Tuesday, November 8, 2005

~Hmm~

Wow, I seriously was taken aback by some of the comments that I received in regards to my previous entry.

Did I REALLY make myself seem like I was this Perfect gal with such a Perfect Life that I had no care or worries in my life?

It sure seemed like from some of the comments that is what people "saw" when they read my journal.

I never wanted people to think I was Perfect or had a Perfect Life at all.

I just never fully put my life and my problems out there for everyone to read before...

 

I have problems just like everyone else.

My Money is short.

My Marriage can be tough.

My Kids drive me crazy.

 

I just choose to not always put everything out there all the time. 

 

Now, I don't want it to seem that I didn't appreciate each and everyone of the comments that I got... Because I sure did.  It helped knowing that I am not the only one in this type of situation.  I just never wanted to think that I was putting this persona out that I had a Perfect Life...

Because no Life is Perfect... and No One is Perfect.

 

Anywho...

I'll stop talking about all that now...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Rowan had a big ol' achievement in gymnastics yesterday evening!!

She passed all of her Level 1 (the class- Kindergym- is broken down in levels) skills!!

So at the end of the skills test and class, Rowan and another little girl were able to ring the achievement bell...

Well, when they do this.  The whole gym stops and listens to what the teacher has to say.  After the teacher makes the announcement (Rowan has passed all her Level 1 skills!!) the whole gym claps for them!!

I got shivers from the whole thing.  I was so proud of my little girl.  She had the biggest smile and seemed so excited that she could ring the bell...

So now next Monday, she'll begin to practice skills that are in theLevel 2!!  I can't wait to see what that entails!!

 

Tonight is dance... I hope to see some improvement in the class in regards to them learning their dance for their Christmas Recital.  My dad went with Rowan last week (because I was sick) and he said that she was one of the only girls in there that would actually pay attention and was so patient when it came to the other girls.

For only being almost 4, she is sure a patient and understanding little one.  I seriously believe she has an "old soul".  She is way more wise and grown up for her years...

I guess I'll just sit in the corner and read my Janet Evanovich's book "Two for the Dough" and enjoy my quiet time!!

 

Mr. Z is doing really well too.

He is over his loosie goosies and seems to be eating more than ever!!  Usually in the mornings and evenings he'll eat a whole 8 ounce bottle and then during the day he'll down between 6-8 ounces.  He is going to turn into such a Fatty baby :)

 

Yesterday I went and got fitted for my bridesmaids dress.  See, I'm in a wedding on November 26th.  The dress is very pretty, seeing that when I tried it on it was the first time I had seen it!  The dress is very "forgiving" and definetly something I'd pick out for myself or my bridesmaids.

Thursday I'm going over to the brides mothers house to help with the favors for the wedding.  Their wedding has a Christmas theme, because they were originally going to get married in December but because they couldn't get the hall when they wanted they are getting married in Nov. now.  So, the favors are red and silver bulbs with ribbons on them that has the bride and grooms names and the date of the wedding.

How neat is that?  Pretty neat if I do say so...

Yeah, it was my idea :)

 

Then Saturday is the big ol' bachelorette party!!  We are going to go to dinner then back to her Aunts (who is more of a bf) to have a Naughty and Nice party and then just party :)  It should be fun...

 

Well, I need to get working.  I hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

::Hugs and Loves to All::
~Pickle Jenn~

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the book good? I need something to read.  I just finished good nite nobody it was not as good as in her shoes.

Anonymous said...

congratulations, Rowan!  Way To Go!!!!  seriously, i got all teary-eyed when I read about that, i'm so proud of her!  Zach is too cute, with those big old eyes... omg gettin teary again.  love them kids.  Re; the previous entry, i can't speak for anyone else, but i can say this; it's not that i thought you wwre perfect and had no problems, because everyone does, but you're just so positive and upbeat, and i couldn't for the life of me figure out how you could be so positive all the time, but then again, i am a very pessimistic person, so maye that explains it.  every so often you mention a problem or two, but you're so upbeat about everything, that it may seem to others  like it's not really a big deal, when in fact, it is.  I hope you feel better and get it all figured out. have fun at the  party!  hugs, liz

Anonymous said...

I LOVE JAMES PATTERSON BOOKS.  I AM GLAD THAT ROWAN PASSED HER LEVEL 1 ISNT IT SUCH A NICE FEELING I GET LIKE THAT WITH KAYLA

Anonymous said...

You know, I don't think there's anything wrong with painting the positive picture - or letting the negatives vent out. Whatever is real to you at the time, whatever you are motivated to write, is what it is.
I guess some people relate more to the negative aspects than the positive. So be it for them. I don't think you ever set out to seem perfect, and even if you did, so what? Some journals we come to read just because they do seem to be positive and smiles.
I bet your readers value both types of entries, and love you no matter what!
Hey, it's nice for everyone to know that even the happiest of people have problems, right?

~Danielle

Anonymous said...

You are going to have a very busy Thanksgiving weekend!  But I'm sure it will be fun :)

Cool for Rowan!  Woo hoo for level 2   :)  Grace's dance classmates are very well behaved.  I was shocked!  They are one of the youngest classes her school has, too :)  

Grace is the eldest and her teacher makes a point to her about being  the leader because she is the only one who has had dance before...  That helps keep G calmed down ALOT  ;)

I never thought your life was perfect.  I never think anyone's life is perfect....  I had to go back and read what I wrote yesterday  ;)  Everybody has problems, just some choose not to share so much.  I know I don't!  

Hope you have a good day :)

Cat

Anonymous said...

Oo oo, I want an achievement bell.  Not for the kids but for ME!   hehe!

Lori

Anonymous said...

WooHoo, Let the Games and Pure Joyous Pride begin!!!

CONGRATS to both you and Miss Rowan!! Too Fun, huh?

And...Naughty & Nice party?? OMG!!! I'm sooooo missing out on that; pick me sumpin' up, Pickle, will ya? Everyone could always use more of where that shite comes from :o {{(((((w.e.e.e.e.e.e))))))}} <...get it?

AND!.....

Puck it Pickle, hehe, your kind of Prefect is the only perfect there is: Pure and Sweet unadulterated Rose smelling...hmmmm....shite -sometimes. I have never seen a prefect pickle before, have you? *wink* LOL

Love ya bunches & batches & bushels,

Barbie @>--------

Anonymous said...

I can't agree with you more...no life is perfect...
and no person is perfect.....never will be...thats life!
I too choose not to talk publicly about alot of my personal
issues...unless i see it fit to...I just find it hard to really really
open up in my journal and let it all out...
Congrats to Rowan!!!!!  How exciting...the bachelorette party...hehe
be sure to take lots of pics...I know u will have a blast!!!!
And you know we wanna see you in ur bridesmaid dress...you will
look beautiful!!!!! Tomorrow is finally humpday...the weekend
can't come soon enough for me...UGH!
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

You shattered my illusion of you, I really did think you were perfect!!!!  I didn't even think that it was because you didn't put the crap we all go through in your journal.  DUH Lisa!  As I said before, it's nice to know I am not alone dealing with the stuff I have to each day here.  So, keep on sharing woman, let the world know that you have your ups and downs too.

HOORAY for Rowan!!!!!!!  What a wonderful achievement!!!!  She is such an old soul, you got that right!!  

A bridesmaid huh?  Well, at least the dress is not form fitting and made for a size 2 person.  That would be my luck!  I am sure you will look beautiful as always!!
Hugs and love,
Lisa  

Anonymous said...

What's "perfect" about you, is that you face down the tough times with such elegance. Yeah, life throws you curve balls, but you always manage to bounce back, with a renewed energy. You accept the bad with the good, but it's your attitude that can make it all seem so perfect. And that ain't so bad. Nothing wrong with the way you do things.

Sometimes it's the little things that matter more, and you seem to appreciate that fact.

So, "perfect"? likely not, but admirable, respectable? Yeah, that fits.


Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Good job Rowen!!!  What an accomplishment.  Way to go!

I guess in ways I'm like you too.  Everybody is so shocked by some of the words I leave in comments...it's not always the sweet little mommy they see in my journal.  It's not that I'm trying to put on a false persona...it's just that my entire family reads my journal...including my in-laws.  So often, I can't actually express how I'm feeling.  It sucks.  That's why I started my private journal which only Doug and I have access to.  It's totally my vent journal.  <grin>  

But Jenn, if it makes you feel better, I never got the impression you were trying to make yourself seem perfect.  You're a young mom with 2 small children and a mortgage.  Life these days isn't easy...for any of us.  We're so alike in so many ways....

Hope you're feeling a little more optimistic today!

XO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

YEAH ROWAN! WAY TO GO!
I'm glad to hear Mr. Z is feeling better too! :)

Theresa

Anonymous said...

everyone has worries ; )  its just life....that naughty and nice party sounds fun ; )  that is such a cool theme
well take care
<3, emily

Anonymous said...

Interesting....I wonder if I can get people to think that I'm perfect
(giggles)
I'm just joking, I think you are as real as anyone
Congrats to Rowan on her achievement!
I bet you were both tickled pink!
Kathleen

Anonymous said...

You're not perfect?  ::gasp::  Just kidding Jenn :)

YAY for Rowan!  I would have probably cried...lol  

Christmas themed wedding...never heard of it, but it's a great idea!

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

well now..
how could anyone think that you are trying to portray an illusion of perfection...
you have gone through one of the most DIFFICULT things a mother can go through..
and that is seeing one of your children go through a MAJOR illness...in a perfect world..
our kids would always be safe and well...I am sorry Jenn that people can be so cruel..but
jeolousy brings out the ugly in all of us...
love ya much and I love reading about your imperfect life...and yeah for RO!!
Christie