Friday, October 7, 2005

~Rambling Friday~

You would think because it is Friday, I'd be all excited and have a bunch of stuff to tell you all.

Well, I don't.  Sorry to disappoint you :)

Zachary's Well Baby Check Up went pretty well yesterday afternoon.  He is still weighing in at a good 19lbs and is almost 28 inches long.  The doctor said that his Loosie Goosies were more than likely caused by the antibiotics and because his ears aren't still cleared, she gave him another prescription.  This time for Zithromax (sp?).

She seemed very impressed by how well he is.  Him crawling and having a tooth with another one on the way, she seemed very happy with his progress.

He took his shots like a champ.  Thankfully Rowan was there to distract him after they happened... She made him laugh :)

Unfortunetly, that is where the happiness ends.

A few hours after we were home from the appointment, my mom was giving Zach a bottle of juice.  Well, he didn't seem too interested in it, but was taking sips.  Not 5 mins after he had stopped drinking from the bottle, he threw up.

I really didn't think too much about it.  In fact, I thought of it as more of spitting up than throwing up.  But I was proven wrong because not more than an hour or so later, after a few ounces from a formula bottle, he really threw up.

On me.

All over.

Nice huh??

He also was really lathargic and not acting like himself.  And I'm sure you can guess that I went into panic mode... Oh well.  I don't care. 

He was throwing up and if he couldn't keep him meds down that he had to take later in the evening, he'd have to go to the hospital to get them through an IV.

So, I call the Emergency Number for his doctors office and put in a request for the doctor on call to call us back.  Ironic thing is, his doctor was the doctor on call :)

She called back not 20 mins later and I told her what was up.  She said that more than likely him throwing up had nothing to do with the shots.  That he had probably caught a bug or something.

I told her that I was worried about him and keeping his heart meds down.  She said to not even give him the new antibiotics and to give him fluids via 'eye dropper' every few minutes.  That the main thing was to make sure that he kept his heart meds down.

So, my mom and I gave him apple juice (all I had) every few minutes with an eye dropper and then when it came time to give him his meds, we did it slowly.... Real slowly.

We took about 45 minutes to give him 1.8cc.  We weren't going to take a chance of him throwing it up... And thankfully he didn't.

After that, we went to bed.  He slept really well too until 330 in the morning.  He of course, still having some of the runs, pooped his diaper.  So after I changed him, I gave him some apple juice via dropper.  Well, he was taking to it like he hadn't eaten in a while- which he hadn't- so I thought I'd make him a small bottle.

I made him a 4 ounce bottle and he downed it.  He went to sleep right after and I thought he would be fine.  There I go thinking again...

When Derek got home at 430 that morning, he threw up...

All over the bed.

Thankfully I had a towel down.

Smart move Jenn :)

SO there went that idea that he was doing better.

Okay, to make a long story a little bit shorter... (I know you are glad!!)

He seems to be doing better now.

All morning and afternoon, he was getting apple juice and pedialite by the dropper.  He must of had a good 4-6 ounces.  After our nap (YES!! I got another Nap!!!) I was able to give him his medicine and he kept it down.

So I because he hadn't thrown up all today, I gave him 2 ounces of formula just a little while ago... Maybe an hour ago or so.

So far and with some luck, it hasn't come back up.

But boy, is my boy cranky!!!

One tired little monster and one sore thing too.  You touch his legs where he got his shots and he screams.

I hope that I'll be able to give him some more formula later and keep him from getting too dehydrated.

Wish us luck that we can get him all better... And SOON!! 

And that I don't go insane!!!

I have to watch my nieces tomorrow too.  Plus I have at least 6 loads of laundry to do... OMG.  Am I crazy or what????

I hope each and everyone of you have a wonderful Friday!!!

::loves and hugs::
~Pickles~

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww poor lil' Zach....i hope he feels better soon...
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Aww poor little boy. Hope he gets better for you soon. Maybe your nieces will help you with him tommorow. 8)

Anonymous said...

(((((( Baby ))))))

I'm kinda freaking! I'm so so sorry. I wish I were there : (

(((((( Big Hugs ))))))

Barbie @>---------
ps: That's me!!!....

Anonymous said...

AWW. I hope Zac starts feeling better soon. I know it sucks to have a sick baby.
Good move on the towel in the bed. :0)

***Monica
http://journals.aol.com/chseroo/LivingLifeandLovinit

Anonymous said...

Awww ... I'm sorry to hear that Zach is not feeling better yet! I hope that he gets better soon! Good luck with your bug day tomorrow!

Theresa

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jenn, I'm so sorry that Z is sicky. Gee, poor little guy. I definitely know panic mode, and it's a good thing sometimes. You can never be too safe with these little babies.
I wish you a good weekend, and that Z's bug is only here for a short visit.
Love Ya

Anonymous said...

My gosh, girl.  You've certainly got your hands full.  
Just keep an eye on the injection sites...make sure
they aren't red or hot.  I'd hate for him to have a
reaction to them.  Poor little guy...he isn't having an
easy autumn at all.  

Hope things get better soon, Jenn.  All this sickness
must be driving you bonkers.  I know I would be.  <grin>

Love,
b

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart Pickle!  You need a vacation!
Poor little Zach.  I hope he feels better soon!
Love ya,
Connie

Anonymous said...

How old are your nieces?

Anonymous said...

the poor little lamb.  hope he will be ok.

Anonymous said...

Poor little Zachy!!!  I bet he picked up a bug at the darned doctor's offices!  Hate taking my kids there for that main reason.  I never heard of giving the child fluids by dropper, but hey, whatever works right?!  Hopefully the Zithromax will work better for him.  
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like your plate is full.

Gabreael

http://journals.aol.com/gabreaelinfo/GabreaelsBodyMindSpiritJournal/

Anonymous said...

So sorry little one isn't feeling well. I hope he gets better soon.  Also, call in reinforcements for the nieces and laundry. LOL

Hope you get some rest soon too.

-Raven

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Zach and I hope he is feeling better soon.  I will keep you and baby in my prayers.  Poor little guy.  It's so hard when they are little like this and so hard on mommy too.  If he keeps throwing up though I'd call that doctor back again.  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

oh no!!!!
I don't want to hear that Zach is still sickand now sicker!
I want to hear all better tomorrow when I come home from work, okay?
I'm sorry, jenn. You need a break here like now!
Hugs
Laura

Anonymous said...

Oh, you poor thing!  It's so hard when the little ones are sick.  Especially the REALLY little ones who cannot talk or run to the toilet or the bucket themselves.  What a hard age.   And you hve two extra kids today?  UGH.  Well, if they are older, maybe they can keep the baby occupied.  Maybe they can keep your daughter occupied.  Hopefully they can keep SOMEONE occupied...as long as it's not you!!!  (LOL!!)
Good luck and keep us posted.
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

I would have gone into panic mode too, Jennifer.  You guys have been through a lot with your little man.  I sure hope he gets to feeling better VERY soon!  

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

aw i hope zach is doing better ttyl!!! <3. emily

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness :( Sorry to hear about this. Poor thing
~Tricia