Wednesday, April 13, 2005

~Oh Wonderful Hump Day~

Well, today is Wednesday... Woo Hoo.  Only a few more days until the weekend... I don't know why I'm so excited, because I am not really having to "work" like the normal people looking forward to the weekend, but hey, this weekend is bringing some fun for me!

This weekend, Derek and I are going to a wedding for a friend of mine from High School.  It is an afternoon wedding outside, so I'm hoping this nice weather we are having holds out - for all of us!!  It will be nice to go out as a couple and enjoy some free time.  Yes, we got to spend plenty of time together in Sacramento, but this time, we don't have to worry about a special little guy in the hospital :)

My mom and I went on Monday afternoon to the mall to find me something to wear to the wedding.  I don't have much, because I'm between sizes, and it was very difficult to find something to wear!!

In the end, I did find something too cute.  I purchased some pink capris, a white tank, and this really cute blouse - stripped with pretty colors like pink, peach and yellow. 

I was so frustrated by the end of the shopping trip that I didn't even want to go look for shoes!  I can't wait to loose weight... I want to be back to my 'normal' size... Around what I was BEFORE I even had Rowan.  I have a ways to go... But I'm determined to get there.

One way that I'll get there is through Weight Watchers.  I rejoined WW yesterday actually.  I have 47 pounds that I want to loose!  Yes, it sounds like a lot... And it is... But I'm needing to loose it to get to my "Goal" weight.  I can do it... It is just going to take time and patience.

Thankfully, my mom is a great support system... Plus, she eats a whole lot healthier than my Hubby... I love the man to death, but he just enjoys his "Comfort Foods" just a little too much.

I'm also planning on excersising.  Walking is starting in the next day or so... And when the weather is really warm, I am planning on swimming!  I just can't wait to swim... To do laps and tread.  I'm a natural "water baby" as my mom calls me and my comfort zone is in the pool... Suprisingly :)

Everything here has been pretty good.  Although, I went and filled Zachary's prescription yesterday and when I went to pick it up this afternoon, I was told my insurance wasn't going to pay for it until the 16th.  They told me that we "supposedly" had enough of the previous prescription to last until the 16th... I just hope they are right, because his prescription means life or death... Really.

Rowan is doing great.  She is finally sleeping in her Princess Room.  Her daddy decorated it so nicely and she is finally using it the way she should... It does take some time to get her to relax and sleep in there... But each night gets easier and easier.  She is allowed to come to bed with her daddy and me early in the morning, but that is about it.

Zachary is just growing by leaps and bounds.  Today, while laying on the couch, he started to try to roll over!!  Hello?!?!  Is that supposed to happen this early?  He is only 7 weeks old... He shouldn't be able to do that.  When I just barely touched his arm, to give him a little "umph" he was over onto his chest in no time flat.  I guess he is going to excell pretty quickly now that he is feeling better...

He even has a double chin!  And this time, it isn't from being on the vent!!  Woo Hoo.  His sleeping patterns have really settled in too.  He is usually asleep by 1030 or 11pm and then won't wake up until around 3 or 4am.  Its nice... I guess the formula fills his tum-tum good :D

Well, I'm going to go spend some time with my Hubby.  He is off for the next few days, but do you think he'd actually stay home and relax?  Nah, he is already planning on working a few days while he is off!!  Goodness...

Hope you all have a great day and a great week...

::Smiles and Hugs::

~Pickle~

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hubby just can't sit still can he?!?  I love that Zachary is getting a double chin AND almost rolling over!!  WOW!  He is definately doing great!  Don't worry so much about your weight, you just had a baby 7 weeks ago woman!!  You are young, you will bounce back in another few months!!  It's us "older" women that don't bounce back as quickly and still have those extra 20 pounds hanging around even though their child is 4 years old and only weighed 6 pounds at birth!  LOL!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

In regards to your hubby..Can you say "work-a-holic"!! HAHA...At least he isn't lazy...Thats a good thing..And good for the income too Im sure since you aren't working right now....;)

Thats awesome you are so excited to lose the weight..Im ALREADY that way...rofl..I almost bought the new Ab Louge at Wal-Mart last night..But then I thought.."Hey, I can't even use it for 2 more months..it mightbe cheaper then!!" HAHA...W.W. is awesome so I hear..i might have to try that too!!

(((HUGS)))) Glad your getting some "couple" time this weekends..Weddings always make me appreciate my hubby more...;)

Anonymous said...

I've started to walk every day for some exercise..I've got 30 pounds to lose, but it's sticking to me like heavy duty glue..lol! I'm trying that eating every 3 hours thing, and it really seems to help me curb my hunger. I would join WW, but do not have any time to go to meetings..all my free time is spent studying usually.
Robyn :)

Anonymous said...

I joined WW 2 months ago and so far have lost 23.6 lbs, well I weigh in tomorrow/today (since it's after midnight), so hopefully more!
I've found it so overwhelmingly easy!
I walk 2 miles a day at least 4 days a week, if the weather cooperates. I'm sure you'll have the weigh off in no time. I have a total of 100 lbs I want/need to lose...so just 77 more to go!

God Bless
http://journals.aol.com/my3gifts/MyWeightLossJourney/

Anonymous said...

Hey pickle, how is it bein married to a cop?I have only heard the bad:I E  they have the best drugs,or they r really angry and abusive, so what's the deal and member keep it real

Anonymous said...

Honey, you said it, Zach is a special little guy.

He's probably very advanced (that is early to be rolling around but who's to say what is what with every special event that goes by anymore, lol) I'm sure he's eager to get on with it and won't waste any time getting there. that, or he's just showing off for his mommy *wink*

Have fun at the wedding, you deserve nothing but the best time ever!!

Love ya kiddo!

Barbie @~>~~~

Anonymous said...

ahhh  the days when they wanna crawl into bed with the parents! Enjoy them, as annoying as they may be, because they are going to go quickly!


Jimmy

Anonymous said...

I hear ya about the pregnancy weight.  I never lost all the weight I gained from Parker's birth...and then I had Autumn.  I feel like a whale, all stretch marky and gross.  ::sigh::

Have fun at your wedding this weekend!  I bet you look great in your new outfit!  

And I'm SO GLAD to hear little Zachary is doing fine.  I can't believe he's already rolling over.  Autumn started around 3 months.  Now, she's 5 months old and still can't quite get from her back to her belly.  But belly to back, she's good.  LOL

Love,
b

Anonymous said...

I just started swimming (indoors) and always feel better after I go...so invigorating..have fun at the wedding :-)

~ www.jerseygirljournal.com

Anonymous said...

I hope ya'll have fun at the wedding.  That will give you a nice relaxing break away from everything.  Your outfit sounds really cute ;)

Sounds like you're on the right track to losing weight.  You can do it!!!  I also LOVE to swim.

Wow...rolling over at 7 weeks!  GO ZACHARY!!!  That's amazing and I bet it's so cute ;)  Glad to hear he's still doing well ;)

It's also great that Rowan is sleeping in her princess room.  Bless her heart.

Luv~Heather