Tuesday, April 26, 2005

~Lazy Day~

I'm embarrassed to say that as of right now, 1pm, I'm still in my PJ's!

What the heck is my problem?  I haven't done anything today and I really don't wanna either.  Okay, I did manage to get a load or two of laundry done and loaded the dishwasher... But other than that, I've done nothing but sit on the couch watching TV and take care of the kiddos.

Rowan managed to get a marker and instead of coloring on the index cards she should have been coloring on, she colored on herself.  Yep, she looks very pretty.  And boy, was she proud of herself too!  Goodness.

I swear, that kid is going to drive me to early gray hairs!  One minute, she is happy go-lucky and the next she is a little turd.  Sometimes, she'll listen to me the first time I say something, the next I'll say it 3 or 4 times before I even get a reaction out of her!

::Grrrr::

So today, I put her in the "naughty corner" -thank you Super Nanny- a few times and that seemed to work.  Right now, she is taking a well needed nap with her Daddy.  I just wish I could join them... But knowing my luck, Zachary will wake up right when I lay my head down!

I'm supposed to go to Weight Watchers this evening for weigh-in, but I'm really not hot on the idea.  And tonight my friend Amy is supposed to be joining me, but I'm really not wanting to go.  I know I haven't lost any weight... One because I haven't been following my diet as I should and two because I haven't been excersising either!

I'm just tired of feeling like a fat cow... Ya know?  I know I need to work on it... But there are those tempations- like the new candy bar "Take 5"- that I am having a hard time resisting!  Argh.

Okay, enough Pitty-Party for Jennifer.

Oh yesterday I had a whoopsie with Zach's meds.  I forgot to give him his meds at 2pm when he is supposed to and ended up givingit to him at 430pm!  I can't believe that I did that!!  I didn't knowwhat time I should give it to him again (he is on it 3 times a day, every 8 hours- normally 6am, 2pm and 10pm)... So I called his cardiologists office and asked them.  Thankfully I didn't have to wait 8 hours to give it to him- that would have been at 130am!!- the doctor said to just give it to him an hour later than his normal time!  Whew...

I think I'm going to have to tattoo his times for his meds on my forehead so that I don't forget again! 

Tonight is "Gilmore Girls" and "One Tree Hill"... I think that I'm just going to have soup for dinner and veg out with a bowl of popcorn on the couch.  Sounds good doesn't it?  I don't know when my mom is going to be home- she is out of town- so I don't know if I should plan a real dinner or not.  So, soup will work :)

Oh yes!  I forgot to mention something.  Derek has been bitten by the "moving bug" again!  He has found a house- new custom home- right behind his brother's house in a neighboring town that he wants to go see.  I guess it starts around $479K or something.  I don't know about that prices, but hey, I guess its a pretty nice home.  And because we probably could get around $400K for our house, we could possibly go in there with a pretty good down payment...

Aren't homes expensive here??  I guess thats what we get for living in California!

And speaking of expensive... I was driving to Ro's gym class last night and passed a Chevron.  The Original Unleaded gas- the bottom level gas- was $2.75 a gallon!!!  WTF??  That is just outrageous!

Well, I'm going to run.  I've been rambling on enough for now...

Have a great day!!

::Smiles and Hugs::
~Pickle~

Oh yeah... Go and wish Barbie "A Ticket to Ride" Happy Birthday!!!

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all need days to just stay in our PJ's all day, don't feel bad about it, how often do you do it or even get to! I know plenty of SAHM's (myself included) that just are so busy some days they realize it's noon and not dressed, hair/teeth brushed, etc yet!

Rowan's 3 right? There's something special about that age, and the mood swings. I think about 3 1/2 they really seemed to let up with my little boy. My dh was in Iraq at the sametime, so I can't say how much is "normal" age mood swings and how much was missing his Daddy....but I know it's a normal "phase"...hang in there mom, it gets better!

Christy
http://journals.aol.com/my3gifts/MyWeightLossJourney/

Anonymous said...


Geez! I can't believe the gas is so high! That's one thing I don't mss about Cali. Don't feel bad about not losing weight right away. our babies are the same age and I still have my preggie pouch, it's slowly going down on it's own because i'm waaay too tired to get out and excercise!...Brit
http://journals.aol.co.uk/bfreeman916/LifeAsIKnowIt/

Anonymous said...

Ah Jen don't beat yourself up hon, it's just like that for a while.  ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

Oh My! Wasn't Gilmore Girls great last night?! I love that show!! LOL

Pity Party away Sweetie, that's what we're here for *wink*

Love ya Lots,

((((Pickle))))

Barbie @~>~~~

Anonymous said...

I do the Laundry Song and hang out in my pj's all the time! [Laundry Song is on the sidebar of my journal] I really enjoyed yours!
I actually paid $3.14 for gas in Needles, Ca last week!!!  That is crazy!
Kendra

Anonymous said...

i found yur journal thru small town life= jackie
nice to meet you i am toni from my day of thoughts to you!!
you have a lovely family   don't be embarrassed about being in your pj's there is  alot of days i just stay in mine to clean house...lol...
have  a nice day
toni

Anonymous said...

gotta love Super Nanny....my little one loves that show...especially when the kids are being "very very naughty"!  ;-)  I've read that realestate in sunny CA is astronomical...but here along the jersey shore it's like that too....I could get alot for my house too, but then where to move?  I'd have to pack it up and move to florida, because staying in jersey, would be a lateral move, can't get anything bigger unless ya pay more!  hope it works out for you guys :-)

~  www.jerseygirljournal.com