Thursday, February 16, 2006

~Pullin' A Nae and Sharing My Dinner~

(Hey, if Nae can share her food, why can't I???)

Okay, so tonight I made Catfish for the very first time... Actually, it was the first time that I have ever eaten Catfish... so tonight was a night for firsts :)

I love fish... And when I was at the grocery store the other day, I was looking for some salmon.  Everything they had looked terrible.  So, I asked him to refer me to a piece of fish and he pointed out the Catfish.

I was hesitant at first, only because I never had it and wasn't sure how to make it... but he told me you could do it pretty much any way.  Bake it.  Fry it.  What ever.

So, I choose to fry it.

I didn't do it the "normal" way with the whole egg and flour deal.  I just wet the fish then rolled it in Italian bread crumbs.

As you can see... it turned out pretty yummy
     DinnerBefore1Resized.jpg
Yes, you can see part of a lap top in that picture... lol.  That would be Derek's :)
     DinnerBefore2Resized.jpg
Here is a close up... ha!  I'm killin' myself with this whole sharing deal... lol.  The catfish, brussell sprouts and asparagus.  That shiny white stuff is tartar sauce!!

And from these pictures... You can tell I really enjoyed the dinner... Although, Miss Rowan wasn't too hot on it.  I guess she prefers salmon!
     DinnerAfter1Resized.jpg
     DinnerAfter2Resized.jpg

Yup, that was mighty tasty... I be thinkin' I'll have to make that again... Maybe one night when Derek is home... I think he'd like it!!

Well, thanks for letting me share my dinner with you... lol.  Hope you enjoyed it as much as me ;)

Hugs,
Pickles

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a pretty silly (but amusing!!) blog entry today, Jenn.  Unusual, to say the least, but I definitely enjoyed it.  

Anonymous said...

Haha, the best part of that was Derek didn't get to have any. Hmm....was that planned?  Kidding, only Nae would do something so sinister ;)

~Now that's how journaling is done, my friends.~

Great entry *P!

~V~

Anonymous said...

I love seeing what others have to eat for dinner.
I love fish but have never tried the catfish.  I do not like any kind of fish where there might be a bone.
I usually fix salmon or flounder filet.  Catfish is a big thing in the South, my husband loves it.

Anonymous said...

we had fish tonight too...lol...but ours came from razzoo's...lol

kelly

Anonymous said...

YECH!  Fish of any type, double YECH!  I didn't know people actually ate Catfish!  LOL!  But, yours sure looked nice on those cute plates I have to admit!  :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hmm, nothing on your plate is anything that I would eat..lol.
Glad that you enjoyed it though!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

ok now i'm off to raid the fridge...looks tasty!
hope all is well
ttyl
xoxo
em

Anonymous said...

This looks really yummy...even at this hour of the morning.  :)
Michele

Anonymous said...

Even at breakfast time, that dinner looks fabulous! I haven't made fish in so long, you've got me thinking about making it soon! I can't seem to get the kids to like it so much, though. It's hard only having them for two weekends - I don't want them to hate what they eat over here all of the time, so I only push the new stuff gradually. I think at their Mom's they just get the standard junk. :(

I loved this photo entry, btw, thought it was very cool of you to share!!

Hugs,
Danielle

Anonymous said...

I have NEVER tried catfish. I LOVE fish, and especially sushi, but catfish seem so gross to me with all of their whiskers!!! Then again, I won't eat shrimp or crab because they are "bottom feeders!" I guess someone will have to serve me catfish and not tell me what it is if I am to ever try it! I love brussel sprouts though!! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was good.  I'm not big on any kind of fish so I'd have to pass...lol

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

I don't like any fresh water fish..cat fish being my biggest dislike.

I'm glad you liked it though! :)

Anonymous said...

Mmm...the catfish looks really good!  Perhaps I'll try that too...

XO,
bridgett