pickles~

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwe..I can just picture little Zach standing there wanting to walk but holding back..he will forget and take off you just wait and see!
Then watch out Miss Rowan, he will be following her everywhere getting into her stuff!

Anonymous said...

Yah, I can't believe it's March all ready.  I haven't been taking my new year's goals that seriously yet.  I was hoping to be on a good exercise routine by now and spent all my time looking for a new job.  So now that I accomplished that I guess it's time for me to get serious and exercise now.  I did do 25 sit ups b4 bed the other night and thought I would die trying. Lol.  Zach sounds so cute!  Oh man I don't think I could pierce my nose.  You are brave girl!  And hugs to your darling dancer.  Let's hope the heat of summer stays away a bit longer.  Hugs and Luv Ya,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

you just have a good time on vacation.  I want to go, it sounds fun.

Anonymous said...

Tax returns are a wonderful thing!  =)

I can't wait until Autumn is old enough for dance classes.  I'm dying to buy the frilly tutu's and ballet slippers.  
Oh, and you're a better person than I am...I definitely would have been saying something to the old bitch who criticized my daughter's dance class.  

I've discovered that as I get older...I care less what people think of me.  <grin>  Otherwise, I don't think I could have bitched my in-laws out like I did.  LOL

XO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful entry. I love how you finished it off.

I look forward to your Pismo vacation almost as much as you do, LOL. Pictures, yay!

Good luck with the taxes..I hope they go easy on you!


Jimmy

Anonymous said...

awww!!! thanks pickle!  I cannot believe it is march as well...i just home these next months fly by.  Cannot wait to see pictures from Pismo!  I wish it would warm up here so I could take Olivia to the park and take some pictures of her :/
Soon enough...youre right we will be complaining soon :)
well ttyl
<3, emily

Anonymous said...

You are scaring me now with the nose piercing!!  My hubby would be glad about that since he doesn't want me to get it done.  Here I was thinking it was put in and no problems, but guess I was wrong huh?  I wouldn't buy the soap though that they sell you for the very same reasons you mentioned, the dry skin.  I have dry skin already so I can imagine what it would do!  YIKES!  I use St. Ives facial cleanser wipes everyday, they are just as good I would think.  I cannot wait to see your nose without the redness though.  So sexy!!!  And you like camping?!??!  You go girl, go for me, because you couldn't get me camping if you PAID me!  LOL!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

My friend Jess just got her nose pierced yesterday! She'll probably be out with me this weekend, so I'll be getting pics of it! LOL


Denielle

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being an Editor's Pick.

Carolyn
http://journals.aol.com/shelt28/MyLife

Anonymous said...

It was quite wintry here today, icy rainy blah!

I'm tired, I can't type anymore LMAO I'm seriously gonna crash into this keyboard face first!

~V~

Anonymous said...

I would be sooo mad if I'd have heard that lady say that about the kids being horrible.  I think they're cute when they're that small and learning to dance.  

Camping sounds like so much fun.  That's something I haven't done since I was a kid.  I used to go with my Grandparents all the time.  

Luv~Heather