Monday, October 24, 2005

~A Little Rundown~

I didn't realize how many days I didn't post here in the Pickle Journal until today...

Its been a few days and really, its been a few days since I've done a Real Perky Pickle Entry :)

 

So, what has been going on in the Pickle Jar, you ask?  Well... Let me tell you.

 

Last week, the inside of our house was painted.  If you look at the pictures in the previous entry, where Zachary is standing up at the door, you'll notice the Arizona Tan.  That color is all in the frontroom/dinning room/hallway.  I will take some pictures today after I get home to share tomorrow.  The colors are so rich and they truly make the house feel warm and inviting.  The wonders paint does to your home, I swear.  I will never again have White Walls.

Now, we only have our den, our room and bathroom, and Zach's room to paint to complete our house.  Those will probably be done by Derek and I... And I have no idea what colors we'll do either.  I go back and forth a lot with a light celery green in our room with a cream color in our bathroom.  But I am not too sure that Derek is too hot on those colors.  Although, he now does like color in our house...

I really want to do Zachary's room in blue camo.  I thought it would be cute to have a real "BOYS ROOM"... But I'm not sure if I have the patience to sit there and tape off all those different sections to do that.  I'm really not that talented either... lol.

And our den... Shoot, that is a whole other story.  Derek and I originally talked about that being a "pub" and doing Guiness colors (creamy yellow and black) but then he goes and changes his mind :X  Boys... So frustrating!

 

Hmm, what else has been going on??

 

Friday my mom and I went and got our hair done.  I really chopped into mine.  It was getting so out of control and heavy that I couldn't do anything with it.  It was permantely stuck in a "messy bun" at the back of my head.  Not fun.  So, I had her cut bunches of layers into it and make it lighter... Now I'm able to scrunch it up real good :)  Nice and Wild... Just how I like it ;)

Friday I also went to the local floral supply store to pick up red silk favor bags.  I had to put together favors for the bridal shower that is this next weekend...

Oh, did I mention that I'm in yet another wedding?? 

Well, I am.  Thankfully, the Maid of Honor is very stubborn and doesn't want much help.  Oh well.  Her loss.  I'll do as I am told and that is it... Nothing more.

So, I made 48 favor bags filled with Hersey Kisses.  I thought that was a pretty good idea for a bridal shower favor, but the MOH had other ideas... Ideas that I quickly SHUT DOWN. 

:)  I'm so evil...

 

Saturday night I went out with my friends Amy and Christie.  We didn't do or accomplish much.  Dinner at Applebee's and that is about it.  None of us wanted to go to a really late movie and there wasn't anything else going on, so I was home by 10pm.

The life and times of a married woman... Fun and exciting I tell ya ;)

 

Sunday morning the kiddos and I went with my friend Megan to the Pumpkin Patch.  But this pumkin patch isn't your normal pumpkin patch... Dell Osso farms in Lathrop, Ca. has this wonderful place with a Giant Corn Maze and tons of activities to do... It was fun and Rowan had a good time... Except for when we went into the Haunted House and she said "I want out I want out" the whole time.  Good thing Megan held her the entire time in there :)

Here are some pictures of our adventure at Dell Osso farms... Geeze, I'm full of Pictures today!!!
   PumpkinMaze.jpg
Rowan at the end of the Pumpkin Maze... The Pumpkin Maze is really corn stalks cut into the shape of a Pumpkin :)
   RowaninJumpHouse.jpg
Rowan in the Castle Jump House... They had this whole little section for the kids with two jump houses and other things.  She had a real good time in there :)
   RowaninSunFlower.jpg
My Silly Girl... Hamming it up for her Auntie Megan :)
   ZandMommy.jpg
Zachary hanging out in the front pouch... I like to call it the Kangaroo Pouch... I on the other hand was caught in the picture... Eww :P
   Zhangingout.jpg
Here is another picture of my cutie-patootie boy... I am, thankfully, not in the picture this time :D

 

So, we had a good time there... I am sure we'll go back next year too.  I can't wait for Zach to really experience Halloween. 

 

Tonight Rowan has gymnastics!!  It should be fun because they all get to come dressed up in their Halloween costumes to take pictures and pass out candy to each other in the first part of class.  So, you know I'll have MORE pictures tomorrow.  lol.

I am also going to have to make a stop at Target.  I have Taxables that I need to get and stuff for Ro's gymanstic goodie bags.  Lets hope that I don't break any babyfood jars this time :)

 

Okay, that is pretty much it.  Life has been good in the Pickle Jar... Now I'm just waiting for nights that I can sleep all night long :)

 

Gotta run!

~Pickles~

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you have been pretty busy! The farm and corn maze sounds like fun, we don't have much stuff like that in SC, and you would think that we would. Make sure you take pictures of Rowan in her costume before gymnastics!!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for more pics, weeeeee.......

Get some ZZZZ Girlfriend! -I know you would if ya could :p:::::

*wink*

There's my big boy! *wink* I'm so crushin on that boy's fuzz top, hehe. Looks like it's gunna be dark mama, too precious.

Have a good one. Love you,

Barbie @>-------
ps, you got big bazoombas in that pic. :o hehehe......

Anonymous said...

Love those pictures!!  Zach looks like he is having fun exploring his world!!  I would love to get my hair cut !  We painted a few rooms last year and it was a really good thing for us too.  Much warmer now.  I did our family room in butter cream gold on just one wall and the breakfast room is now nutmeg brown and I just love it.  We painted Courtney's room bright cheerful yellow and stenciled stuff in the kitchen and her room.  It's not all done though... I have plans for the rest of the house.  Lol!!  Always churning.  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

those kids are growing so fast..and you look nice too:)
I love the pics..
Cassie

Anonymous said...

Busy busy busy little bee! It sounds like you've been having loads of fun too! Hva efun painting! :) Thanks for sharing more pictures too ... as Jim Carrey siad in "Bruce Almighty" .... B-E-A-U-TIFUL! :) I love that movie! So I couldn't resist that sentence!

Theresa

Anonymous said...

YAY! Pickle-Jenn is back. Loved hearing about your busy times, and good for you, sticking to your guns with the favors.

Oh, and, is it too much to ask that MOM sometimes gets in the pictures with them kiddos? Is it?


Ya look great. We can see where the kids get it from!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

LOL...good luck in that baby isle!!! love the pictures!!! kids are too cute!
ttyl
<3, emily

Anonymous said...

just a stone' throw from my house and does jenn stop by? Noooooo!!
LOL Looks like fun!
I am so bummed, with the kids' crazy schedules and work we have not gotten out to Del Osos to do the maze. last year we had so much fun with it.
Pics look great.
Laura

Anonymous said...

Uh-oh, Target again huh?  What was the damage this time?  LOL!  I know how much you love that store.  I bet the house looks great with a fresh coat of paint, it always brightens things up.  I know what it's like to have heavy hair and finally cut it in layers.  Ahhhhh, heaven!  Great pictures as ALWAYS!  :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

WOW I LOVE THE PICTURES UR KIDS LOOK JUST LIKE U

Anonymous said...

That place looks like so much fun!!
***Monica

Anonymous said...

You have beautiful kids 8)

Anonymous said...

What if you did just ONE wall of Zach's room in the blue camo? and painted the other 3 walls with the colors used in the one wall? like  Blue camo usually has a few shades of blue and a shade of gray in it, so do the other 3 walls each a diff shade of blue.  And what if you skip taping everything off and instead of a true camo effect, just did a rag or sponge effect with those colors?  they have kits with instructional videotapes...  anybutt, just some ideas. kids are adorable as always.  Hugs, Liz

Anonymous said...

I think it would be so much fun to paint...I'd have the most fun choosing the colors though.  I'm really into autumnal colors...dark reds, burnt oranges, golds, taupes...that kind of thing.  And of course...green is my favorite color.  

And Jenn, I think you look pretty darn cute in that picture!!  

XO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

I missed taking Casey to the pumpkin patch this year.  Heck, we didn't even have time to get her a pumpkin :(

Love the color of your walls!  I can't stand white walls either.  

Luv~Heather