Thursday, April 6, 2006

~Ah, The Sun!~

 
The sun is finally shining here in Cental Cali.  I'm not sure for how long, but I don't care... I'll take what I can get. 
 
Seriously, the rain is a freakin' bummer.  It can put you in a funk and you won't even realize it!!  So, I hope the sun shines for a good day or two... I need me some sunshine!!
 
Today is Thursday... Thank God.  This week has dragged on.  I'm not joking.  On Tuesday I felt like it should have been Friday... then I remembered I had 2 more days of work left before I'd be off!!  Maybe it was the rain making it feel like that... who knows... but things change and feel different when you don't see the sun for 5 days in a row!!
 
Today after work I have to go to the grocery store.  Gotta get food for the house and more importantly, milk for the babe.  He is sure a milk guzzler... that is for sure!  He has around 3-4 bottles a day with 8+ ounces in them at a time.  Thank goodness we are done with the formula!!  A gallon of milk may be more expensive than a gallon of gas... but it is still cheaper than formula!
 
I kid you not, I filled up my PT Cruiser today with gas that was $2.65 a gallon!!  Ugh, it is getting crazy again.  I'm dreading summer... gas will probably hit $3 by the end.  I'm not looking forward to that... the Tahoe will cost me $60+ to fill up!!  I'm seriously thinking about talking to Derek about taking our PT to Disneyland... just for the sake that it will cost less for gas... even though the Tahoe is way more comfy!!
 
Anyways...
 
Today marks Derek's first day off for 4 days...
 
Although, we won't be seeing much of him until Saturday.  Tonight he is going over to a friend's house to watch the season premier of the "UFC" 3rd season.  No worries... I do go out to dinner with my friends too.  Then tomorrow night he is working OT.  Gotta love the OT on the paychecks, so I'm not complaining.
 
Thankfully he'll be home on Saturday night though.  We will be celebrating my brother's 22nd birthday at my mom's house.  Dinner and presents... great company... it should be lots of fun.  My brother doesn't get a cake though... he gets a pie... lol.  He likes it like that too... always asks for a Lemon meringue or Apple just depending on his mood.  Gotta love my Boo!
 
Tomorrow I'm going to drop Miss Rowan off at school and then Zachary-boy and I will be off to Target.  I'm going to do some Easter shopping for the Easter buckets that I got the kids.  Not a whole lot... but if there are no eggs to be found on Easter Rowan will think something is up.  Plus, we kinda have to make up for last Easter.  We were in Sacramento with Zachary last Easter and Rowan just happened to be staying with us... so we got her a basket and all... but there was no egg hunt or anything.  I want this Easter to be fun.  And now with Zachary walking, it should be a blast with him attempting to look for the eggs as well :)
 
I might also meet up with my friend Heather for an early lunch or late breakfast.  Not too sure on which.  She has a 9 month old baby boy... so its fun to get Zach and him together.  He is such a cutie pie and such a big boy too... he already weighs 23lbs while my Little Man is only 22lbs!!
 
Well, I'm pretty much done with rambling on now... I've kinda run out of words... lol.  I hope everyone has a great Thursday!!
 
Hugs to all,
~Jennifer~

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see them in their easter outfits with their baskets..so cute.

Anonymous said...

Whoo!  Love that Target.  I just spent almost $200 there today buying such cute clothes for my boys.  By the way, my 8.5 month old is 26 pounds!!  And actually, other than chunko thighs, not fat (you can see his ribs!)

Anonymous said...

I love target, they always have the best buys!
I bought Rascal Flatts new cd yesterday and also the
movie "The Wedding Date"...both only $10 bucks each
Hope u have a great weekend....
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

We've got rain here, too!  And our gas is at 2.59/gal, so be glad!  Usually, the coastal states are over .50 higher than ours....

Zach should be a blast this year!  I love the first time they find an egg... mine took a bite out of her first~shell and all ;)

Hope you find great deals!

Cat

Anonymous said...

Living down here in So Cali, it's been raining like crazy too!  I love the rain, but not when I have to drive 30 miles up and back to work, in it!  It was really raining hard too!  Windy and rainy, with fog!  I go to work at night, 11P to 7A, so it was even worse, trying to see in the dark through all that mess!  By the time I go to work I was totally stressed out and needed a tranquilizer! lol

Have a great weekend!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy reading your entries jen :)
i love hearing about the kids and stuff...plus you always have the cutest pictures
ttyl
hope alls well
<3, emily

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy reading your entries jen :)
i love hearing about the kids and stuff...plus you always have the cutest pictures
ttyl
hope alls well
<3, emily

Anonymous said...

sounds like you have a lot going on.  It's raining here in IL. It's Friday and I just want the weekend to be here already.  Gas and formula are sure a lot of money. Hope your lunch with the ladies was fun. Have a good time celebrating your brothers 22. I think I can remember when I was that young. LOL

Anonymous said...

$2.65...our cheapest gas out here in TX is $2.69ish right now...highest is around $2.79...it's freaking ridiculous!!!  I can't imagine your bill for filling up your Tahoe...we have a Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab and it cost us $60 to fill it up last night at $2.68 a gallon!  CRAZY!!!  

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are going to be a busy pickle!
Gas is 2.39 here and its killing me. Kinda making me want to
sit @ home and not go anywhere. I really wish that it would go down to
@ least 2.00, thats still alot but better than what it is now.
I bet Easter is going to be FUN @ your house!!!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Yep, gas is even worse now - $2.75 here in Ohio.  I drive a big old honkin' minivan, so I had to plop almost $50 in the tank yesterday.  Ugh.  The good news is that the Odyssey has a feature that shuts off 3 of the 6 cylinders when you're not accellerating, so that means significantly better gas mileage.  I get 27 mpg on the highway, which is pretty incredible for an 8 passenger van.  

Anonymous said...

Gas is soo rediculous.  It's kinda like food...a waste of money...lol  Too bad we NEED both of them.  

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

I filled up my van yesterday and it was fifty one dollars!  Yikes!!

Anonymous said...

**catching up**
--Aww, the little man's haircut!
--Woo, girl, your wish list--hope you get some stuff on that :D
--Was that a purple streak I saw in your hair at your appt?
--Gas, schmas, have a good trip, it's six hours, take the Tahoe.
--Easter basket shopping?  Ha, I have baskets (use same ones every year) but nothing to go in them.  I'd bought stuffed animals, and couldn't keep them a secret (can you say "Mom's a sucker?")  Guess I better hit up Target tomorrow.
Have a great day~
Anna

Anonymous said...

Autumn still drinks about 5 9 ounce bottles a day.  I tell Doug she's a milk-a-holic.  She REFUSES to drink juice....any kind of juice.  Because of that, she's constipated all the time.  LOL  

We go through probably 8 jugs of milk, just for her, in a month.  ::shaking head::

Love,
b