Wednesday, November 9, 2005

~On With My Life~

And I'm on with my life...

There are so many things going on now and in the near future, that my head is actually spinning.

 

Rowan had dance class last night.  It went okay.  Her main teacher was coming down with something (Thanks! Like I need you locked up in a windowless room with my daughter so you can give her germs!!) so she let the assistant teach the class. They worked on their dance for the Christmas recital and then proceeded to play "Follow the Leader".  Thankfully they had to do something with dance.

Rowan's Nana (my MIL) showed up at the studio to watch Rowan and visit with Zachary.  Rowan seemed to enjoy having someone besides 'Mom' there watching her.  She is such a ham sometimes, it isn't even funny :)

On the way home, I had Rowan sing "My Humps" by The Blackeyed Peas with me.  She cracks me up, that child.  Yet, she rather sing "Hollarback Girl" by Gwen Steffani :)  So we did that one too.

I swear, we must be a sight.  Singing at the top of our lungs and dancing in our seats.  Unfortunetly, the windows in the back of the Tahoe do have some tint to them... So I'm guessing that the people see me doing this instead of us both... lol.

 

Derek reminded me today that Christmas is right around the corner.  To be exact, Christmas is 45 days away!!  Ugh, I'm so not in the "Ho Ho Ho" mood lately thanks to our money issues... And of course, the little boy that my husband is, must have "bunches and bunches" of toys under the tree.  He likes to be spoiled, that is for sure!!

I've already cracked down and have gotten Rowan 3 gifts.  That isn't much, but I'm sure there won't be too many more.  She gets spoiled so much by my inlaws (all those presents come home- while the ones she gets from my parents stay at their home) that we don't buy her too many gifts at this age. 

I haven't bought anything for Mr. Z yet though.  I'm not too sure what toget a 10 month old (thats how old he'll be at Christmas) really.  I have thought about going out to a really nice baby boutique and find him a really nice blanket.  He loves the blankets that I have on my couches.  They are really soft and have these frilly things hanging off the ends.  If I can find something nice and similiar to that, I'll get it for him and then have "Baby's First Christmas" put on it.  There are some "gym" type things that I have seen from Fisher Price that I might look into.  But does a 10 month old really understand Christmas??  And will he play with the boxes and paper more than the gift??  You know he will :)

 

::more spinning... more spinning::

 

Today is my Daddy's birthday.  He is a whole 50 years old.

Happy Birthday Dad... Love you bunches and bunches...

I'd tell you what we are giving him for his birthday, but he reads my journal.  So I don't wanna spoil the Wonderful gift he'll be getting :)

I guess tonight is my last "free" night of the week.

I don't have anything to do but help my Daddy celebrate his birthday.

Tomorrow I have to go and help my friend with her favors for the wedding.  I'm sure I'll be gone for a while.  I'll have to make sure I DVR "Survivor", "CSI" and "The O.C." because I have no idea when I'll be home!  I hope I'm home by 8pm, so I can relieve my parents from their babysitting duties and be able to put my kids to bed myself.

 

Speaking of kids in their beds...

Rowan is finally sleeping really well in hers and Mr. Z is sleeping really well in Mine :o

Yep, my son has come attached to sleeping in bed with me and napping in someones arms.  Eeek... this is going to be hard to break. 

But secretly, I love to have him in bed with me...lol.  The other thing, the napping in the arms, is something that makes life difficult.

 

Oh oh!  Get this!!

 

My Husband FINALLY has a evening off!!  An evening off that he'll be spending at home... I'm so excited :)

Friday night Derek will be home with his wife and babes.  I think we'll make a nice dinner and maybe watch a movie or two.  He had mentioned maybe going out on a date, but that isn't going to happen... So staying home and being together is the next best thing!

 

And of course Saturday is the "WILD NIGHT"... lol.  I'm not sure how WILD it will get, but thankfully I'm going to be able to go out and have some fun.

I think I really need it... What do you think??? lol...

 

Well, I need to get myself going... I took a long enough break from my work.  Yippee Skippy... Maybe I'll go make myself my bagel now as another distraction... haha!!

 

Have a Wonderfully Fun HUMP DAY my friends...

~Pickle Jenn~

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope you have fun this weekend,
don't remind me how soon Christmas is, I dread it for the same reasons you do
I'm going to find that tree that money grows on that my mom was always talking about when I was younger.
Happy Birthday to your dad!
Have a good afternoon with your husband!
Kathleen

Anonymous said...

GLAD UR FEELING ALITTLE BIT MORE HAPPY.  HEY HEY DID U SEE GILMORE GIRLS YESTERDAY I COULDNT BELIEVE IT. WOW RORY IS GONNA GO HOME HMMMM WHAT IS THE BIG SECRET NOW UH OH I BET HE IS STILL MARRIED YUP THATS IT HE IS STILL MARRIED HA HA I FIGURED IT OUT WATCH ITS GONNA BE THAT.

Anonymous said...

oh no i can just imagine you and miss rowan singing, haha...its okay i do that with olivia too but she doesnt understand anything thats going on....lol...so its just me dancing around in the car with a sleeping baby, lmao
happy birthday to your dad ; )
enjoy the free time with hubby ; )
oh and have fun at that party you do DESERVE to have some fun!
ttyl
<3, emily

Anonymous said...

I love those songs too.  Great you and hubby get to spend some time together.
I bet the kids will love having you both there.  I know it is hard but these are the good years with those kids, take lots and lots of pictures.

Anonymous said...

I loveeee Gwen Stefani..she is awesome
I like her new song Luxurious...i believe it is called
I make Jeff want to crawl into the floor singing and dancing
in my truck...he keeps sayin...oh my lord will you stop it
someones gonna see...LMAO...i say...I don't care =)~
Hope u have a fab time saturday night...you deserve it...
drink a few for me...and take plenty pics...hehe  
Enjoy Derek's night off friday and Happy Birthday to ur Dad!!!!
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

I don't think my hubby or I have bought Christmas presents for each other in over 10 years!  Isn't that sad?  When you have more than one kiddo though, you tend to want to spend the money on them and not on each other.  I love the "My Humps" song, but Emma doesn't know that one yet, she always says "Put the Banana song on" meaning the Gwen Stefani song.  I have the best time with Matthew in the van dancing and singing to songs while we are driving.  He is the ONLY one that allows me to be crazy.  Bethany hides her head and Emma tells me to be quiet.  LOL!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your very young Daddy!  Geez, I am only 11 years younger than him.  Makes me feel old!  :(  And, by the way, babies at Mr. Zachary's age don't even understand what Christmas is BUT Rowan does, so you have to have things under the tree from Santa for him or she will be mighty ticked off at Santa.  
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I am so not ready for Christmas....

You're right about babies and Christmas... they don't get it (not usually until 2 or 3 do they understand they get presents)  Zach will love the boxes, paper and bows and that will be the extent of it.

I only got Grace clothes and a few toys for her first two.  Last year, though, she was loaded down with presents!  She still likes to play in boxes, though ;)  (they're her 'forts')

Happy Birthday to your Dad!!

Have a good 'Friday'tomorrow!

Cat



Anonymous said...

I think a night out is just what you need!  Go out and have some fun.  

Ahh Christmas.  I'm not ready for it.  I haven't done any shopping yet and have no idea what to get Casey.  Hmmm...what to get a 10 month old???  I wish I could help you out, but I have no idea.  He won't know what it is so I'd just do something little.  

Happy Birthday to your Daddy!!

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

I want you to enjoy every minute of the leisure time you have coming to you. Do you want me to stop by Sunday with some aspirin, LOL?


Take care. Hope the head stops spinning soon!


Jimmy

PS. Is there anything better than a baby sleeping in your arms, knowing that they're so secure?

Anonymous said...

Men can be such big kids....lol, I hope that Santa comes to see Derek..:)

Your journal seems in better spirits in this entry. Don't worry about making everything sunshine and roses all the time for our sake.

The purpose of the journal is to let your feelings flow out so always be real!

Love you,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Wow...I don't even know where to start commenting on this entry.  <Grin>

I'm in agreement with you on gifts for the kids.  For Parker, we just got him some big boy bedding and accessories for his room.  We're finally converting his crib to a daybed...and I want him to have new sheets.  We got a 'transportation' theme.  Trucks and cars...  His grandparents can buy toys if they want.

For Autumn...I just don't know.  I'm kind of at a loss as to what to get for her.  I hate spending a bunch of money for a 1 year old.  We did that with Parker and it was such a waste.  

Happy birthday to your daddy!

By the way...my in-laws are here.  Have I mentioned how much I dislike them???

=)

XO,
bridgett