Tuesday, March 28, 2006

~Hi-de-ho-neighbors~

Okay, if that isn't one of the silliest subjects, I don't know what is :)

I just couldn't think of anything to put there... so that is what ya'll get.

I'm feeling a bit upset with myself at the fact that it has been almost a week since I've posted a real entry... I keep saying that too... but I still don't do anything about it!!

I guess with both kiddos being so active and needy at times, I'm having a hard time getting to sit down long enough to actually type out an entry.

I would wait until they go to bed... but they usually go to bed the same time I do... then an entry would never happen.  I guess I'll continue to find the time when I can... like now, with Zachary throwing a fit in his high chair... lmao :)

 

Hmm, lets see what has been going on.

Oh yes.

Friday was a pretty busy day for the Pickle Jar.

Mr. Zachary had a cardiologist appointment.  His little ticker is doing well and the murmur is getting better.  The doctor said he noticed that it was a lot quieter.  The bad news is that he'll continue to be on his meds until June.  Well, I guess it isn't bad if it is keeping his heart happy and healthy... although my whole family was looking forward to getting him off of his meds.

In June we'll go back... have his sonogram on his heart... another EKG... and find out if he'll really come off the meds.  When he does, they'll stop them cold turkey... which seriously scares the shite out of me...

Shoot, I'm already stressing because his dose of meds is for a 20lbs baby and he weighs 22lbs... so technically, he is being weaned... so we have to start watching for signs of SVT.  Scary Scary Scary!!

 

After the appointment and after picking up Miss Ro from school... the kids and I went to hang out with Laura and one of her kiddos, Daniel, at the McDonald's near her house that has a Playland.  Let me tell you... the kids had a blast and it was nice to have some adult time mixed in there too :)  I do have pictures... so, I'll have to get those up soon too.

 

Friday night my friends and I went out for my best friend Amy's birthday... we went to Olive Garden to have dinner and then just spent some time hanging out... it was fun... it was good food and good company.  I can't wait to go out for adult dinner again!!

Which, because my parents are wonderful to me... I get to do again on Friday!!!  Woo Hoo for Jenn.

 

Mr. Zachary is doing a whole lot more walking guys... it is the cutest thing.  He is actually letting go of one object to walk to another.  I'm so proud of him... I know kids walking is a pretty natural thing, but for him, it just is another sign that he is a happy, healthy little boy.

The walking does tire him out a lot more too though.  Plus right now he is getting another tooth... and he has some kind of cold or allergy going on... So, you can imagine, when he gets tired and needs to go to bed that I better stop what I'm doing, heat him up some milk and put his cute little booty to bed!!  There is nothing like dealing with a cranky baby... and I so don't like dealing with one.

 

Hmm, what about Miss Rowan... lets see... oh yes.

My daughter has now become the human recording machine.  She literally remembers everything you say about anything or anyone.  I made a mistake of calling someone a crackhead the other day driving and she went and called my brother, her Uncle Boo, a crackhead yesterday... Yikes... not good.  So now Derek and I have to really watch watch we say.

My mom also started working on some Preschool work books with her today.  Yes, she does go to preschool... but we thought some extra help would help her get along better later on.  I have one or two work books here at the house, so I'll probably be working with her on those on the weekends.

 

Derek starts his days off tomorrow, although most of his days off will be spent working OT :(  Oh well... it is okay.  I'll get to hang out with him for most of Saturday before he goes to work- if he goes as planned.  Maybe all four of us can get to go to lunch or something...

 

Well, I must be going... Zachary isn't taking the Oreo that I bribed him with as a good enough payment, lol.  Plus, I got to go find Rowan... she has gotten lost in the bathroom- that can be scary!!!

I hope you all have a great rest of the week!!

See you soon,
~Jenn~

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

your house must be filled with lots of laughter with those two little angels.  I am happy he is walking now...they do keep us on our toes though.  I was wondering how he was doing.  glad to hear he is ok.
Take care,
Cassie

Anonymous said...

You shouldn't feel bad for not making entries religiously!  We know you'll come back when you get a free moment.  ;)  You've got two precious little kiddos to handle and take care of...and I know that's gotta take a lot of time out of one's day.  :)  But we all know you're a great momma!  (((HUGS)))
~Tiffany

Anonymous said...

I'll have the oreo, lol. Zach will hopefully feel better soon. Poor guy. My son had colick or however  you spell it and oh boy was he cranky. now he is 15 and still cranky. He's a good kid. I remember when my kids started repeating everything. lol. Not always fun.

Anonymous said...

Bathrooms and children are never good!  I am sure she was into the soap and has water all over the floor!  LOL!  An oreo would bribe me for about 10 minutes at least!  Hmm, maybe some M&M's too!  So happy to hear about Zachary and his murmur getting better.  Sucks to have to be on meds until June, but at least he is healthy right?!?  WOO-HOO to the little man!!!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

yayyy zach! he will be running soon!!!
woohoo!
ttyl
<3, emily

Anonymous said...

we had so much fun! Daniel crashed and burned about a 1/4 mile down the road! believe it or not he did mention Rowan or Rone, as he called her, at Macdonnohs.
Next time Pixie Woods! Maybe spring break and we can have some little au paires to herd the kidlets. That is after Easter.
Love you!
Laura

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the pickle jar is as busy as ever!
I am sure that when June comes along that there wont be anymore meds for little man, hes going to be just fine!
I still cant believe that time has flown so much to where he is already walking!!
Glad that you got some adult time!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs Pickles...Those kids are adorable.  I love looking at pictures of them. They are adorable.  I am sure Zach will be fine, its going to take time, but from what you have written he has come along leaps and bounds.  I am so happy that he is walking, but he is going to be getting into everything...AHHHH...thats the scary part.  Miss Rowan sounds like she is having a grand old time repeating things, and everything else.  Enjoy... I look forward to seeing you at my place...

((((Hugs))))
Love, Leigh aka Coffeeaholic

Anonymous said...

I have to laugh that you bribed Zach, considering I bribed Audrey too.  She chose ice cream yesterday.  
Try the double stuff oreos, maybe that'd slow him down. LOL
I can't believe he's walking!  Cute, that wobbly, just learning-how-to-walk walk!  :D
Anna

Anonymous said...

I think its a great Idea that your starting her early and getting her ready for kindergarten! One thing though, if you teach her to write, dont ever use all caps....makes sure she knows the difference between lower case and all caps otherwise when she learns to write it will take her a little bit to get used to that and shell just tell the teacher "my mommy writed in all caps" lol... something from the mouth of a furture teacher. One of my teacher was a kindergarten teacher for 20 years and she always had parents doing that and it would take them longer to write correctly.... just a thought

Anonymous said...

You know, I think the ONLY good thing about McDonald's is the PlayPlace.  When I was raising my little beasties, I swear, the only time I had to balance my checkbook, read a novel, or write a letter to a friend was while they were playing in the ball pit and I was munching on cold french fries.

Anonymous said...

LOL about Miss Rowan calling her uncle a crackhead!  <big grin>  Too funny.

I'm so proud of Zach.  Thank God he's healthy and growing.  There's nothing better.  

By the way...have anymore Oreo's?  =)

XO,
bridgett