Thursday, October 13, 2005

~Smiles Do Wonders~

Sometimes, the smiles of your little ones can do your heart wonders.

As I walked into my home this afternoon, I was greeted by my father who was holding my little man- whom just happened to be playing "peek-a-boo" behind the front door, with the help of his Grandpa.

His giggling instantly lifted my spirits.

Funny how that is.

Then Rowan was "nowhere to be found" so I had to follow her giggles to find her.  Of course she was in plain sight, but I had to play along.

When "Mommy Mommy Mommy" was sung out, another weight seemed to be lifted from my funky mood.

I'm trying my darndest to get out of this funk.

I don't know why I'm in it and I keep telling myself that I need to get out of it... And slowly I am... But it is a bit hard.

This evening I've spent on the couch watching all my shows that I had DVR'd this past week.

I'm down "Las Vegas"- can you say Yummy boys- and now "Medium".  I have three days worth of "Days of Our Lives" and "Nip/Tuck" and a few others to catch up on.

I don't think I'll finish watching them this evening, but for sure tomorrow.

I just finished a yummy snack/dinner of a turkey sandwich with whole greek peppers.  Oh those things are my favorite right now!!  I even had some with my lunch today, which happened to be a Ceasar Salad.

Weird huh?

Oh well.  I guess everyone has some funky cravings sometimes...

And quit while you are ahead... I'm not preggo ;)

Well, Zach just finished a half of a jar of each Spring Garden Vegetables and Organic Peaches (Gerber's Tender Harvest).  Last night he had Pasta Primavera and Apple Strawberry for dessert.  Let me tell you, this boy is liking his food!!

But he is cranky now.  Wanting out of the high chair and I have a messy food face boy to clean.  Guess I better do that and tell Rowan to stop throwing carrots to the dog... Weirdo child she is :D

Have a wonderful Thursday evening...
~Pickles~

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad they brightened your day =)
Hehehe@ Rowan throwin carrots to the dog....
Have a great weekend...
Hugss...~Terri~

Anonymous said...

my kids do the same for me...always right there when you need em..
I take it rowan doesn't like carrots...hope  you got that bath you were
gonna take...
christie

Anonymous said...

Does the dog eat the carrots?  Our cat loves little pieces of bolony or turkey...  that dinner and lunch sounds so healthy that you had... we had subway and mine was turkey.  I'm trying to stick to lowfat stuff.  It's hard sometimes.  I need my workout darn it.  I have to get out of this funk too.  Maybe I just need a new career.  Glad the kids are cheering you up.  Those are the best moments.!! Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Kids have the most amazing abilities sometimes. Cheering Mommy up and making her crazy in the long run is one of them. Okay...Okay...so driving mom nuts was MY special talent growing up HEHEHEHE.

We need to gab about Nip/Tuck sometime soon. Let you get caught up and we'll chat. I have my own idea as to who the Carver is. We'll brainstorm together and see if we can't unmask him before they do eh?

Hope the rest of your night is peaceful and carefree. {{{HUGS}}}

-Raven

Anonymous said...

Your dad sounds wonderful with your kids.  Nothing sounds better than the laughter of children.  You are very blessed.
I think this time of year puts us in a down mood sometimes.
Hope you feel better....

Anonymous said...

a smile is so healing.....even better when it's our babies!
I was thinking about you hun. You sound low and you have been great perking me up when I am low. I need to fix my schedule (working every Friday lately) so we can get together and just dish.
In the meanitme, hugs for you!
Laura

Anonymous said...

Children are wonderful at cheering us up when we are low.By the way your journal writing is fantastic.i look forward to seeing alert entrys from you.you and your family sound very loving and warm hearted people.I would have treated you to a large bar of choccy to cheer you up if i lived nearer to you,but as i live in the UK you will have to get it your self lol.Hope you feel in better spirits soon. Take care. x

Anonymous said...

Glad youre feeling better :)
~Tricia
ps sorry if I was wrong about that assumption I made in my last comment. I wasnt sure if thats why you were feeling blue or not.

Anonymous said...

awww...my doggie loves carrots too...shes in indiana though .... i miss her
ttyl hun i hope you crawl out of the slump soon!
<3, em

Anonymous said...

I don't have any kids, but  if I'm in a bad mood at work and I see a little kid just prancing the mall, I'll stop and look over and just smile and I feel better! Kids do amazing things! I hope you feel better soon!

Theresa

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your littles ones lifted your spirits!  They have a way of doing that :)

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your smiles....

(((((Pickle))))))

I love you,

Barbie @>--------

Anonymous said...

Funny how somedays that "mommy mommy mommy" just grates your nerves and then other days, it makes you feel on top of the world happy....

I love Nip/tuck also. The son on there was born in my hometown!! Just a little trivia there. Him and Nick Lachey are the only two born here that are famous. LOL.. I am full of useless knowledge. I thought I'd share some of it. LMAO!

***Monica

Anonymous said...

Is Zach already feeding himself?  If so, lucky you!!!!  <grin>
I thought those baby food names sounded familiar!  We used to
buy them for Parker.  Unfortunately, we do most of our grocery
shopping these days at the Super Wal-Mart which is literally about 2
minutes away.  I don't think they carry the Tender Harvest.  I need
to look in different stores though...Parker always favored it, and I'd
completley forgotten about it.  

And you're right...baby's giggles can lighten your mood.  

By the way, what station and what night/time is Nip/Tuck on?  I've
always wanted to watche that show, but never have.  

Love,
b