Friday, April 28, 2006

~Potty Training Already?~

Potty training for a 14 month old sounds kinda early right?

 

What if this 14 month old has already gone pee 3 times in the potty and poopies twice?

 

Yes, I'm talking about Zachary... can you believe it?

 

The first time he went pee on the toilet, I thought it was just a coincidence.

His sister was going to the potty and he followed us in... he was pulling up on his shirt and pulling down at his pants/diaper at the same time.

So, just being me, I took his pants and diaper off and put him on the toilet.  You can say I was shocked to see him actually tinkle.

He seemed so proud of himself that he did it.  Both Rowan and I were saying "Yay Zachary... you went potty on the toilet"... and he had this big smile and then reached over to the toilet paper, ripped a piece off and tried to wipe... pretty neat huh?

 

So, the other night before his bath... I took his diaper off and put him on the toilet and nothing.  No big deal... he is 14 months old.  I told him he was a good boy for trying and that was it.

 

Then night before last (Wednesday night) I was getting him ready for his bath again and he went over to the toilet, pulled up his shirt and tried to pull his pants down.

I put him on the toilet... I'm going to take that shirt and pants pulling as a sign I said to myself... and he proceeded to grunt.  I laughed because I thought it was him just playing...

Until there was some poop (sorry to be graphic!) in the toilet... then I was amazed!!!

So yeah, he went pee and poop that night. 

Wow I said... what another interesting coincidence. 

 

Then just right now, I was getting him ready to go pick up his sister from school and I said to him... "lets go pee-pee big boy"... and what does he do?  He walks to the bathroom.

I take his diaper off and put him on the toilet and the next thing I know he is grunting...

Needless to say, he has peed on the toilet 3 times and pooped twice...

We are all surprised by this... he is 14mons old.

 

So, I've made the decision to do pre-potty training of sorts.  Basically, when sister goes potty... I'll take him in there... when I go... I might take him... when its bath time I'll do it then too.  Just to get the idea in his head.

I even bought a potty seat cover today at Target so he feels more comfortable up there.

Could it be that this little guy is really ready for potty training?

I don't know... but it is worth the try, right?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! What a big boy you got there!! I wish Lucas would try and start going potty in the potty..his diapers are expensive! LOL! Way to go Zach!!!

~Jenn~

http://journals.aol.com/icewitch96/JennsWorld

Anonymous said...

Damn girl, you are lucky.  Took us almost a year to potty train Brody and he is going to be 4 in July.  He just got potty trained about 3 months ago!

sounds to me like he is ready!

That is awesome!

Stacy

Anonymous said...

Jenn,
Some children are way ahead of other children in particular aspects of their lives, such as potty training. It sounds like Zach has made up his own mind as for as potty training goes.  My middle daughter was potty trained at 14 months old.  I wasn't as lucky with my other children.
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Hell, if you got him to do all of that on his own, I say run with it!  Boys can be really tough!  Sounds like he's got it down...my dang 3 year old niece (almost 4) still needs for me to tell her to go, get off, wipe herself and pull up her pants, before leaving the bathroom...7 friggin' months of this, I wanna choke her!

~Way to go Zach!~

~V~

Anonymous said...

That's pretty awesome! :)  Way to go Zachary!!  

Anonymous said...

I would put in training pants at home or pullups..he is going to be easy to train, he must be very smart!
That is great! Do you have any recent pics?

Anonymous said...

How awesome is this?!?!?!?!  Kinda sad though too...he's growing up too fast :(

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

that is awesome, sounds like he wants to be a big guy like his sister. How cute is that. Love it.

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely INCREDIBLE!!!  Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, just keep on doing what you are doing!!  That Zachy is AMAZING!!!  :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Its very possible!  Most kids with older siblings will try earlier to copy what the older one does... We see it at the daycare alot.  

So, keep trying with him, and I'll bet he's totally trained by 2!  Would be nice not to have to buy diapers all the time :)

I can't believe he's 14 months already!  Where does the time go?

What a good boy you are Zach :)

Cat

Anonymous said...

Wow...that is awesome Jenn!!
Way to go Zach =)
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Jenn.. you just have to follow your instincts and his lead.  He seems to be ready, so I would go for it!  The earlier you get him potty trained, the quicker you can quit buying  diapers, and changing them! :)

Jackie

Anonymous said...

woohoo go zach!
sounds ready to me!
thats awsome!

Anonymous said...

I think that having a big sister like Rowan will help him, he will pick up quickly from her.

YAY Zach!

hugs,
Kathi