Friday, April 21, 2006

~Ramblings from Pickles~

I couldn't think of one specific thing that I wanted to talk about to make it the title of my entry... so, I guess because I'll more than likely be rambling, that is why I chose that title.

 

Goodness, that paragraph was a ramble in itself!!

 

Forgive me.  My head is still foggy from being sick and I'm completely tired.  No matter what time I go to bed at night- 9pm the other night- I wake up still tired and yawn all day long.

I'm also not used to working today... I'm usually off on Fridays. 

 

Where to begin my rambles?

Lets see.

Tuesday night, my dear husband sliced a big ol' chunk out of his thumb while slicing potatoes for his dinner.

Can you say Ouch?

It didn't stop bleeding until he went to the doctors on Wednesday.  They cartarized it and it is still bleeding a bit. 

I told him that he can now commit a crime only using that thumb because he has no pad on his finger... which means no thumb print.  Alas, I am only joking... so don't go and get your panties in a wad, okay?

My dear husband also leaves on Sunday for a "Guy's Trip" to Area 51.  He'll be gone until Friday... I'll miss him :(  Yet, I know he'll have fun... so that makes it a little better.

Now, for me to find a "Girl's Trip" to go on sometime soon... lol.

Oh wait, that is what San Diego is all about!!!

 

Which, by the way, is still in the works.  I'm determined to get down there... hell or high water...

 

 

Rambling Rambling... I know.

 

I don't know what I'm going to do with my two days off this weekend.  I'm really used to having my three.  Sad huh?

I do know that I have to clean Rowan's room.  How does a 4 year old trash their rooms so much?  She does know how to clean it though... which she started to the other night.  But once it gets to a certain dirtiness... Mommy has to step in.  Shoot, my mommy had to step in and clean my room for a long time after I was 4!!!

 

I can't clean.  Really.  It overwhelms me.  So, more than likely, it will take me a good 2 hours or more to clean Ro's room when it probably wouldn't take someone else that much.  I just go from one thing to another... never really staying on one part of the room.

When I clean my house... I bounce from living room, kitchen, to the living room again... to the dining room... the kitchen... ah, shoot, you get the point.

The last time I did a major cleaning of my house, my mom had to literally walk me through the process.  Look at what needs to be done in one room and do it.  Don't wonder to another room.  Take it step by step.


Overwhelming.

 

Hmm, what else can I ramble on about.

 

Oh, Rowan has her first Dentist appointment on the 27th.  She had been complaining that one of her molars hurt... and because she is 4... I figured it was time to get her in.

So I called my dentist... the one I've been seeing since I was 7... to see if he'd see her and the receptionist told me that she was too young for him to see.  Oh well... So now we are going to go see a pediatric dentist.  I'm sure that will be a whole lot easier on her too.

She keeps talking about going... so I don't think she is too nervous.  I keep telling her that the doctor will be looking in her mouth at her teeth and taking pictures called X-rays with this big machine.  She asked if it would hurt... All I said was No.  You don't want to try to explain to a 4 year old that it might hurt... let her find out then ;)  Nah, I'll be there holding her hand... so she'll be good.

 

Only 24 more days until I go to Disneyland.  I had an awful dream that when we got there, they told us that we didn't have a reservation or anything.  I was even holding our confirmation letter... but no, no reservation.  We had to leave the premisses right then and there.  Weird dream, really. 

Maybe I'm worried about not getting our stuff from them.  I guess we are supposed to receive our tickets and confirmation stuff (another confirmation letter) 21 days before our arrival date.  I'm sure you'll be guessing that I'll be calling someone if I don't get that stuff with in 20 days of our arrival ;)

 

Okay, I've gone and done enough rambling.  Things to do too, ya know?

Plus, I'm done eating my lunch... yum!!

 

Have a great weekend all.
~Jenn~

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I clean my house the same way!  That's why it takes me so long!

Disney Land?  OMG sound slike so much fun!

I'm only a state away.......LOL

Stacy

Anonymous said...

I clean the same way. I just in general don't like to clean and I also get very overwhelmed when it gets to a certain degree of messiness. Heck my husband came home for 2 weeks from Iraq and he had to help me get the playroom cleaned and we totally got it organized, love Ikea! LOL

The dentist, I'm sure she'll do fine. Jacob was 3 when he went in for his first and that's when we were in KS and his dentist said they normally start seeing children at 2, which is the recommended age through AAP. Jacob loves the dentist. Jack is well, Jack. He barely likes his teeth being brushed. He just went for the first time about a month or two ago and I had to physically hold him down while he screamed. He had chipped his front tooth over a year ago, our old dentist had looked at it and said it was still alive, there's just discoloring, no blackening...but it's still reassuring when 2 dentists agree and at his first official apt she said his teeth actually look really great, which was surprising as much as he had been fighting up til a few wks ago when it came time to brush his teeth.

We make going to the dentist a big deal, in a good way! They always get new toothbrushes after their apt, normally a boring one from the dentist and then a cool one from mom!

Anonymous said...

I clean the house like that too...bouncing from room to room, forgetting what I had been doing in the first place, getting distracted by something entirely different ,and ending up not accomplishing a lot.  LOL.

Anonymous said...

I clean my house the same way.  My theory is that you get sidetracked because you always get called away to get something for someone else, some crisis only Mommy can solve, and you wind up noticing something that needs cleaning in the room you wind up in.  It's a wonder I can manage to make my bed!  lol

My kids love the dentist, and I think it's cause it is a pediatric dentist.  They have little chairs, and sunglasses for the kids to wear so the lights don't shine in their eyes...cuter than you'd imagine, considering what they're there for.  She'll be fine!  
Anna

Anonymous said...

we are so much alike...i clean exactly like you! lol
one room to another little here little there.
lol
enjoy your days off
ttyl
<3, emily

Anonymous said...

well I know me, I would call if it was 20 days. I would worry about that.  I remember my kids first time at the dentist. Oh how fun. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you are rambling...lol...but its good!!

I am the same way with cleaning, I can't stay focused for crap.

hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Jenn,

Just so you know... I read the last 3 entries, including this one, but waited to comment till I got here.  I'm so behind in alerts (like say.. 230).  
I'm glad your feeling better, and that whatever you had didn't last very long..    I bet you are looking forward to Disneland!  I grew up, practically right next door to the place.  I haven't been for about 14 years!  I hope you have a great time! :)

Jackie

Anonymous said...

It's funny you mentioned a dentist.  I just called a local 'autism expert' in our area to get a recommendation for a dentist for Parker.  LOL  He's been holding his jaw quite a bit when he takes bites or drinks something cold.  I hope he doesn't have a cavity.  As it is...they're probably going to have to knock him out as it is just to clean his teeth.  <sigh>  

Love,
b