Saturday, November 19, 2005

~Good Times~

Oh man.

I'm so full.

The kids and I just got back from dinner at a local Mexican restaurant where we met Derek and two other K-9 officers who were breaking from training for dinner.

Oh it was so good.  I had Fish Tacos with beans and rice.  Yum Yum!

My kiddos were on their best behavior too.  I just love that.  Its almost like you want to go "nanana boo boo, my kids are good in restaurant" to those people who sit in the booth next to you who's kids are outrageous!

Ha! I'm so mean... But seriously.  They were good.  Mr. Z enjoyed some rice and beans off of my plate and Rowan ordered her own dinner... A Quesadilla.  Such a big girl she is.  She loves going and meeting her daddy too... Getting to see him and the doogies.

She was also asked by the other K-9 officer from Derek's pd if she'd like to go to her house to ride horses!!  Ro's eyes brightened up with that question.  I think we'll take her (D's partner) up on the offer too!  I'm sure Rowan would have a blast... I think I would too :)

 

So dinner was a good ending to a good day.

The kids and I slept in until just about 8am.  I'm really surprised too.  Mr. Z tends to be an early riser, but I guess I played my cards right this morning and he just slept!  I don't mind though.  I was tired!!

Later in the morning we went to the mall with my MIL.  We had a good time shopping for shoes for the kiddies and then my MIL took Rowan to the "Hello Kitty" store.  Oh man.  I think Rowan was in hog heaven there!  All that 'girlie' stuff... lol.

After we picked up some pretzels at the pretzels stand we were off to a local nursery that specializes in Christmas decorations and the Department 56 houses.

Rowan and Zach each got a Christmas Ornament from my MIL too.  Rowan picked out - with a bit of help from me and my MIL- a cute little fairy ballerina, while Zachary got a "Baby's First Christmas" ornament.

 

After we got home from the mall... We ALL (yes!!! me too!!!) took a nap... a 2 1/2 hour nap!!  I swear, if the phone hadn't rung, we might have slept for longer!  Thank goodness we didn't though... I am still not sure if my kids will be ready and willing to go down when they normally do tonight because of the long nap!!

 

Oh... I forgot to have Derek take a picture of me today when my hair looked nice... lol.  So I guess I'll have to do it tomorrow.  Sorry :(

 

Miss Rowan had a good time at her First Big Girl Birthday Party yesterday!  She said she liked the movie and my SIL said she did a good job watching it.  Of course, because she is not even 4 yet, she did have a little bit of a problem towards the end... SIL said Ro was getting a little bored and what not.  But she seemed to like hanging out with the Big Girls.  She kept calling the other girls "Kids".  haha.  I guess she doesn't realize that she was the "kid".

 

Tomorrow Derek has the day off.  I think we are planning on hanging around the house and watching Football... fun fun... (not).  But hey, at least he'll be home and we'll all be together!!  Maybe the kiddos and I can drag him away from the TV for a little bit tomorrow and make our way down to the local park.

The weather here has been in the mid-70's lately... nothing like Normal November weather... so I'm sure it would be nice to take a walk down there.  Yep, I think we'll be doing that!! 

Park!  Here we come!!

 

Well, I need to go feed my little man a bottle.  He doesn't seem full from the beans and rice... Growing little man I am guessing.

I hope each and everyone of you has a good rest of the weekend... And I HOPE and CROSS MY FINGERS that I'll hear about them next week... (it is still sooo quiet out there in J-land!)

Smiles
~Pickle Jenn~

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the silence here in J-Land.  Kinda eerie almost lol.  I love your journal by the way.  I've been reading for awhile!  Have a great weekend.

Brian

Anonymous said...

Hehe you are too funny! Nana booboo! I so still do it, I wll do it when I am 40. :x

TAKE  A PIC OF THE HAIR! lol

I can't help it, I so want to see.

Glad you had a good day.

Hugs
Brandi

Anonymous said...

Girl, I'm hungry.
Bring on the Mexican food....at this ungodly hour, while I wait for hubby to come home from work (I haven't seen him in what feels like 2 days.  You know how it is.)
Glad one of us is sleeping!  :p
Anna

Anonymous said...

I forgot..
^-^ The Hello Kitty Store?  I'd never get her out of it!
Anna

Anonymous said...

Sounds like everyone had a great time!
I just love mexican food!
Lovish!
Connie

Anonymous said...

I Can't wait to see your hair, I got mine cut yesterday.  I like how I style it better though..so I am going to work on it today.
I am glad your kids and you had a good day at the mall..Your mil sounds like a good one..i bet she loves her grandbabies.  I wish I would have had a good one like her.  Tacos sounds good, I have never heard of fish ones before?

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, Baby Girl! hehehe. Thanks for the alert reminder, dodotedo....

I love you Bunches & Bunches! Have a Fantastic Day!!! Rowan and I have so much in common, I just got some Hello Kitty stuff for myself, LOL. Noone is too old for Hello Kitty...hmmmm....Well maybe, but not me! Weeeee......

Cya Soon *wink*

Barbie @>--------

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a GREAT day!  I am always proud when my kids behave at dinner too.  I hope you are enjoying having hubby home for the day today!!  Hope the weather is beautiful for all of you!  :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a funfilled day..
and even got to sleep in plus a nap
woowhooooo...gotta love those days!
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a busy little (or should I say LONG) day you all had!
Horse riding ... sounds like a blast!

Theresa

Anonymous said...

Sounds like everything is going good in the pickle jar.
I bet Rowan will love horse back riding.
Glad you got a long nap!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

sounds like a good time all around....I'm hungry just reading about the mexican food!
so post a pic already of the hair!
I think you should have posted a jab at the loser friend who stood you up Friday afternoon. I just realized that I forgot to stop by the salon on my way home from the nursing conference.....I could have seen the hair IRL!
What a loser!
Sorry.
hugs
Laura
http://adventuresinjuggling.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Yummy...I love Mexican food.  Now I'm hungry for it.  I think I might just make John take me out to lunch.  

I want some of your warm weather.  Actually I think you're rainy today.  I seen on the news how Cali was supposed to have 2 big storm systems coming through...yuck!

Hope you guys had a great weekend!

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

Mandy's dream is to be a K-9 officer...

Anonymous said...

Mmm...Mexican food sounds yummy!  Sorry I havne't been commenting.  When you went public again after being private, I forgot to reset my alerts.  I just realized tonight that I hadn't heard from you for awhile, and thought I'd better check your journal out.  <grin>  

XO,
bridgett