Monday, February 6, 2006

~Ugh. Mondays~

Ugh, it's Monday.  I really hate Monday's.  Especially when the weekend goes by too quickly!

Hmm, let's see.  Friday I did nothing much.  We cleaned house and we went grocery shopping.  Like I said, we spent way too much money!  I hate how places like that can charge you an arm and a leg on things that you need to survive!!  That really can tick you off.  Can you believe a gallon of milk costs more than a gallon of gas?? Anyways, enough bitching about prices of things...

Saturday was spent basically doing the same thing... Cleaning house and what not.  Derek was having his parents and a friend over to watch the "UFC" fight, so he was busy getting things cleaned and preparing food.  I of course was helping clean and what not... but around 3pm that afternoon I started to get ready for my Girls Night Out!!

I left the house around 615 that night and my friend Amy and I headed to the movie theater to watch "Underworld: Evolution".  It was a pretty good movie.  A better sequel then some... a little gory... and it definitely left it open for a third movie, although I doubt there will be one.  I heard that the people didn't release the movie for the critics to see before it was released to the public.  I guess that means that it probably isn't worth seeing and so I'm taking it there won't be a third movie.  Oh well.  I wish there would be, I'd like a proper ending to the whole story line!

After the movie, we went to Jamba Juice to get a little pick me up.  Neither one of us were to hungry, so that was the perfect thing.  I got one of their 16oz drinks and a Sourdough Parmesan pretzels, which I shared with Amy... Yum.  Perfect for filling up the belly and not too bad on calories.

We enjoyed those all the way to the next stop.  A local restaurant and bar/lounge where we met up with some other friends.  A mutual friend of theirs was DJ-ing the karaoke thing that they have there.  None of us did sing, but we enjoyed the drinks (4 Coors Lights and 2 shots later!!) and the company.  It was really fun to get out and be away... It did feel a little weird not to have to worry about the kiddos, but I got over that :) Weird thing was, I was home by 1145pm!  Derek was waiting up for me, playing on the computer.  I ended up snacking on some of his left overs and then crashing on the couch to watch part of the "UFC" fight.  The next thing I new, I woke up... all alone... on the couch.  It was about 1am and I realized that I had fallen asleep/passed out and Derek left me there to go to bed!  lol... what a butt.  According to him, he had told me to go to bed and I had said some garbled okay!  Oh well.  I ended back in my bed around 4am and was luckily to stay there until after 9am!!  Woo Hoo for me!!

Sunday was such a lazy day.  I swear, I was in my PJ's until like 8pm!!  I know, dirty... but all I could do was stay on the couch and read the 11th book of the Stephanie Plum series.  I swear, those books suck me in and don't let me go until I've finished them!!  And after I do, I can't wait to get my hands on the next book.  What sucks this time around is that Janet Evanovich won't be releasing the next book- the 12th- until June!!  I guess I'll have to find something else to keep me occupied with :)

We did get our new bedding on the bed... Or shall I say Derek did.  I enjoyed sleeping on the new sheets.  And no, he didn't wash them before hand.  The bag that they came in was sealed (bed in a bag) and he's weird just like me... lol.

Well, I need to go get Miss Thing ready for gym class... Hopefully Zachary will be a good boy and let me watch her.  He gets kinda bored and wants to explore the place, but I usually don't let him do that because the little kids there tend not to watch for babies crawling on the floor :(

Have a great Monday evening everyone... ~Jenn~  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Janet Evanovich's series.....didn't realize the next one wouldn't be out until June !!!  She needs to write faster !! LOL

Anonymous said...

Milk is 4.00 a gallon here. It is terrible. Glad you had fun with the girls.

Anonymous said...

What are those books about?  I wish I could find a good series to get into again.  Last series I read was when I was in HS!  LOL!

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a good time out with the girls!!  It's been so long since I have done anything like that I wouldn't know how to have a good time!  I do know I would be home early though.  Even though I am a nightowl, I'd rather be here on my computer in the safety of my own home.  Funny about Derek leaving you on the couch.  LOL!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn!!  I had to come find your journal as I haven't been getting my alerts!  I've missed ya!!  Sounds like you are doing great!! That's awesome you had a girls' night out and got a chance to read your book and have a day to relax and be in your jammies all day!  Every once in a while that is the most wonderful thing for us busy moms to do!  I am out of touch with popular authors these days so I didn't recognize the name of the author but sounds like she is addicting.  New sheets!!  I love new sheets too!  (I don't wash mine first either.  I figure they are straight from the factory never used so they must be fine as they are.  So far I'm still alive so it must be all right.  Lol.)  Hey you'll be happy to know I'm closing my cleaning company and got a new job.  Now we will both be official career ladies.  I'm soooooooo scared.  Have been a Work At Home Mom for almost 7 yrs.  Yikes!!  Hugs,
Lisa

http://journals.aol.com/randlprysock/AdventuresFromFlorida/      

Anonymous said...

Hey, I've never spent my day in pajamas reading an entire book (cough, cough), no, not me!  lol
After your girls night out, you needed to rest up--sounds like you had fun. :D
Anna

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great relaxing weekend, just what you needed!
hugs,
Kathi