Saturday, March 4, 2006

~Short Day Satruday~

I feel like today has zoomed on by.

I guess that would have to do with the fact that I wasn't up until 9 this morning and then didn't do much for the rest of the day.

Thankfully I was able to sleep in this morning, because I wasn't able to fall asleep last night until way past 1130pm.  I did catch the new show "Conviction" on NBC.  It was pretty good... good story line and some cuties to look at too :)  Plus, they even played James Blunt songs during the show.  How awesome is that??

After that, I pretty much flipped through channels... didn't find anything worth wild to watch though.  Kind of a bummer... I thought I might happen on some good new show on late night or something.  Guess I thought wrong.

Today is Derek's Friday!  That means he'll be home for 4 days starting tomorrow...

I did send him off today with a really good supper.  I made him these really thick pork chops that were marinated in Lawry's Dijon and Honey marinade... then some really HUGE artichokes... green beans and a salad.  Lets just say, I won't be having dinner tonight.  Maybe just a little snack :)

Ugh.

Both of the kids have been in moods today.  Miss Rowan is testing her limits with me with her attitude.  I swear she thinks she is 12 or something... And poor Mr. Zachary has just been cranky.  I guess I'd be cranky too if my sister was picking me up, pushing me around, taking my toys... ect.  Oh well.  I guess there isn't much I can do for him though... they both love being with each other.  I'm sure he'll learn to turn around and "run" in the other direction soon enough if he really wants to get away from her.

Get this...

I'm STILL folding laundry.  It seems that once I've finished folding the pile that I've got in front of me, there is a new one that appears right in its place.  I can't believe how much laundry a family of four produces!!

I'm watching "XXX: State of the Union" right now.  I didn't realize Scott Speedman was in this movie...  He is also in "Underworld" (both parts) and what a cutie pie he is too... he sure makes watching this movie much easier... "XXX" with Vin Diesel was much better than this.

It is awfully quiet in Jland today.  That or the alerts aren't working.  I swear, I haven't gotten more than 10 alerts for new journal entries today... just a little off.  Lets hope the alerts are working huh??

Time to get a move on...

Got things to do... kids to take care of.

I hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend!!

~Jennifer~

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

MMM you made me hungry now jenn those pork chops sound really good!  hope you get the laundry done this weekend at least so you don't have to worry about it later on in the week.
ttyl
<3, emily

Anonymous said...

at least hubby went off with a good supper.  Sounds good, I love artichokes. I hate when the kids are cranky.  Mine still get cranky at 19 and 15 and 15, lol that never changes.  

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer!

First, thanks for lurking around my journal, even during my long absence.  Your comment made my day.

Second...wow, lazy butt.  Didn't get out of bed until 9?  (ahem, I managed to open my bleary eyes by 11:00.  Umm, well, actually 11:23 a.m. to be exact.  God, I'm a loaf.)  Isn't that why Saturdays were invented?  You don't have to get up early and you don't have to go to bed on time.  It's the epitome of freedom!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comforting comment you left in my J
I really appreciate the support you guys have given me
loveNhugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

I'm beginning to wonder if alerts are working, as well.  I haven't been getting any and people have been e-mailing me telling me they haven't been getting mine either.  <sigh>  Damn AOL.  

I DVR'd Conviction.  I thought it looked pretty good.  I guess we'll see soon.  I'll probably watch it today while Doug's at work.  That is, if the kids let me.  

Autumn is cutting teeth and is cranky as hell...and Parker won't sleep in past 6 AM lately.  <bigger sigh>

Have a great Sunday!

XO,
bridgett

p.s.  Now you have me craving pork chops.  =)

Anonymous said...

YAY!! Im excited that you and hubby get FOUR WHOLE DAYS together!! Thats awesome!!!!

MAN...Leslie plays like shes mom about uhhh...ALL DAY EVERY DAY!! HAHAHA....They dont see thier little bros see them as role models...but hopefully they wont take the sassiness from them, eh?..lol..;)

((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

Just swinging through J-Land, trying to catch up on lives. I miss you. Hope your kiddios calm down some soon. Don't mention laundry...I've been doing that all day. *Shudder*

-Raven

Anonymous said...

HAHA we watched XXX State of the Union yesterday too.  ;)  Scott Speedman sure is a cutie!  I used to like him in that show Felicity.  you're not the only one who feels like laundry never ends!  And we're only 2 people still!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm tired of laundry myself and there's just 3 of us.  Makes me CRAZY!  Believe it or not though...John has been doing most of it so I luck out :)

Luv~Heather