Wednesday, November 23, 2005

~Wishing You a Happy Thanksgiving and A Very Busy Weekend~

Well, it has been a few days, hasn't it.

Oops!

 

Guess life just was a little too busy for me to actually sit down on the computer and get an entry out!

 

Oh well.  I'll make it up to you all with a pretty decent sized entry today, okay?

 

First of all... I want to wish each and everyone of you a Happy Thanksgiving!  I love this time of year... The holidays, I mean.  I just wish our weather was more of the "holiday" weather. 

We are still in the low 70's during the day, but we do drop down in the 40's at night!  I just wish it would be around 50's all day long.  I love just sitting by the fire with a good book and enjoying the cool weather!

*Just checked the local weather!!  Get this... It is going from 73 today, 72 tomorrow... Then Friday will be 65 degrees, 60 on Saturday (the day of the wedding!!) and then next Tuesday will be 55 degrees!  How about that for major weather jumping??*

Oh well, I'm sure it will come... Just when, who knows!

 

I slept like caca-doodle-do last night.  Poor Mr. Zachary has a cold (who knows where he got it!!) and he was up a lot last night.

When I went out to the kitchen at 2am to give him some tylonel and gas meds (I didn't know what was up with him, so I was just giving him stuff for an upset belly or for his teeth hurting!) my dad just happened to be up, so he took him from me and sent me back to bed.

Come to find out later... Zach didn't go back to sleep until 330am and then woke up again at 5!  The poor boy is so stuffy and he is actually coughing/choking on the stuff that is running down the back of his throat!

He seemed to be so down this morning when I saw him... He was trying to feel better, as my dad pointed out when Zach was doing rasberries, but you can tell he doesn't feel good!

I just wish there was some kind of medicine to help him out...

Thank goodness for my Daddy... But I do feel bad that my Daddy didn't get any sleep though! 

 

Hmm, what else... What else...

 

Tomorrow we'll be going to the bay area for Thanksgiving to my grandparents house.  We'll be there all day long... I hope the kids don't go too stir crazy!!  But the food and the company will make up for it!

 

Then Friday will be spent helping my friend decorate the hall for their reception and then the rehearsal dinner.  I can't wait to see how it comes out because the theme is "Christmas".  There will be Christmas trees around the hall, presents and topiary for centerpieces and other red and silver accents!

Friday night is the rehearsal dinner and then afterwards all the girls in the wedding party will be staying the night at my friend's (the bride) house.  That should be a whole lot of fun... I am planning on bringing brownies and soda and other girls are bringing other stuff.

We're going to have one last Slumber Party I suppose :)

Of course, Saturday is the wedding.  I hope I'll be able to find something cute to do with my hair.  I think I'll just have the gal doing the hair blow it out and straighten it and then pin the front portion back.  Simple yet elegant.  I was going to put it up when it was longer (hehe) but I think that idea will work.

I promise I will take plenty of pictures for you all... Especially my hair that I've been promising to show you!!

 

Then on Sunday we'll be having another Thanksgiving at my house.

See, Derek works tomorrow so he won't be able to make it to my grandparents.  Plus, the rest of his family went to Disneyland for the holiday.

So, we'll have another one in the afternoon so we can all be together and celebrate!

Should be agood time with some GOOD food!!  His mom is making this Corn Souffle and it is so yummy!  Then we'll have the turkey and mashy potatoes.  The stuffing and the gravy... Oh I can't wait...

Not like we won't have that tomorrow, because we will... But I can't wait to have it another time!!  lol... I'm such a fatty!!

 

What else... What else...

 

Hmm, I can't think of anything else... I guess my entry wasn't going to be as long as I thought.  Duh, Jenn :)

 

So, I'm going to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving again and be on my way...


Hugs,
~Pickle Jenn~

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy thanksgiving

Anonymous said...

gosh i wish i was still having 70 degree weather. i woke up to snow snow snow. gosh i hate that stuff i think only because i hate driving in it. and i have to do that at least once a day. grrrr!!!! if it wasnt for that i might enjoy that white stuff.

boy you seem to have a wonderful dad. he is such a help. that is how i like to be too. it makes me feel good. debbie

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving :)

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time with your family!  I think your father is WONDERFUL by the way!  He is exactly what a grandfather should be like!  :)  Make sure we see LOTS of pics of you from that wedding woman!  I have been dying to see your hair!  HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!!!
Hugs and lots of love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Have a great Thanksgiving!


Denielle

Anonymous said...

Hope Zach is feeling better soon. Have a happy thanksgiving as well.

Anonymous said...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!

~Jenn~

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving...
Can't wait to see the pics of the wedding and
ur hair...a Christmas theme wedding will be awesome..
We are having a sleepover at my aunts friday night...
we never are too old for one of those are we...hehe...it's
always so fun getting a bunch of girls together...
Hugss...~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Have a great holiday Pickle!
I hope baby Zach is feeling better
soon!
Love,
Connie

Anonymous said...

Aww, poor Zachy!  Gracie has a nasty cold today, too... she begged me not to go to work on my lunch break... broke my heart!

Sure hope they both fell better tomorrow!

Sounds like you have a very busy weekend!  Hope you get to rest at some point :)

Oooo... my Dad makes corn souffle, too~YUM!  love it, love it, love it!

Hope everything goes as planned, Jenn :)

Happy Turkey Day to you and your family...

Cat

Anonymous said...

happy turkey, day, dahlin!  have fun!  I hope Zachy feels better soon, poor lil cutie.  I'm uhm, sorry about our IM convo the other night , I get carried away sometimes when I get on certain subjects, but thanks for listening and being there!  again, sorry bout that.  And again, happy tryptophan-induced-nap day to you and yours.  Hugz, liz

Anonymous said...

So, it's Friday...did you stuff yourself like a turkey or what?  I know I did, and still am!

TTU SOON!!!

~V~

Anonymous said...

I often sleep like caca doodle...just didnt think anyone else did too!  :)

Robin

Anonymous said...

Okay, so you're busy!  But I want to see the hair, the hair, the hair!  LOL  :D
Anna

Anonymous said...

Happy (Late) Thanksgiving!

Hugs
Brandi

Anonymous said...

I hope you all had a GREAT Thanksgiving!!  I can't wait to hear about it all :)

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

Hope the wedding went well!  

And Happy belated Thanksgiving!

XO,
bridgett