Monday, March 20, 2006

~Hi Guys~

Hi Guys.

I just wanted to stop in and say hello.  I feel like I'm neglecting my journal and what not lately.  I so don't want to do that either...

I find comfort in writing in my journal.  I find it easier for me to actually come here and share my life with you all... and to find myself reliving it all...

 

The last few days have been a bit tough on my family. 

We went to my grandparents house on Saturday and it didn't seem right.  I told my mom it didn't feel the same with Grandpa not there.  Not sitting in his chair or shuffling down the hallway.

What made it really real to me was when we were leaving, my grandma came out with things of my grandpa's for both my brother and I.  See, my grandfather was in the Air Force... retired as a Lt. Colonel.  He had taken his wings and made them into a bracelet that he wore ALL THE TIME.  Well, my grandma gave me that.  I just started crying.  It was just to real to me... he wasn't coming back.

She also gave me his Retired badge from the CHP and his ID.  I have it sitting on my mantel in the shadow box he put it in... but it is falling apart so I will be getting a new and better one for it.  I want to honor him by having it in something that he deserves!!

 

I suppose it will take some time getting used to calling over to their house and not having him answer the phone... and not seeing him when we are there... or having him come over to our houses.  I know the sorrow will slowly go away... but the missing will always be.

 

In other news... the kids are doing well.

Rowan went back to school today after her week off... let me tell you, she didn't want to go.  She didn't want to get up... she didn't want to have breakfast... she didn't want to get dressed.

It all really surprised me too... because she loves school.  I got her up and ready though... and I know when I picked her up from school that she had a good day, even though she didn't want to go in the beginning. :)

Zachary is well also.

Still not walking... but standing longer periods all by himself.  He is also doing the whole straightening his legs with his hands on the ground... that "I'm going to try to stand up" position... but he doesn't.

I know he'll walk soon... but I guess you can say I'm a bit worried on why he isn't walking yet.  I might be too used to Ro and her walking at 10mons.  But his daddy, Derek, didn't walk until he was well into his 14th month.

I guess Zachary will walk when he is ready... Right?? ;)

 

Oh, I do have some wonderful pictures from our trip to Pismo to share with you... but I'm thinking it will be a few days- more like Wednesday- before I can share them with you.

I will be going back to work tomorrow too.  I took today off because my mom had some things to do that had to deal with my grandpa...

So it will be a short week.

I'm also looking forward to Friday for a few good reasons.

Friday morning Zachary has a cardio appointment.  I'm hoping this appt. comes with some good news... or at least news pointing us in the direction of when he'll be coming off his medication.  I guess we can only wait and see...

Then I'm supposed to be meeting up with Laura for lunch or coffee... I can't wait.  We were supposed to do it earlier in the month, but because of Zachary being sick, I had to cancel.

Then Friday night I'm going out!!!!  Can I get a Woo Hoo?? 

Yep, I'm going out to help celebrate my bestest friends 24th birthday... We are going to do the dinner/drink thing.  Should be a blast...

 

Well, I think I've rambled on long enough... I'm sure there is something I missed... but I can't think of anything right now.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!!

Love and Hugs to you,
~Jenn~

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

my oldest who is almost 20 didn't walk till 14 months and my twins who are now 15 walked at 11 months.

Anonymous said...

I never knew my grandparents on either side.  I was too young,
and they all lived in alabama and we lived in Iowa.  I think I was
8 when my maternal grandmother died, and my materal
grand dad died a year later.  
Be thankful that you knew yours.  Those memories are so
precious.
Love you
Connie

Anonymous said...

AAAWWW...isn't just like a man...........taking his sweet time.......   come on Zach..walk walk walk.....My Brandon walked at 17 months...lazy kid

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn, my niece has a heart condition as well since birth. She did not start walking until about 15 months. He will do it when he is ready..........

Anonymous said...

I hope you DO find comfort writing in here. Yours is a life that I so do enjoy sharing in, even if it's only through your words and pictures. You're one terrific, sensitive and caring person.

I hope that you get some comfort maybe holding on to a few of Grandpa's things to help preserve his memory. It sounds as though he led a full, rewarding life.


Love ya too,

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

I feel for ya hun, losing a  loved one is never easy.  I've been told so many times in the pastyear that my g-parents wouldn't last two weeks, and they are still here.  I feel ready, I know I will be okay, it's my mom I worry about.

Ciara walked at 9 months, Alex walked at 11, and Julie walked at 10...it's okay that he's not walking.  Now, come 18 months and he's not, then ya gotta start to worry.  I have a little boy here at the daycare that didn't walk until he was 15 months.  I have another little boy that will be one on the 29th...I don't see it happening anytime soon.  I'll be surprised if he's walking before May...he's just not ready.  No two kids are the same, I've learned that through years of experience.  To me, a child that can't sit on his own by 7 months or hold his own bottle is a problem, but to others it might not be.

 Does he have any "push" toys?  Sometimes that helps.

Can't wait to see the pics of Pepto Pismol...haha I love saying that, I can't help it!

~V~

Anonymous said...

I'm happy you have your journal to write in.  You have many friends here and a great support system.  I think that's sweet that you have some of your grandfather's things.  When both of mine passed away I didn't receive one thing to remember them by, I just have my memories (which aren't really that great because of my memory).  It will feel weird for some time now, just take it day to day.

WOO-HOO on going out on Friday night.  Hope you have a great time!  And, don't worry about Zach not walking yet, he will in time.  He gets where he needs to however he needs to get there, that's how he sees it, so why bother getting up on only his legs to get there!  LOL!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I am sure that it was hard going to your grandparents house. I think that its great that your grandma gave you those things to remember your grandpa by.
I am happy to hear that you are going out, I think you need a breather.
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

I remember the feeling all to well, after my grandma passed
away(which will be 7yrs ago on the 30th)....it never was the same
going to their house...cause she too always sat in a certain place in
the living room....and at the kitchen table...I can still hear her voice
when i think about it....the same tone and all....like it is real!
I like to sit and imagine things like that from time to time, certain
things she would do or say....ahh....hold on to the memories Jenn
Keeping your family in my prayers....
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

jenn i'm so sorry about the loss of your grandpa.  I will keep you guys all in my prayers...let us know about zacharys apt
ttyl

emily

Anonymous said...

I lost my Grandpa 5 years ago.  It all still seems really weird to me.  March 11th was 5 years and I can't believe it's been that long.  Seems like only yesterday.  Time heals pain though.  That's sooo sweet of your Grandma to give you that stuff.  I know you'll cherish it!

Glad the kiddos are doing good!  

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you have the things displayed to remember your grandpa.  I totally understand the crying when you received them, but as time goes on, when you look at them, you'll remember him and it will ease the sense of loss.  Sure, that's easy for someone else to say and you probably think that will never happen, but we humans have an incredible ability to heal.  The tears turned to laughter eventually.