Friday, March 10, 2006

~Whew, What a Week~

I can't believe I haven't posted since Sunday.

It has been an awfully long week... let me tell you.

Monday started the week off pretty good.  Derek and Zachary showed up at my work as a surprise.  It was really nice of them to come all the way to my work to only stay about 20mins.  Yet, seeing them made my day.

We were supposed to get our taxes done that evening too... but that didn't happen.  The gal that does our taxes does taxes on the side of her other job... and that job had to have her somewhere else that evening.

It was okay though... because I would have been doing the taxes myself.  Half way home from my work that morning, Derek got a SWAT call out.  He was on the call for 9.5hrs.  He didn't get home until around 915pm.  Poor guy was starving too.  Let me tell you, he grubbed on some food when he got home...

So instead of getting our taxes done on Monday night... I took Rowan to gymnastics.  She did good as usual, but I got a call from my mom while I was there... to tell me that my grandpa had fallen while trying to get to the bathroom at the care-facility he is at.

(he is at the care-facility to help him get over the pneumonia that took both him and my grandmother out)

My mom also told me that my great-aunt (my grandma's sister who is in her mid 80's) had fallen into a comatose staight at the hospital where she was recovery from a stroke and fall (broken hip as well).  I guess her organs are failing her... they give her 5-7 days to live.

So you can probably guess that our Monday didn't end as well as it began...

Tuesday is normally Ro's dance class... but Derek and I decided to skip the class and do some shopping at Target for our 'camping' trip in Pismo next week.  We got a bunch of good stuff for our trip... another sleeping bag, one for Ro, lantern, ect.  Now we can't wait to go since we have all the stuff...

After shopping at Target, we went to a little mexican restaurant called Mariachi's.  Oh it is soooo good.  Derek is officially obsessed with this place and would seriously eat there as many days of the week that he could!!

Wednesday, Zachary started comingdown with a pretty good cold.  He has had a cough now for about 2+ weeks, but it is getting worse and his nose is also really really runny.

Why does it seem like every time we plan on going somewhere... someone in my family gets a cold???  The last time we went to Pismo, Ro was getting over the flu!!

Wednesday night did bring us some good vibes though.  We went and got our taxes done and let me tell you, we left the gals house with a big fat smile on our faces.

What I find funny is that when we find out how much we get, we automatically start allocating it to where it needs to go.  We break it down a bunch of times, different ways... so basically when we get the money, it is already spent.

Thursday didn't bring us anything special.  Zachary's cold got worse... I had to cancel my lunch date with Laura, because I didn't want to get her or her little man Daniel sick.  It was a really big bummer for me to do that, because we had been planning the lunch for a while... but I know I wouldn't want to have my child get sick from another child we were with... so I thought I'd be nice and not let Daniel get sick too!

(Laura, we'll have to reschedule really soon... okay!!!)

Rowan and I did watch the newest Harry Potter movie last night though.  I really enjoyed it... actually cried at one point... but Miss Rowan was a little scared though... more so than the other movies.  I'm guessing it was because it was a little darker than the other ones.

Poor Mr. Zachary was still not feeling good this morning... so I ended up taking him to the doctor.  The doctor put him on antibiotics too.  I guess with his cough lingering and his nose being so runny, she thought there might be something up with his sinus.  Hopefully the antibiotic will clear him up and prevent him from getting an ear infection too.

I did get some bad news today about my grandfather though.  He isn't doing so well... in fact, he isn't doing good at all.

See, after he fell the other day at the care home, they x-rayed him and what not.  Supposedly he didn't have a broken hip... he was fine.  But a few days later, he started acting weird. 

Today, he became non-responsive.  He hasn't eaten... he hasn't drank anything and he won't take his meds.  He was taken to the ER via ambulance...

Come to find out, he does in fact have a broken hip... a pretty good one!!  One that will require him to have surgery!!

He also has a UTI.  Plus, his kidney's are failing.  I guess he is so bad off that the ER doctor has told my mom that they should look into getting a DNR.

Yeah, so I'm not sure how to handle this.  My grandparents live 1 1/2 hours away... my parents will be going there tomorrow.  We don't know if he's going to get better... or when he will.

So, if you can... please keep him in your thoughts....

I've gotta run.

The kiddos are being all crazy.

I hope to get back here to do another entry before we head off to Pismo. 

Have a great weekend everyone.

~Jenn~

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's really rough when the grandparents get old.  Best to all.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your grampa and your aunt.  I will pray. Good for the tax money. And have a great vacation when you go.

Anonymous said...

hi im a new reader and just want to let you know i will pray for your family to all be well

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, Jenn
Your grandpa and great aunt are in my
thoughts and prayers...
I hope Zachary feels better soon!
I cannot wait to go camping ...we plan on
going alot this spring and summer...yeehaww
Hugss...~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have a lot on your plate right now!  You know I will be sending extra special healing wishes and positive thoughts your grandfathers way and your aunts, and also little Wacky Zachy's way so that he gets better before you leave.  It will be nervewracking for sure to be gone worrying about everyone back home.  Try to get some rest though, I am sure you won't get ANY while camping (said with a shutter, HATE camping!!!).  ;)
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn,
I'm so sorry to hear about your hard week :(

And, your grandpa..I'm so sad to hear that he isn't doing well.

That has to be hard for you all.

I will be thinking of you and your family.

Much Love.

Anonymous said...

I will keep your grandfather and your family in my prayers!

Hugs,

Jenn

http://journals.aol.com/icewitch96/JennsWorld

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn,
Sounds like a very busy week!  I know you are as glad as me that the weekend is here.  We made it !!  I just love Fridays!  Sorry to hear Zach has a cold and so much is going on with grandparents and aunts.  I love when Rob comes to visit me at work too. Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

{{{{{Jenn}}}}}}}
all the stuff with your extended family, I thought you could use a hug.
Hugs to my favorite little man UNDER the age of 4 too!
Let's get together the 24th.
Love you!
Laura

Anonymous said...

Your grandfather is in my thoughts.

Sorry for all the craziness this week!


Denielle

Anonymous said...

You did have a tough week and I hope things get better before they get worse....your grandfather is in my thoughts....wishing you and your family the best.
Michele

Anonymous said...

oh jenn i'm so sorry to hear of your grandpa i will keep him in my prayers.

i know our taxes were spent before we got them also...even did the rapid refund for our lovely car lol.  what a way to not really even see the money at all ... it all went to a down payment..lol

ttyl
<3, emily

Anonymous said...

wow..you DID have a crazy hectic week!! Of COURSE I am keeping him in my thoughts and prayers as well as oyu guys and the immediate family..I know times like this are rough..PLUS you are preparing for a trip and dealing with little Zacha roo being sick?!?!.>ACK...

Try to enjoy the weekend..:)

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your grandfather, I hope things take a turn for the better...

Hugs,
Danielle

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have your hands full and that this week was super hard.
I sure hope that your grandpa pulls through and is all better soon.
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Of course I'll keep your Grandpa in my thoughts!

Seems no matter how far we are from each other, we are going through the same things...except I'm not going to Pismo Beach...I didn't go to a mexican joint either :(

I have a slight cold, had the headache from hell yesterday....all day.

I'll keep your whole family in my thoughts...

~V~

Anonymous said...

Boy, not a great week for you, is it?  

I'm sorry to hear about all your elderly relatives and how bad off they are.  Very sad.  But how in the world did they miss a broken hip on x-ray, for pete sakes?  

Hope little Zach-man gets to feeling better.  

XO,
b