Wednesday, October 5, 2005

~The Double Edged Sword~

No, I'm not really talking about a real sword people.

I'm talking about antibiotics.

They are a wonderful thing, you know.  They get rid of the infection that is attacking your body and making you feel ill...

But they can also make you feel ill too!

Like my poor Zachary.  He is still on antibiotics for his ear infection and the poor boy has gone poo at least 4 times every day for the last few days!

It isn't normal poo either... Can you say Loosie Goosies??  Yeah, poor thing.  His booty is so red... I've been smacking on the diaper cream thick!

The poor thing woke up last night again with a diaper full of stinkies... But that wasn't the worst part.  He had leaked.  All up his back and on his favorite yellow silky blanket.

So at 345 this morning, I had to change his stinky diaper and change his stinky clothes.  Luckily, he had been laying on his yellow blanket, so I didn't have to change his sheets.

By the time I did all that and then fed him, I didn't get back into bed until about 415... And my eyes probably didn't stay shut until 445 or so!  So you know that 545 came way too soon for me!!!

So, point to the story... I feel bad for my little baby boy!!!  His butt is on fire ;)

Anyways, enough about my son and his loosie goosies.

Miss Rowan's dance class went well last night.  She seemed to have such a great time.  Derek and Zach went with us and we all enjoyed watching her.  She tries so hard too!

I have to admit though, I am a little disappointed with the class.  Well, not the class, but the "teachers".  I know they are young and probably teaching the class to get their classes in return, but they should be interested in teaching the little ones.

The whole time they were doing ballet, they practically had the kids goofing off.  They didn't practice their stance or their points or anything.  Most of the time was spent playing a game where they would "dance" around and then when the music stopped, they had to freeze.  They also spent a lot of time trying to get a little girl up off the floor. 

This little girl did not want to get up off the floor.  She would slide around on her butt and then lay on her belly and what not.  They wouldn't begin anything until she got up off the floor!!  So they wasted a good 10 mins (total) of the class trying to get this girl up off the floor!

Can you see why I was frustrated? 

Oh well.  Rowan enjoys it and if she stops seeming like she does, then I will take her out of it.  But I did get her picture before she went out.  And because I am such a dodo head, I forgot my memory card at home... So that means I can't upload the pictures to share!!

Sorry... Tomorrow, I promise!!!

I want to thank Nae for my wonderful side-bar graphic... Isn't it too cute??  You can visit her graphic J here >>> Made by Nae <<<

Well, I am off to go do some car seat shopping on line.  I need to find new ones for both Zach and Rowan.  Zach is almost 20lbs and that is the cut off for the carrier seats while Rowan just seems way too big for her seat.  Anyone have any preferences???

Have a great Wednesday people!!

::Hugs and Kisses::
~Pickles~

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember those diaper rashes from the antibiotics too!  And the loosie goosie diapers of all colors.  Poor Zach.  Hope he feels better real soon.  I'm out of touch with car seats though now.  I know I found a good "bigger child" seat that comes over the lap at Walmart for a reasonable amount of money though.  
Lisa

Anonymous said...

have you ever tried Balmex for their red hiney's???sometimes it works better than desitin and the others...
christie

Anonymous said...

I found your journal recently and I am lovin it! I went back last night and read through your old entries. I was up wayyy too late doing that! LOL.. I have put you on my alerts. So I will be back.
***Monica
http://journals.aol.com/chseroo/LivingLifeandLovinit

Anonymous said...

Balmex is the stuff for diaper rashes ... I don't have any kids but I worked in a day care in the one year old room for over a year and a few of my parents used Balmex! I think it works better than Desitin! One parent loved it so much that she had us put it on everyday whether they had a rash of not! I sure do hope that Zach is feeling better soon!

Theresa

Anonymous said...

I would call  the dr he can call in something for poor little zach.
I can't wait to see pics.
I think hubby needs a turn getting up at nite.  you deserve a break.

Anonymous said...

This brought back memories of being up in the night with my babies (still happens occasionally) - you must be exhausted!
Tilly X
http://journals.aol.co.uk/tillysweetchops/Adventuresofadesperatelyfathouse/

Anonymous said...

Poor Zachary, I hope he feels better soon!! I love your journal and would love to keep reading Jolene's, if you could let her know to add me on the list!!

Traci

Anonymous said...

Whens Zach off the antibiotics? Man, that really stinks! <Pun intended>

I hope he gets better soon!!!!!

Cant wait to see the pics of Rowan :)
~Tricia

Anonymous said...

Poor Wacky Zachy!!  Those antibiotics are terrible to the stomach at times.  But, they work for the infection at least!  Give him a smoochy from me.
Hugs and love,
Lisa who got interrupted by Emma as I was typing this and forgot what I was gonn say.  UGGGHHH!

Anonymous said...

Poor Baby's bottom!  We got that bug at daycare... and only 1 parent has taken their toddler to a doctor!  One boy went 4 times today, all just watery....  I can't stand that there is nothing we can do...  we can't make them go to the doctor.

Hope Zach gets over it soon :)

At Grace's dance class, the teacher has cds from popular kid shows with the dance steps dubbed into them.  They use props like pom poms, snowflakes, blue of blues clues..etc..  So, it is fun for the kids.  The teacher also says the name of each step with the cd.  This is mostly a 2-3 class.  Grace is older, but she needed it ;)

The teacher also never makes a child do it.  If one is laying on the floor she will only move them, or try to, when they might get hurt.  Grace did that a lot last time because it was at her nap time... lol..  The teacher allows the kids to run back and forth to their parents, too.

I used to get mad that she did not make them do things, be strict at least!  Now, I know her approach is better :)  Maybe at Ro's school, they do it just to get the kids comfortable in the beginning....

Anyway, hope the boy get feeling well and you have a good tomorrow :)

Cat



Anonymous said...

I hope everything is back to normal soon for you and Zach both.
I wouldn't stress too much over the dance class. As long as the kids are having fun, there's no other point is there?
Keep taking the adorable pictures and everything else will work itself out.

-Raven

Anonymous said...

You're exactly right about the double edged sword.  Poor Zach.  I hope his little bottom gets cleared up REAL soon.  Ohhhh I just thought of something.  Put on a creamy type of diaper rash cream and sprinkle Gold Bond powder over the top of that....works like magic.  It will clear up in a matter of 1-2 hours.  Casey would get it on her butt to the point where she would bleed when she took antibiotics...this did the trick.  Let me know how it works for him if you try it.  My neighbor tried it after I told her and she said it worked great for her little one too ;)

Can't wait to see a picture of Rowan in her dance outfit!

Luv~Heather



Anonymous said...

I sure hope that Zach gets 100 percent better soon. I hate antibotics for that reason.
I can't wait to see Rowan in her dancing clothes!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Poor boobah!

Balmex...lots of it.  Lots of fluids too.  Gotta flush those antibiotics out!

I always have issues with every dance school my kids have ever attended.  I've just come to the conclusion that I'll never be satisfied with anyone elses ways LMAO!