Monday, October 3, 2005

~Are You Sure It's Monday???~

I feel like it is Monday.

Seriously.  This whole weekend I was screwed up on my days... So when my alarm went off at 5:40 this morning, I was a little out of it.

I wish it wasn't Monday.

I feel like I need more of a break.

Like I almost didn't get enough rest or a long enough break, you guys get what I mean?

This weekend was busy-busy and I only once felt like I was getting a break...

That was Saturday afternoon when I took a nap with my babies...

A TWO HOUR NAP!!!

Can I get a Woo Hoo??

Yep, after we got home from grocery shopping, a trip to Costco and getting lunch, Rowan, Zach and I took a nap while Derek did some work outside.

OMG.  I can tell you that I so needed that nap too.  All morning long (on Saturday) I felt like crap.  I was sick to my stomach and just wasn't feeling like myself.  I didn't want to eat and I didn't want to do anything!  So when the kids started to act tired, I just took them and put them in bed with me and we were out for 2 hours.

Ah, it was bliss.

That was about the only bliss that I got on Saturday :)

The rest of the day was spent chasing around two children... Rowan is the fastest 3 1/2 year old I know and Zach has mastered the army crawl so well that he has become Speedy Gonzalez!!

Chasing and caring for kids while trying to clean isn't the easiest things to do!  Especially when one of your babies isn't feeling up to par and has decided that he wants to cling to you like a baby monkey! 

Yep, Zach has decided that he doesn't like to be put down and never wants to be left alone.

I guess it is the whole seperation anxiety thing that is kicking in.

But I have to say, he did a whole lot better on Sunday with his sleeping thing.

He actually fell to sleep twice on his own yesterday with no problem.  No me rocking him and no having to go back and forth and popping the binky back into his mouth!!

It was nice.

Speaking of yesterday, we had Derek's birthday party.

We just had the family over and bbq'd some tri-tip and had some yummy snack foods.  We watched some football and had cake and cupcakes and ice cream!!

A diet is so calling my name...

Anyways... I'm not going to talk about dieting because I still have birthday cake and cupcakes at home.  I'll think about that when they are gone ;)

But it was nice having everyone over and spending some time with them.  Rowan loves to play with her cousins and boy was she tired last night.  She racked out at 830pm... And she is never asleep that early.  Guess it was good that she didn't have a nap yesterday afternoon!

She was actually so tired this morning that she fell back to sleep on the couch this morning after I left for work.  Derek said he came out to get her dressed and she had crashed out.  Then when he sent her to her room to get dressed she climbed into her bed and got under the covers! 

Poor thing.  I'm sure she'll be taking a good nap after she gets home from school today.

She better too because she has gymnastics tonight.  She needs to go!!  And she doesn't need to be a bear when she is there either... So Derek better make sure she takes a good nap!!

This afternoon I have to go to the DMV (eek!) to pick up my personalized plates for the Tahoe.  I have a 350pm appointment there so I hope I can get in and get out really quickly.  I am sure it will help that I have an appointment.  Now, just to get Derek to put the plates on ;)  I went FOREVER with out plates on my PT because he just didn't feel like putting them on!

Well guys, I need to get a going.

Many things to do.  I feel like a chicken with my head cut off... That or someone that is being pulled in all directions!

Have a great Monday Friends.

::Toodles::
~Pickles~

PS.  My friend Jolene's journal went Private.  She said to let you know that if you had already stopped by and left a comment in her J that you have been added and that if you'd like to be added now, to please leave a comment in my Journal and she'll add you... Give her some time to do this, because she is very busy with her boys ;)  But I just wanted to let you all know!!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I THINK IT WILL BE COOL TO READ IF SHE LETS ME http://journals.aol.com/yaya1/MYTHOUGHTS/ or yaya1@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Whew Baby!!

Hugs and kisses to my "Favorite Family Journal"

*wink*

One guess to what I'm doing right now, hehe

Love ya lots!

Barbie @>----------

Anonymous said...

We sure do learn to appreciate the little things in life, as in a NAP, when the kiddos come along. Especially when you're under the weather. Kids don't quite understand "sick" at that age. So we take 'em when we get 'em. Glad you're feeling better. Maybe this week will fly by for you.

Jimmy

PS. If Jolene doesn't mind, I'd love to be added.

Anonymous said...

Can you ask her to add me!

Anonymous said...

I know all about that separation anxiety thing.  
Autumn is still having it....and it's only gotten
worse.  <sigh>  Maybe one of these days I'll
be able to walk around the house without her
crawling after me looking pitiful.  LOL  

Parker was really tired this morning too.  He
was a bear as I was trying to get him ready
for school.  Luckily, once I got him in the car
and started driving, he perked up.  

Hope your day goes better!

Love,
b

Anonymous said...

aren't naps the best...and please tell me what a tri tip is...i'm sure it's something I've heard with a different name or something...I almost didn't ask this cuz I didn't want to sound goofy...but what the heck...please enlighten me...
hope rowan does well at gymnastics tonight..and yay for little man gettin around by himself...and into things..lol
christie

Anonymous said...

oh btw..can u ask jolene to add me..thanks..
christie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you did have a busy weekend.
I hope that you are feeling better today, that nap sounded good!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Smile, only 4 more days until the weekend! :) That is if youre including today which is pretty much over!
~Tricia

Anonymous said...

Oh man!  You just reminded me I need to get my license renewed by Thursday!

Boo!  Don't like waiting in that line!

Nap?  What's that?  Sounds good to me, though ;)

Plates~ 4 screws and a screwdriver, Babe :)  Kitty doesn't like to wait....

Dad made me a powderpuff mechanic, too ;)

Hope Tuesday finds you on Tuesday....

Cat

PS~ I second-ed that nomination!  ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Derek!  Cake and cupcakes....mmmm!!  You're starving me to death.  :)  Can you please ask Jolene to add me to her journal?  Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Derek!!!!!
Laura

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR HUBBY!!!!!!!!  You are a busy bee aren't you?!  I would hate a weekend like that, don't think I could handle it.  Well, except for the nap part, which you know is my favorite thing to do with my little one.  If one of my kids crawled back into bed like Rowan did I wouldn't have the heart to wake them up.  I am such a softy when it comes to things like that.  I don't think I put Bethany down for her first 2 years of life, she was permanently attached to my hip!
Hugs and love,
Lisa
P.S.:  It's TUESDAY!  ;)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DEREK!!  You and your cupcakes.  I'm blaming you for that craving...lol  With the journal awards, there should have been a catagory along the lines of Journal That Makes You Hungry.  I sooo would have nominated you ;)

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

I hate mondays because that's exactly how I feel every monday! I was so happy that I had this monday off ... I took some vacation time to sit at home on my heiny before christmas season hits! I also needed a monday off because about 2 months ago we started doing full store counts, which I believe comes out to 15 counts! That's a lot of jewelry to be counting in ONE day!

I hope Rowan got plenty of rest and is feeling better now!

Happy birthday Derek!

I hope you get your plates put on quocker than the last time!

I left a comment aslready in Jolene's journal, I would love to continue to read!

Theresa

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so with you on the feel like it is Monday thing.  We had a nap on Saturday afternoon and I never really woke up til almost dark.  The whole day was kinda screwed up from football and cheerleading.  I wish I could go to bed early so I could begin to hear alarms again.  All I seem to hear is hubby's voice.  I must be really tired.  

Yes, cleaning... and watching kids... I try to clean and they mess things up right behind me.  Their rooms are a disaster kinda cleaned up but need bulldozed.  I can't imagine trying to clean again and have little ones.  I must be getting old.  I feel old and my kids are only ages 5-10 but you'd think I was 50 or something.  This new medicine from the doctor should help me feel better soon.  I just want to get my workout back on track and avoid it like the plague.  Something is definitely wrong with me... it's two conflicting things there.  My brain must be tired.  

So glad you got a nap though on Saturday.  Those are the things that pull us through the next week.  Hugs,
Lisa  

Anonymous said...

glad you got your well needed nap!!! now if only you could get one of those a day huh? lol
ttyl hun
<3, em

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good although busy weekend. Zach is definately at that seperation anxiety age, it can be so hard at first when you're used to them not caring so much if you come and go out of a room, or they are willing to happily crawl after you, vs the "DON'T LEAVE ME..I MUST BE ATTACHED TO YOU IN SOME WAY" !LOL That's why I loved my sling! LOL

I left a comment in Jolene's journal, I hope she adds me so I can keep reading! :)

Christy