Monday, February 27, 2006

~Sharing~

Please forgive me in advance for this picture... it isn't the best.  It has been a long day and my nose looks pretty red.  But hey, I told you I'd share... so here I am sharing!!

     nosepicresized.jpg

So, on Sunday afternoon, I went to the local piercing place...

Derek, the kids and I ventured over there around 1pm... I thought Derek and them would come in with me... but Zachary had fallen asleep in the car.  So Derek decided to stay in the car with the kids and I went in alone...

It took a lot for me to go in alone.  Every piercing I've gotten has been done with someone beside me.  My first belly piercing with my mom... my tongue piercing with my mom... my second belly piercing with friends (I HAD both the top and bottom of my navel done at the same time!) and you get the picture :)

I walked into the place and the gal behind the counter asked "what can I do for you"... Well, I told her I wanted my nose pierced and she pointed me in the direction of the jewelry and told me the prices (total of $60 with special soap!!).

Then, I signed the paperwork and walked back into the piercing room.  She chatted me up, told me what she was going to do and then she did it.

Yes, it hurt.  A tid-bit more than I thought it would.  My eyes watered... A LOT.  It is still a little sore and as you can see, red.  But I like it.  Its small just like I wanted and cute enough too :)

Derek was really surprised that I actually went through with it all by myself... so was I ;)  But I'm a big girl... lol.

::edited:: It does look a little sore, because it is... but it is more uncomfortable right now than painful.

Hope you don't mind the ugliness of the picture... Just wanted to share.

Have a great evening!

~Pickle Jenn~

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

from the way it looks ,is it very painfull now after the fact ?

Anonymous said...

not an ugly picture..I like it..Once the redness is gone it will look good.

Anonymous said...

yes it does look like it hurts, but as soon as it clears up it will look great.  Good luck with it.

Anonymous said...

Its really cute!
Do you still have your tongue pierced?
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

make sure not to put any makeup around it my friend did that and she had a bad infection...it was not cute...worse looking than when you first pierce it.
w2g about doing it yourself :)
it looks good!  the redness will go away soon
ttyl jenn
<3, em

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, maybe I will rethink this nose piercing thing.  I didn't think it would hurt that much, but I guess I was wrong huh?!?!  And, $60?!??!  WOW!  Didn't know it was that much either!  But, I have to admit that I do love it on you!  :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

You couldn't be ugly if you tried!

Good luck with it!

Is it the one with the round hook thingie on the inside?  Like a screw?  Gosh I hurt just remembering mine!  I never even took pics of it!


I paid the same amount for mine, so that seems to be the asking/going price.


~V~

Anonymous said...

Aww good luck with it! I'm all sorts of pierced up so I know how it is!


Denielle

Anonymous said...

It actually looks good on your nose...

This was a piercing I'd never considered for myself, because in case you haven't noticed, I look like a Pug dog.  <grin>  Definitely don't want to draw attention to my nose.  =)

Good for you for doing it!  I did most of my piercings by myself....we're gutsy girls, you and me!

XO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

'k I missed the tongue piercing when we have gotten together.
Looks good....I know it's new.
So soon yopu'll have to enlighten me on how you keep it clean on the inside...you know, the boogs that might get stuck! ;)
Laura

Anonymous said...

Ouchie!!  Are piercings addictive like they say tats are??  Do you have any tats??

Anonymous said...

OUCH!!  That looks like it hurts.  It's cute though.  

Luv~Heather