Tuesday, October 18, 2005

~Nothing Coming to Me~

Morning All.

 

Thought I'd stop in for a quick update.

Still don't have much coming to me in regards to doing real good entries and keeping you all entertained :)

 

I am having a hard time believing that it is only Tuesday.  I feel like I've been on the go now for about a week and a half.  I am also so tired that I'm having a hard time getting up in the mornings.  I literally hit my Snooze button a good 2-3 times every morning.

The kids have been sleeping well at night.  Finally back in their own beds... So I can't blame it on that.  I just think I'm worn thin.  Who knows.

All I know is that I can't wait for the weekend!!

 

Anywho.

 

Zach's cardiologist appointment went well yesterday afternoon despite the fact that I was there for TWO HOURS!!!! 

Yes, I said Two Hours.

See, our appointment was at 230pm.  We were in a room by 240pm and at 330pm, when neither the doctor or the nurse had stuck their head in the door, I finally was ticked enough to go out and ask if it would be much longer!!

I was told that there had been an emergency and that it shouldn't be too much longer before he came in.  I waited another 10 mins before he did come in.

The way the appointments go is this... The nurse takes us in, weighs and measures Zach.  Then the doctor comes in and listens to his heart, takes his blood pressure and just asks how he is doing.  The doctor then leaves and the nurse comes back in to do a 12-point lead EKG.  Once that is done, the doctor looks at that and then comes back in...

From beginning until end at the appointment was two hours >(

The doctor said Zach is looking good though.  He does still have a pretty good murmur but he seems confident that he'll grow out of it... If he doesn't though, it won't be such a big issue to worry about.  There will be nothing we can do about it.  It isn't bad enough to take action against it...

So, we go back in December.  We'll take pictures (sonogram) of his heart and do more EKG's.  Hopefully by then we'll have a good idea of where we'll be in the next 6 months in regards to him and being off his meds.

Keep your fingers crossed for us!!

 

::Yawn::

 

I've got bad news about the pictures, guys.

I tried to take pictures of them this morning, but they weren't coming out well enough to want to post them on here.

I will have to try to scan them on my printer/scanner/copier at home.  It is really difficult to use though... So please don't be mad that I haven't done it yet ;)

I do want to share them... I promise.

 

:D

Speaking of the kiddos. 

Zach has two teeth now.  They are both up passed the gums and big and white.  He is also is Cruising... He will pull himself up on anything-mainly the coffee table- and will be on the go!  The other day he stood up on a box of diapers and pushed/walked it all over the living room (we have pergo flooring).   I can see it now, he'll be walking by 9 1/2 months!

Eeek.

Rowan is also doing really well.  She is almost 4 but acts a whole lot older.  Sometimes I need to remind her that I'm the mom, not her :)  I guess my mom was right.  What you do wrong comes back to haunt ya three times fold :X

 

In other news...

 

I've got many a-things going on today.

Our house is getting painted today and Rowan has dance.

Yippee... Dance.... Wasted time :X  I think I will mention/ask what is going on to the "directors" or the people who work at the front desk.  It all depends on how irritated I get though :) lol.  I'm not much on confirtation, so I don't know...

 

I'm such a sissy sometimes...

 

Well guys, I must be off.  I hope ya'll have a great day.

 

::toodles::
~Pickles~

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I'm just out blog hopping today and came up on your blog. And I read your post about your son. My daughter is 4 1/2 years old and she had a "murmur" from the time she was born and still does they told me that at 2 years old that it should have closed up but it never did. So Feb 17, 2005 we had to go in and have it closed. And it was the best thing that happen to my daughter she is back to her self. If you want to know more on how it went for my daughter your welcome to email me or stop by my blog as well. They did the EKG and the U/S on her heart and it was hard to see my baby go through that  but I'm glad she is taking care of now. My prayers go out to you and your son. Because I know what your going through with him on the heart.

Take Care - Heather

My email address is - cutelittlebug@sbcglobal.net
My blog - http://cutelittledolphin23.bravejournal.com/

Anonymous said...

Aw! 2 teeth and tryin to walk already huh?  I bet you are thinking time is flying faster than I and I still cannot believe it at times....!  Glad to hear he's doing well!  Tell rowan to have fun at dance....hopefully you can get some pictures in here for us soon! haha
ttyl hun
<3,emily

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad Zach is okay... but sorry about the 2 hour wait!  That had to suck.  

I knew he is going to walk early.... can't be helped when an older sibling is running around ;)   Cool for the 2 teeth, too!  I like it when they get all their teeth together... it's a lot less painful and goes very fast :)

Glad the kiddos are sleeping in their beds again... hope you get some rest soon!

Cat

Anonymous said...

glad to hear that Zack is doing well...my Jonathon (13) has a murmuur and an enlarged heart and exercise induced asthma so I can feel ya...they didn't find Jonathons till he was five though...
I am still reminding Kellie that I'm the Mama...she is almost 18 years old...sadly, I doubt it will get much easier with little Ro...
hugs..
christie

Anonymous said...

Good news about Zach-man! Perhaps he will join that small, exclusive club of those with functional murmurs.....I have one, Bill has one, Abby has one.....not just "anyone" can join you know!    LOL
Jodie walked right before she turned 9 months....broke my heart.....but all the same it is cool to see our kids achieve milestones like this.
So Ro-is becoming something else, eh? I feel like I cursed you talking about Holly.....they dop grow up to be remarkable people, I promise.
Have fun with the painting.....we're almost done with the livingroom here.....the red is sooo cool. You WILL see it someday!
The sleep deprivation I am dealing with too and my kids sleep through (they better!). At least we have falling back Daylight Savings. Getting that hour back always seems to help me.
Hugs!
Laura

Anonymous said...

When kids are as young as Rowan, dance classes can seem like a big waste of time.  This is why I waited until Bethany was at least 6 years old before I put her in.  Maybe you can look into another school for her?  Just a thought.  HOORAY on Zachary's cardio appointment.  PHEW!  Everytime you bring him to one that's what I say . . . PHEW!  You lucky dog getting your house painted!!!  Good for you!
Love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Sometimes we get writers block. Its like we have many things to say, but it doesn't come out. It will come back to you. I'm glad to hear that things are good with Zach. Best wishes.
Elisa

Anonymous said...

I was in the Dr's office from 145 until 430 last week and most of it was because I was waiting to see the Dr, I only actually was in the prescense of him for about 10 mins, so I totally feel your frustration.
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry i'm just now posting .... I got 3 days behind, so I have like 30 new entries to read all today! And I'm not such a fast reader! :)

I'm glad to hear that Zach's appt. went good, even thought it was long!

Can't wait to see the pics.

Theresa

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn!  I'm soooo far behind, but I'm trying to catch up on journals.  Slowly, but surely.  I'm glad Zach's appointment went well for you guys.  It sucks that he has a murmur, ut atleast you guys know about it and it's under control with medication.

Luv~Heather