Wednesday, April 20, 2005

~Um, Eh...~

Um, eh....

Thats how I'm feeling right now.

Nothing in particular is going on.  Trying to keep my house from falling around me.  It seems that once an area is cleaned and picked up, you turn around and it is in sambles again.  I guess that is what happens when you have kids.

My mom is doing a great job of trying to help me.  I guess that I've been a certain way for so long (lazy and sloppy) that it still lingers at times.  I know that I need to "pick up as I go" or as the kids go, but hey, it took time to get the way I was and it is going to take time to get out of that way.

But I need to hurry up and get out of that way, because in less than two weeks I'm heading back to work.  And I know I won't want to come home and clean after working.  I'll want to come home and spend time with the kiddos... Not the house.

Monday and Tuesday were spent doing much of nothing.  Well, not really now that I think about it.  Tuesday my mom and I were cleaning out the garage.  Why us you ask?

Well, when we had the kids' bedroom floors done, we put everything out there so that they could do it.  Yeah well, it has taken me a while to go out there and find what I want to keep and what I want to send to goodwill or the dumps :)  So, that was what we were working on yesterday.  We didn't finish, so I'm hoping that the kids will be good for me today and take a nice long afternoon nap so I can finish it.  Because I know my husband wants his garage back!

I also spend Monday and Tuesday trying to make up for the damage I did to my diet on Saturday.  lol... I guess it didn't work because I ended up gaining a pound instead of loosing weight!!!  Argh... I guess all the sodium in those drinks taught me a leason or two.  So, hopefully this week will be better than last.  Its not like I'm not counting my points or eating the wrong things, I just think my body believes that I'm starving it and its holding on to all the weight that I want to get rid of... haha...

Oh well.  It will come off... It took time to put it on, it will take time to get it off.

The kiddos are doing reallywell.  Miss Rowan has been a little devil lately.  I swear, if she were older, I'd say she was hormonal!  One minute she is happy, the next sad or ticked off.  She never went through a terrible two's, so I'm guessing she is making up for it now at 3!!  I love the Princess to death... Its just that sometimes, I wanna scream ;D

I still think she is going through a little bit of a jealous faze with her brother too.  She loves him, don't get me wrong... But I just think she has a hard time sharing HER mommy with him.  At night is the worst.  We've got her sleeping in her own room now.  Its been over two weeks... But she is still having a hard time.  The last few nights she has been crying and saying, "I love you Mommy" when she is supposed to be trying to fall asleep!  It breaks my heart... Then she ends up in my room sometime between 2 and 3am.... And of course when Derek gets home, he puts her back in her room... Which brings on more crying!  The poor thing.  I just hope she gets comfortable quickly.  I don't know how much longer I can take her crying... I just want to gather her up and take her to bed with me!!  But I know the time has come for her to be in her own room... hehe.

Zachary is doing really well.  He sleeps good.  He eats REALLY good.  He is just good most of the time.  Lately, he has been gassy though.  The poor Little Man just kicks his legs and grunts or cries.  I gave him some gas meds the other night and that seemed to help.  I wonder if it could be his meds for his heart that makes him like that - you know, a side effect- or if it is the formula.  I guess we'll just have to live with it.  I'm not about to change formulas on him though... That would be like changing a dogs food... Icky and Messy! lol.

He is getting better about sleeping in his bassinet instead of being held all the time.  Sometimes we hold him though... When not much is going on.  But when I need to do stuff, its good to be able to put him down and not have him fuss -too much... ::hehe::

I'm still waiting to hear from his PCP (Primary Care Physician) about whether or not we will be able to take him to the neurologist in Sacramento.  I called again today to find something out and the lady said she'd pass on the message!  Hello... I called two weeks ago and they said they'd call me back then!  Yeah, okay, sure.  Luckily his appointment isn't until the 29th, so we still have some time.

Oh yes.  I'm going into work tomorrow for a little while.  My MIL and SIL are heading down to LA for a golf tourney that is being put on by one of our customers and the other girl that works in the office is off on Thursdays.  So, they are leaving around noon and I'll be coming in around 1130am.  Aaaahhhh... I hope I can remember how to do my job... lol.... Oh well, I guess I'll have to remember because I'll be going back officially May 10th.

Well, I've gotta run.  Zach is sleeping and I don't know how much longer it will hold out and I have a big ol' pile of laundry to fold.  I hope everyone has a great day.

::HUGS::
-Pickle-

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems harder to lose the wieght after the second child compared to the first...For me it did at least...LOL...Sounds like you are trying to get that old energy back!! Good for you! Im sure going back to work will be no problem for you..But you're right..The more kids..the more messes..and the quicker they make them!! HAH...I don't know how Im going ot handle the house and working once hubby gets home..LOL..He adds ANOTHER "kid" in the house....he he (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

I remember the terrible 3's to me they were worse than 2's.
So glad your little one is doing better..does he have one of those bouncy things you can sit him in? My son loved his! and the swing too;) He got spoiled being held and those two things helped me from going crazy.  Us moms need all the breaks we can get.

Anonymous said...

No matter how much I clean my house always looks dirty. I will clean downstairs and then go clean the upstairs, as soon as I come back downstairs it's already dirty!!! I swear I could vacume 3 times a day...why is that? ughhhh i feel ya sista!

~Kristin

Anonymous said...

(((((HUGS)))))

Less is more and less to pick up *wink*

Leave the stuff in the garage and call goodwill, lol

I'ma lovein you so so much!

(This is what Casey would say about a thousand times when he asked me every two seconds, "Mom, guess what?")

What can I say, he was three, LOL! -Sometimes I would look at the little bugger and say, (((I Know I Know, you're lovein me so so much!!))) big fat meanie mommy me *wink*

Barbie @~>~~~


Anonymous said...

Sounds like a normal life over that way of a Mommy with 2 kids to me!  You will actually enjoy going back to work, at least for one week of peace and quiet and pickles!  LOL!  My children NEVER went through the terrible 2's, they ALL went through the Terrible 3's!!!!!  Rowan is just learning to voice her opinion now and getting more independant and that makes her crazy.  It will get better, honest it will!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

You're sure a busy girl!  But it sounds like you're getting everything under control.  

It's great that Rowen is sleeping in her own bed now.  I really think it encourages independence in children.  That's important.  Parker only slept in bed with us for about 8 weeks, then he went to his crib.  He was such an angel...he never even cried.  But, since we're currently living with my in-laws, Autumn doesn't have her own room and we have no room to put her crib up.  What this means?  Doug is on the couch and Autumn & me share the bed.  ::sigh::  

I'll be glad when we're in our own house.  

Love,
b

Anonymous said...

I just figured I would stop by and see how everything was going with you all especially the little man, I am very glad that things are going well. You have been in my thoughts and prayers. XOXOXO                   Jen

Anonymous said...

Geez, you've been busy!  Glad to ear things are going good though.  Rowan will get used to sleeping in her own bed after awhile.  She's just going through a phase.  She probably does have a little jealousy going on.  It's only normal.  She had you all to herself for 3 years!  It will all pass ;)

Luv~Heather