Friday, April 22, 2005

~Family Time~

    DaddyandZach2.jpg
                   Daddy and Zachary... "Nap Time"... April 22, 2005

Okay, first of all, Derek would probably kill me for posting this picture... But it is perfect for the day that we had.  Oh well... So what... That is what I'll say IF he finds out... hehe.

Our day was basically Family Day.  After Derek got home from Dog Training, we all headed into town.  I got both of the kiddos all dressed up like little cutie pies... I wish I had a picture of it, but my darn camera battery died while I was trying to take it!!  Argh.

Our first stop was the police department so that Derek could enter his overtime (cha-ching $$$) into payroll.  Of course we stopped and chatted with everyone that we passed.  Well, almost everyone.  Haha.  We choose who to talk too down there, for other reasons unmentionable.  I'm sure most people can figure it out...

Miss Rowan pulled her Shy-Girl act today.  Of course she totally loves all the attention from everyone, but she just picked which people she was going to talk to today.  Haha.  Plus, the poor girl has so many "Uncle So-and-So's" and "Auntie Whats-Her-Name" I'm sure she gets confused.  LOL...

Zachary was the hit of the party, or so to say.  Most people saw him before his heart problem was fixed, so to see this big ol' baby, it was a suprise!!  He did have a melt-down when he was put into someone's arms.  Hey, I can't blame him.  Not every kid can be hunky-dory fine in everyone's arms... He was much happier when Daddy took him back from "that mean old person!"

After we left the police department, we walked next door to the fire department.  Rowan loves fire trucks, but of course, this time, the Shy-Card was pulled again.  She always wants to go climb up in there and see them, but it took a lot of "teeth-pulling" to just get her to sit on the bumper of a truck with her Daddy and take a picture.  It did turn out really cute and I hope that I will be able to scan it and have it look good... But I can't promise miracles. 

Right next door to the PD and FD, the "Moving Wall Memorial" was being held at a park.  So, we walked over there to check it out.  It is really sad to think about all those people that died during the Vietnam war.  Miss Rowan didn't seem too interested in the wall, but it really moved Derek and I.  So many names... So many families... Aahhh.

::side note:: Pickle is really emotional lately (haha!! bet you couldn't tell!!)

After we left the park and did our rounds again at the PD, we were off to lunch.  Derek wanted Mexican food, which totally isn't on my diet, but I enjoyed it anyways.  I had a grilled chicken breast salad with green sauce as the dressing.  Num Nums, let me tell you.  I did have some chips, but oh well... They aren't too many points.  Rowan even ordered her own lunch today!  Can you believe it??  She DID whisper it (lol) but she said Quesidilla (sp??) pretty darn good for a 3 year old!  Haha.

Zach was awesome during lunch... He slept the whole time!  But boy, was he hungry when we got back home.  He downed his food in NO TIME.  I swear, he is a little piggy.  Haha.  Derek accidently put him in a 6-9 month outfit yesterday, and granted it was a little large, but it fit well.  I couldn't believe it.  He is really long, but only still about 10-11lbs (I'm guessing).

Tonight, we are having a Family Meal.  All 6 of us will be sitting around our table enjoying the dinner that my WONDERFUL mother is cooking for us.  Healthy of course, but still just as good.  Chicken and potatos, veggies and salad.  Yum Yum.  I just like food too much, no wonder I'm not loosing any weight... Haha.

The weather here today is really interesting.  It was so beautiful this morning, and then all of the sudden it gets all gray and windy.  Derek and Rowan took advantage of the wind and went to the park and flew their kites.  Derek called me twice to tell me to look out the door to see if we could see his kite... And I could!  I think the second time he called he had it at least 500 feet in the air- his string is 500 feet and it was all the way out!!  I couldn't believe it... They enjoyed "their time" together...

And the picture above shows you what he did when he came home... lol.  Just too cute and I had to share it!  I just gotta love my boys...

So much is going on this weekend, I'm hoping I can make it to the computer... knowing me, I probably will.  Saturday we are going to a retirement dinner for some people from the PD.  I told Derek that I'd be the DD since he was the DD for the wedding we went to last weekend.  Its only fair that we take turns.  Plus, he'll be with his friends, just as I was at the wedding.  I can't wait for the food though... I just love the food that we always have when the PD has get-togethers.  BBQ'd steak, potatos, salads and wonderful bread!  See, there I go again with the food... Geeze Pickle!!

Sunday I have TWO different parties to go to. One baby shower and a going away party for a really close friend.  I don't even have a present for the baby shower and I'm not sure when I'll be getting one... Knowing me, probably right before the shower!!  Haha...

Well, I'm going to go.  Miss Rowan wants to play and I want to play too :)  I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend...

::Smiles::
~Pickle~

PS. Thank You Barbie (love ya!!) for that wonderful nickname...

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy tearing eyeballs Batman! LOL!

I just loved every single word of this entry!!!!

I didn't know the hubby had hardware *wink* very sexy sleeping baby, hehehe...I'm talking about Zach of course!!!

He's just sooooo beautiful Pickle, really *sniff sniff*

Babe, ease up on the food thing. Only very smart people know our sceret, shuuush! "Home is where our mouth is!" tehehehe :o

Have a Fantabulous Weekend, I Love you!!

Barbie @~>~~~

Anonymous said...

WOOOHOOOO YOU GOT A SEXY MAN THERE SWEETPEA...LOL..AND THERE IS NOTHING SEXIER THAN A DADDY TAKING A NAP WITH BABY....TOOOOO SWEET! SO GLAD YOU ARE BACK AND ALL IS WELL!

KELLY

Anonymous said...

what cute picture! it sounds like u had a really fun family day...i remember those when my kids were young...so fun...that traveling wall was in our town last year...we went also...we were there for a long time...just walking and looking and reading...what an amazing thing...but very sad indeed...i am so glad that they take it around the country for people like us to see though...cuz im sure i may never get to DC to see the real thing...anyway..have a great family dinner and a wonderful weekend!

linda
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LifewithLinny
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LinnysLuciousLickings

Anonymous said...

that baby looks so content..I can tell already he is going to be spoiled rotten.
I don't blame you he is a sweetie..

Anonymous said...

Love the pic, it is soooo cute!!! And I hear that overtime ching ching too.. hubby works in a police Dept, too!! Gotta love it!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful peaceful family day...No worried...daddy HOME and NOT WORKING...LOL...Thats so awesome for you..:) I'm glad to hear you have so many things planned!! It'll keep you active and busy although Im sure youd just bundle up at home with TWO babies now sometimes..LOL

(((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

good looking husband and he looks neat in his earings...Glad you and babies are doing better
donna In TEXAS

Anonymous said...

Well, if that isn't the cutest picture
then I don't know what is!
Absolutely adorable!
Love ya Pickle Woman!
-Connie

Anonymous said...

I HAVE A PIC OF MY HUSBAND HOLDING MY NEW BORN GRANDSON JUST LIKE THAT EXCEPT THEY WERE IN A RECLINER. IT WAS TAKEN 10 YRS AGO AND SEEMS LIKE YESTERDAY. THEY WERE BOTH KILLED IN THE SAME AUTO ACCIDENT 6 YRS. AGO. I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE LOOKED AT THAT PIC. DON'T EVER BE SO BUSY THAT YOU MISS THE SIMPLE PLEASURES SUCH AS THIS. YOUR HUSBAND AND BABY ARE BOTH SO VERY HANDSOME. GOD BLESS

Anonymous said...

Thats a sweet picture. It sounds like you had a wonderful day, and you made me hungry talking about that food!!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful entry...you have beautiful boys too...and it sounds like ya'll had a nice time together...nothing like family time..so happy to see that Zackary is much healthier and peaceful..hugs, christie

Anonymous said...

You really know how to pull at my heart strings, don't ya?  That is just the cutest thing, Little man and his dada :)  Rowan reminds me alot of Julie at that age.  She's 4 1/2 now, and even when she was three she was very independent, outgoing, Ms. center of attention, but sometimes she played shy, and still does.  Kids crack me up.  I had Red Lobster last night and I can assure you that I ate enough for three people, so don't feel bad.

Anonymous said...

What an adorable pic...I'm diggin Derek's earrings <<wink>>...dang girlie...u have a busy weekend ahead of you...have a great one!!!!  Hugss ~Terri~

Anonymous said...

oh that is precious!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful day...oh cherish that!!!

~Kristin

Anonymous said...

Love that picture of Daddy with Zac!!  So cute!!  It will be so nice to have the sit down dinner with family.  Don't worry about the baby pounds... they will come off in no time at all... I wish I had just had a baby because then I'd have that wonderful boost in my metabolism and about right now...it would really help me fit my jeans!  LOL!  Sigh, ugh!  I just have a few stubborn stress pounds on but you'd think it was like 100 pounds or something.  I do more worrying about it than doing anything to fix it though.  Finally I'm on track with my workout so I'm a happy new woman right now!  Woo hoo- a whole week of working out!  
Well, big hugs to you and hope everything else is fine and that all the pictures turn out great!  
Lisa

Anonymous said...

PS I love the new photo of you in your about me section!!  You look so pretty and very happy and with your darling Miss Rowan!
Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Rowen ordered her own meal!  That's incredible.  She's a little brainiac already!  <grin>

Adorable picture of Zachary and daddy.  Flying a kite sounds like so much fun!!!  

Glad you're having a great weekend so far.  

Love,
b

p.s.  The weather here did the exact same thing.  We were at the park with the kids and it suddently started sprinkling and got really windy.  ::sigh::  Then my darn sandle broke.  LOL

Anonymous said...

I always look forward to this journal. Always has something nice to say or show, and it sure is great to know that there are some good things going on in the world!

I so know what you mean about the baby sleeping through lunch. Life's little pleasures now and then, you know?


Jimmy

Anonymous said...

What an adorable pic!

~Jenn~
http://journals.aol.com/icewitch96/JennsWorld

Anonymous said...

Ahhh I love the pic!  They look so cute!  

Sounds like you guys had a good family day.  I'm with ya girl.....LOVE food...lol

Luv~Heather