Saturday, February 25, 2006

~Because I'm On a Roll... Mr. Z's First Birthday Entry!~

I've probably gone and cursed myself now...

Once I think that I'm on a roll and able to get all then entries in that I've been wanting to, I'll probably have to stop soon!!

Ooh well...

Okay, on to Mr. Z's First Birthday Party Entry!!!

 

We celebrated Zachary's birthday the weekend before his actual birthday mainly because of Derek's schedule and the fact that weekend he was off and it was closest to Z's actual bday.

I'd have to say, his birthday was very nice.  Much smaller than Rowan's first birthday- we had around 30 people at her party- and I didn't mind that one bit.

We just did pizza from a really, really, really good local pizza place and hot wings and salad.  Very simple... Nothing easier than simple really!!

Zach's birthday cake was something out of this world though!!

My MIL and FIL got that it as part of Zach's bday present.  It was beautiful and huge... as you'll see in the pictures.  It was a 16" round cake with cake blocks on top that spelled out Zachary!!  And the little candle holder on top has been in Derek's family for about 30 years.  Both Derek and his older brother had it on their cakes!!

Hope you enjoy the pictures... There are a lot of them!!!

Overall, it was a great birthday party... at least I think it was :)

Mr. Z seemed to have a wonderful time and we all loved seeing him have a blast with his new stuff and playing with the cousins!!

Hope you enjoyed all the pictures!!
~Jenn~

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the cake!  It's amazing!

Aww darn, I was hoping for a really big icing mess hahaha!

I saw Rowans outfit in the background...too cute!

He sure did look happy, ya did a good job mom!


~V~

PS...hardwood floors..you bitch!

Anonymous said...

he looks so grown up! Cute as a button! And his Miss Sissy is making sure he gets the loot. she looks so cute in her outfit.
Where did they find that cake? Looks wonderful..I think his party was an success.  You are right he does look alot like his uncle.
Great pics, thanks for sharing:)

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Bday to Mr.Z!
Doesn't time fly when you have kids??
Looks like you had a great time

Anonymous said...

awww i loved all the pictures i cannot believe your lil guys already a year old...gosh hes such a cute
ttyl
<3, em

Anonymous said...

He is such a beautiful boy!

Anonymous said...

o how i loved that cake!!!! happyto see that he had a great time.

Anonymous said...

I did enjoy the pictures, he is so cute and looked like he loved that cake. LOL.  

Anonymous said...

Loved each and every single one of the pictures!  That cake is AMAZING!!!  My mother was a cake decorator for my entire life and I know cakes, and that one is worth any amount of money they paid, especially since Zach got hit very own cake!  Most 1 year olds don't know what to do with the cake, so he wasn't alone! LOL!  Mine all cried when everyone sang to them, they freaked out!!  Zachary is growing up so much and that face is just so beautiful!!!!!  Love seeing his baby blues!  Thank you for finally sharing these pics with us!!  :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa who likes to use !!!!  a lot  :)

Anonymous said...

That cake is fantastic!
I loved all the pictures, hes such a cutie pie!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pics!!!!

Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

The great thing about waiting for your entries: they're always worth the time! LOL That was so clever coming up with an individual cake; he did pretty well digging in for himself.

He's a happy little boy, and I see why! Wish I'd have gotten one of those trucks to play with..too late now.

Happy Birthday ZACH!


Jimmy

Anonymous said...

What a great 1st birthday!  Zach is a lucky little boy.  

Loved the pictures...and that cake!  My goodness that was beautiful.

XO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

That cake was adorable!  Looks like he had a good time :)

Luv~Heather