Thursday, November 3, 2005

~FINALLY~

I FINALLY got an alert...

 

About Freakin' time AOHELL!!

 

I guess since I'm here, I thought I'd tell you that everyone in the Pickle Jar is now back to normal... Or almost normal.

Mom is about 85% better and home with Mr. Z.

Rowan is here at work with me today.  I thought that because Mom wasn't all better that I'd take one child off her hands and she could get along better today.

 

Today is officially my dad's last day at work too.  He is retired as of 11/9.  How exciting is that??  Thank goodness law enforcement has a wonderful retirement... They can retire at 50 and make almost as much as they were when they were working!!  I'm not sure what to think of him retiring... But I know he'll enjoy being off and being in his new home with out worrying about work too!!

 

Derek is off today too... Sorta.  He has to recertify with Tango (his K-9) this morning for patrol work and then he will be off for the rest of the day.  He'll more than likely work tomorrow evening and possibly Saturday evening OT though.  Oh well.  It will make up for his days that he took off sick :)

I'm really tired today.

I can't seem to catch up on my sleep, even though I slept plenty while I was home sick!

When I did wake up this morning, my eyes were puffy and bloodshot :X  Now my right eye is blurry and burning.  I hope it is just from being tired and nothing else... Like the dreaded PINK EYE.  Ewww....

 

Well, I hope that my first alert wasn't my last... lol.  But I do have to go wrangle up my daughter and make sure she isn't getting into anything and bugging anyone!!

Have a great Thursday all!

~Pickle Jenn~

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

U KNOW WHATS GOOD FOR PINK EYE BLACK COFFEE.  JUST THE COFFEE NO SUGAR DIP A CLOTH IN IT AND PUT IT ON UR EYE.  IT WILL GO AWAY SUPER FAST (JUST IN CASE).  GLAD EVERYONE IS FEELING BETTER

Anonymous said...

It's pretty common for conjunctivitis to be linked to a cold - that means it's viral and there's not much you can do for it.  If it is still bugging you in a few days, go see your doctor.  For now, any time you rub your eyes, wash your hands.  Don't want to pass it to the kiddos or the other eye.

Anonymous said...

AOL blows toots.  I just now started getting entry alerts and comment alerts.


One of these days AOL....to the MOON!

Glad everyone is ALMOST better...just in time for me to feel under the eather.  I'm fighting it though, I will stay in complete denial over it.  

My dad is 60, he has three more years until he can retire....Our family is preparing for it already.  We are having a shed built out ack for him to live in :)~

Anonymous said...

congrats on your alert!!! lol, mine have been funny for awhile too!...oh and yay your dad is officially retired on my 20th birthday!!!  go us! new chapters in life! lol
ok i'm being silly...time to stop eating all the leftover halloewen candy : X  ah!!!
well ttyl
hope the eyes are okay
<3, em

Anonymous said...

So happy that everyone is doing better!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Agreed, so happy that you're doing better, even if you have bloodshot eyes...AOL ALERTS need to get an alert.

Hope you're 100% in time for the weekend!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

WHEW...everything getting slowly back to normal eh? Good job.

Congrats to your father on his retirement. You should already know what I think about our law enforcement officers so when I ask you to give him and your hubby a huge thank you from me for all the years he and people like him have kept us safe...then you wont find that odd, right? :-)

I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's not pink eye. That's the last thing you need.

{{{HUGS}}}

-Raven

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see that everyone is "Almost" feeling better in the pickle jar!
I hope those alerts keep coming to ya!
Congrats to your dad on retirement!

Theresa

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your dad on his retirement! Thats awesome! Hes lucky!

Get some sleep!! :)
~Tricia

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're all feeling better!  It sucks to be sick.  YAY to your Dad for retirement!  

Luv~Heather