Monday, April 25, 2005

~It's Monday~

Well, this weekend was pretty darn busy.  I swear, if I could have, I would have slept pretty much all day today... lol.

Saturday night Derek and I went to a retirement party for a dispatcher and police officer from his department.  It was nice.  Because none of the other ladies I usually chat with (both SIL's and some friends) weren't in attendance, I hung out with Derek most of the night behind the bar!  Yeppers, I played barmaid... haha.  It was fun, and I think they liked the fact that there was extra help.

Dinner was really yummy.  BBQ'd steak, salad, pasta and wonderfully delicious garlic bread... I swear, it was so good.  I could have just eaten the bread for my meal.  Haha.  But it sure made me thirsty in the middle of the night!

We were out of there by 930pm.  Party Poopers, I know.  We were even called it too... But by couples that DIDN'T have children at home being babysitted!  Just them wait, thats what I have got to say :D

Sunday morning I was up bright and early!  I had told my friend's mother the night before that I would make bruschetta for them for her daughter's Going Away party!  So of course, I had to go to the grocery store and pick up tomatos and basil.  It turned out really good though.

Then around 12pm, my friend Amy (Auntie Amy) came over and we headed to Target to get a babyshower present for our friend.  Man, because I know exactly what to get and what is great for new mom's, we were in and out of there in a flash... We filled up a baby bathtub with a bunch of goodies.  I really think she appreciated it.

After we were there for a good two hours, we left to come home and pick up the kids and Derek to head off to the Going Away party!  Goodness, we were busy yesterday.  We hung out at that party for just an hour or so and then headed home.

My mommy was a good mommy last night because she had made the dinner that I purchased that morning at the grocery store!  Pork Tenderloin (lemon garlic) white and purple potatos and veggies.  Geeze, healthy enough, I just don't understand why I'm not loosing any weight...

Oh thats right... Excersise!!!  Duh, I need to start that.  Grrr...

Miss Rowan is becoming a little hellion lately.  She is being testy... So I call it.  Doesn't want to do things the first time around and whines and cries all the time!!

I know she is probably jealous of Zachary... And that it is just a phase, but boy is it frustrating!  I'm sure all you mother's out there understand how I feel :)

Speaking of Zachary.  He is his good ol' gassy self... lol.  I am not sure if its his meds or formula that makes him so gassy, but he is.  Sometimes its worse than others - he'll literally scream when he passes gas- or just smiles when he does... lol.  But boy, can that little man clear a room!  Haha.

I'm STILL waiting for the referal from his PCP for the neurologist!  I'm getting kinda fed up too.  His appointment is supposed to be this FRIDAY... And I don't know if I'm all keen of paying $130 when I don't need to.

Speaking of referals.  I went to the doctor today for my toe.... Again.  If you remember back to Sept/Oct. I had a ingrown toenail removed and now that it is growing back, its growing back into my skin!  Argh.  So, the doctor put my back on some antibiotics and is refering me to a Foot Doctor.  Fun Stuff.  And the procedure he was telling me that they'll probably do sounds like a blast... NOT.

Miss Rowan has gym class tonight.  She seems excited to go.  I hope that Zachary will be good for me while we are there.  I'm sure we'll be just fine though. 

Oh goodness.  Little Man is waking up and of course, I'm on my own!  Nothing like a ONE WOMAN SHOW ya know??

Have a great day all.
~Pickle~

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good grief..you were a busy bee this weekend, but it sounds like you had a good one.
I hope that Rowan passes through her stage, it probably is jealousy. Poor thing!
Have a good evening!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

WOW, you were busy!! From one party to the next!! HAHA..No wonder you headed home early..don't blame ya!!

I got some good advice about getting them to quit whining a lot. When you want her to do something, give her two options. That way she is still in control and makes HER decision. Ask her "Ro, you can either pick up the toys or you can not watch your cartoons tonight...which do you want?"..or something to that extent..LOL..It has worked quite a bit with my girl, and shes 5!! LOL...Still whining..I think it's a never ending thing with girls though..i remember whining in my teens..HA!

(((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

You put the "B" in "BUSY" woman!  WOW!  I would have to sleep an entire 24 hours to make up for that weekend!  Sounds like fun though and all the food, as usual, made me hungry!!!!  I am sure you are quite the expert now with baby gifts, gee, wonder why that is?  Hee-hee!  The toe thing does not sound fun at all!  And, remember to just keep giving Wacky Zachy that Mylecon for the gas, it does wonders!  It is the ONLY thing that got me through with Emma.  
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Boy, you weren't kidding!  Busy, busy weekend.  Sounds like you handled it quite gracefully though.  

I'm sorry about the ingrown toenail thing.  My cousin has to have procedures done on her feet all the time for the same reason...poor girl.  Luckily, I don't seem to have a problem with that.  

Oh yea...Autumn is gassy too.  Fun, fun.  LOL

Love,
b

Anonymous said...

Don't worry too much about the foot doc... they can do a painless procedure that will make the toenail unable to grow back into the skin... not exactly an amusement park ride, but not like passing a stone either :)

http://journals.aol.com/daneykakes/AnadsJournal

Anonymous said...

You are crazy busy! I don't know how you do it especially with 2 kids!!! I don't know if you remember me that well i used to be under a different screenname (moongurlie88) and a different journal (life in the sunshine state) Well, i've always loved your journal and you've always stuck out in my mind bcause our due dates were so close together. You had Zachary on the 22nd and my due date was the 24th of Feb, although i was 9 days late so i had Aiden on March 5th. Plus, you live kinda close to my hometown, Sacramento. Anyway, i am just getting back into journaling. I'm trying to keep up on it as much as possible but even with one baby, it's difficult!!! Anyway, take care and don't work too hard!!!....Brit
http://journals.aol.co.uk/bfreeman916/LifeAsIKnowIt/

Anonymous said...

You had a busy weekend. Sounds like you had fun.

I can relate to the ingrown toenail thing. I had 2 remover from my big toes. The foot doctor said He couldn't understand how I had been able to walk and stand on my feet all day at work. It's called having a high pain threshold. Anyway they still came back. But that was years ago, I have not suffered with them since.Good luck!

God Bless,
TiasNme2

Anonymous said...

Whew....you were way BUSY!!!  Casey is being a hellian too so I feel for ya.  Not the whining and crying, but mouthing back...Grrrr!!

I hope this referral thing gets straightened out soon!   I know this has to be a pain in the butt for you guys!

Luv~Heather