Thursday, April 13, 2006

~Goodness Gracious~

Gosh...

I swear, I'm really getting pretty horrible at this journaling thing...

Haven't I said this before??

 

Well, instead of me repeating myself...

Here I go to my entry :)

 

Things have been pretty A-okay around the Pickle Jar.

The kids are healthy and happy... as well as Derek and I.

Derek has been working a lot... so we have been missing him quite a bit at home... but its all for a good reason, so its okay.

Thankfully we will be together on Easter.  He is actually off Friday-Monday... but has to work Fri, Sat and Mon OT... All three of which is Mandatory.  Oh well... like I said, we have Sunday.

 

Sunday we are going to have his mom and dad over for breakfast and then for the Easter egg hunt for the chitlens.  I'm planning on cooking- with my husbands help of course, since he is the Master Chef in the house- a huge breakfast that morning.  One, because I want to... and two, because Monday I'm starting my diet- For REAL!

After our breakfast and egg hunt on Sunday morning... it will be nap time... for the kids and possibly Derek and I... shoot, I can't pass up a nap.  I love them...

But after the naps... We'll be going to my parent's house for dinner and another Easter egg hunt for the babes.  We will be having a Honey Baked Ham and lots of other goodies...

My grandmother is coming up for Easter too.  My parents are going down to the Bay Area tomorrow morning to clean her house and then bring her home.  It will be really nice to see her... yet it will be weird to have just her there... and not my Grandpa.

It hasn't even been a month yet...

 

Anyways...

 

I have the next four days off!!  Woo Freakin' Hoo for me... I think I'm going to take that time to relax with my kids and also take some of the time to clean my house.  I need to takle my bedroom/bath and also Zachary's room. 

See, Zachary's room is basically used for the "catch-all" room.  He doesn't use it to sleep in so everything that needs to be stored goes in there... But I'm tired of it being like that and I really want to get him to start napping in there... to slowly transition him to sleeping at night in there... so I want to get it cleaned up and decorated.

I'm thinking I want to go with "Monkey Boy" theme from Target... but first we'll have to purchase a twin bed... since the bedding isn't made for a Toddler bed.  Thank goodness that the place we usually get our bedroom furniture does a Lay away system.  That really helps when you don't want to shovel all that money out at one time or can't shovel it out.

 

Oooh...

I have like 32 days until Derek and I go to Disneyland... Let me tell you, I'm totally excited and really need this trip away with him.  Just us two together for that time will be great...

I am also looking into possibly going and seeing another Jlander!!

Yup... I'm hoping to go and visit Barbie from "A Ticket to Ride" sometime in July.  I found a weekend that Derek will be home with the kids and just have to make sure it works for her schedule and what not... so hopefully, we'll be able to finally meet!!

I will surely keep you posted on that trip :)

 

Hmm, what else what else...

Oh yes... my brother and his fiancée have moved up their wedding... well, pretty much.

If things go as they plan for a few different things, they will be getting married in August instead of July 2007.  I'm truly so excited for them and I couldn't be happier for my brother...

 

Well, my friend Amy will be over in a bit... so I better go and get ready for her... We are having take-n-bake pizza and watching The O.C. tonight :)

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and a fantastic Easter!

Hugs,
~Pickle Jenn~

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw man i love those take n bake pizzas :)
that sounds fun
hope all is well and you have a good easter
<3, emily

Anonymous said...

Goodness Gracious is right....
Wow, what an update =)
We be missin you Jenn...hehe
Enjoy your 4 days off....
Not long before Disneyland...yeehaw!
Hope ya'll have a very Happy Easter
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

We missed you.  Happy Easter to the pickle family.

Anonymous said...

Doing the WW thing again?

I'm happy things are going great for you guys! Have a great Easter!


Denielle

Anonymous said...

I don't think you're getting horrible at journaling... I think its not being able to do it from work now.  Once you get home, its time to be mommy... and that leaves little time for much else :)

It sounds like you've been pretty busy, too!  

Glad everyone is doing well and that you're have lots of Easter plans...

Enjoy it all and relax on your 4 days off~I'm envious ;)

Cat

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're still doing this journal, as I have been more remiss than anyone when it comes to writing. I'm working on that as we speak.

I know what you mean about the odd feeling of missing your Grandfather, and it's so coincidental that I was thinking along those lines before I got to your entry. I miss a lot of people around the holidays.

I hope you have a great 4 days off, and enjoy every minute. I hope there will be some more pictures upcoming.

Happy Easter, Pickle~Jenn!

Love ya

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've been MIA too, it happens.

The Monkey Boy stuff is cute!!!  I love love LOVE the colors.

You owe me pics of you with Tigger, don't you forget about that!

Is Barbie still journaling???  Tell her I said hi!

Hoppy Easter!

~V~

Anonymous said...

I have 4 days off too. Yeah. Have a great easter.

Anonymous said...

I love the monkey boy!

Happy Easter, friend!
Laura

Anonymous said...

The monkey boy theme is cute.
I think that its about time that you and Barbie
meet up!! I hope that you and the other pickles
have a great time this weekend.
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

The bedding is really cute.  

Yummy...an Easter breakfast sounds so good right now.  I'll be working :(  

Glad things are going good for all of you!!

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

I love the Monkey Boy bedding.  Too cute!  You'd think they could come up with a better name for it though.  LOL