Wednesday, April 26, 2006

~Ramblings Anyone?~

Nah, no ramblings here...

I think I'll actually be able to stick to a few topics and easily transition to each one...

No ramblings for Pickles :)

 

My husband is gone.

He has been since Saturday night.

He won't be home until Friday afternoon.  Probably pretty late in the afternoon.

I'm sure he is having a great time out in Area 51 with all of his guy friends... but this wife misses her husband.

I miss him when he works days on end.  Yes.  But this missing is different than that kind of missing.  I guess it is something to do with the fact he isn't any where near home... and that I haven't talked to him since Monday night.

See, there is no cellular service out in the desert... so he has been calling me collect.  We decided not to talk last night... because it is pretty expensive to talk collect.  I do hope he calls tonight though.

I could use the adult talk... and if that adult talk is with him, that makes it even better!!

 

Well, enough of me whining about missing my husband... I've got kids to keep me busy with my time :)

 

Speaking of kids...

Ms. Rowan has her first dentist appointment tomorrow afternoon.  She seems pretty excited about it.  Maybe a little nervous... but more excited than nervous.

I'm a little nervous for her too though.  I have been trying to "play up" the dentist... so she doesn't freak out when it comes time to have the doctor check her out... I have a feeling she'll be just fine though.

 

Tomorrow after her appointment, my mom, Rowan and I will be going to the mall and doing a bit of shopping. 

I'm going to get a new outfit or two (depending on how much things cost) for my trip to Disneyland and for my SIL's baby shower.

I also am probably going to reward Rowan for being a good girl (if she is) at the dentist and get her some new sandals or a Build-a-Bear.  I'm sure she'll like to get spoiled too :)

 

Well, my honey just called.

Yippee... I'm going to go talk to him for the few minutes I can!!

 

I hope I didn't ramble on too much.

 

See you all later!

~Pickles~

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, that's sweet that you miss your hubby so much.

I am sure your little lady will do just fine at the dentists.

Have some fun shopping tomorrow!

Hugs,
Stacy

Anonymous said...

he will be home soon, hang in there.  

Anonymous said...

glad you got to talk to your hubby
hope rowans appointment goes well
take a pic if you can ok?
ttyl
<3, emily

Anonymous said...

so happy your hubby called. I remember when my kids first went to the dentist, They had a wonderful one who was so easy on them. She let them play with the stuff and she turned it on for the kids so they wouldn't be afraid.  It worked out good.  Have fun shopping.

Anonymous said...

The first dentist appointment is usually a breeze.  They count the teeth, teach them how to brush and maybe are able to clean them, but that depends on how she reacts to the drill thingie.  Even though it's not a drill, it still makes noise and can scare them.  They never want to traumatize a child the first time, so they go easy on them.  I am sure Rowan will do a great job though!  She is a STAR afterall!  Poor Pickles, home without hubby.  Do you think I could send my hubby away for 1 week?  LOL!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

The dentist may have a treasure chest. My kids always come home laden with dinky toys, new brushes, and samples...they like to go. I hate the dentist myself.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the Dentist (for both you and Rowan).  All my kids were different.  Some tolerated the dentist well...one of them threw a fit and took of running!  It was just crazy!

Glad you got a chance to talk to hubby!

Hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Good luck at the dentist!

Grace went for the first time last November, and she did great.... until the xrays.  They had to strap her to the papoose board to keep her still... LOL

The dentist she goes to is just for kids, so parents are not allowed to go back while the examination takes place (which is totally fine with me, I learned working at the hospital that sometimes parents make things worse).  If they need to immobilize a child, they come out and tell the parents exactly what they're going to do before its done.

Anyway, I'm sure Ro will do fine!  She's such a social butterfly....

Have fun shopping!

Cat

Anonymous said...

Aww Jenn...I would be missin my hubby like crazy too!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend and do alot of
catchin up with ur hub ;)

Hope ya find what your lookin for shopping...i may do
a little shopping this weekend myself...i need some shorts
and summer tops somethin awful!

Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am a bad friend....I am so behind in alerts!!

I hope that you got some good shopping done and didn't miss hubby too much. I am off to finish catching up in here!

hugs,
Kathi