Monday, July 5, 2004

July 4th Parties!

Happy belated July 4th to all!  Hope all had a wonderful, safe time!  I know we sure did.

On Saturday, we went to my parents house for a pre-4th BBQ.  It was really nice.  We got to see people we hadn't seen in a while and share some stories!  The Princess got to go swimming with her Uncle Boo again and we got some wonderful food!  Mom made BBQ ribs, hamburgers, baked potatoes and there were a bunch of sides... YUM YUM!  Hubby had to work on Gang Detail (again!) so he was only able to stay for a few hours... But the Robo and I didn't leave until almost 9pm.  Then we took the hubby food at the office since he wasn't able to eat before he left.

I was a slacker this weekend though... I totally forgot to take pictures!  Yes, I did have my camera, but I just didn't use it!  Ugh.  I guess I'm still trying to get used to the idea that I need pictures to remember what has happened in our lives ;)

So yesterday was a lazy day!  We didn't leave our house until 4pm to go over to his brother's house for the 4th BBQ.  They funny thing was, we thought we were going to be late, but when we showed up, we were the first ones there! LOL.  Actually, hubby's other brother showed up maybe 2 minutes after us, so thats okay.  The party actually started around the time we did show up.

There was a lot of swimming and a lot of people there.  It was a good time and good time to visit.  I got my baby fix out of seeing our little niece Morgan who turns 1 on July 14th... and other people were actually getting their baby fix from Miss Rowan.  Lol.  I guess, when you want a child of your own, even a 2 year old will do for a fix ;)

I actually got to talk to some ladies that I don't really talk to much or have talked to much.  They are wives of other police officers that the hubby works with.  Actually, they are about the same age as I, so that is a rare thing.  Most of the other wives are older and I rarely have anyone to talk to.... So this was a nice change.

Hubby's brother BBQ'd hot dogs... A nice change also...and then we went into the field behind their house to watch the firework show from the local college.  Pretty nice show, once it got started.

We didn't get home until 11pm last night.  We were sure tired... More the Princess than anything.  Well, I've got a house to clean and a monster to get down for a nap. Hope everyone's weekend was great and their week is just as wonderful!  TTFN

 

 

 

 

No comments: