Thursday, October 27, 2005

~Hello Hello~

Hello again...

Just wanted to let you all know that everyone is alive and well in the Pickle Family :)

Some of us are Tired... But we are well.

 

Rowan on the other hand is still not feeling too good.

She hasn't thrown up since 130 this morning, but still feels like she is going to.  She will put her head over the pot (we use a big ol' cooking pot instead of a bowl or something else) and cough and groan... But no throwing up.

Last night she slept pretty well though.  I was suprised she wasn't up more... But I am thankful that she wasn't :)

I ended up calling the doctors office yesterday evening to see if there was anything I could do to help her keep the liquid down... They told me that they wanted to see her, since she had been throwing up for so long and not being able to hold anything down.

Rowan made it all the way there with out throwing up.  She got into the room and I saw the look in her eyes and I just knew she was going to throw up.  The nurse got me a bowl and good thing she did... Poor Rowan.  She seemed so embarrassed.

We ended up being at the doctors office for a good hour.  The doctor wanted to make sure Rowan's bowels were moving, because when she listened to her stomach, she said it was really quiet.  Almost too quiet.  So she made Rowan drink a few sips of water and then she came back to check her.

She heard some movement, so we were able to go home...

On the way home, Rowan threw up in the car :(

Luckily, it was right at the exit we take to go home... So I just pulled over, let her finish and I cleaned up up and we were on our way.  The poor thing apologized a good two times... Telling me she was sorry for throwing up in the car.

Good thing I had put towels down on the car and her... And that it was just water coming up... Nothing else.  Ewww...

I just hope by this afternoon she'll be able to take some applesauce or toast.  The poor girl has already lost a pound!!  And it isn't like she weighs a whole heck of a lot either!!

 

But you wanna know what I really hope???

 

I hope this doesn't pass to Zachary... The poor little man will have no chance with keeping anything down.  And if he can't keep his meds down, that means another trip to the hospital.  And we So Don't Want That!!

 

But anyways... Enough on the sickies at the Pickle Jar...

 

I am so ready for the weekend, although I am sure it isn't going to be as quiet as I'd like.

I don't know if I'm working tomorrow or not.  Because I called in yesterday, my SIL had to come in and work.  So if she wants tomorrow off, I'll work for her... But that is still up in the air.  Yet if I work, that means I won't have my "normal" weekend.

Plus on Saturday I have that bridal shower for my friend.  I hope it turns out okay... Since I really don't know what is planned and haven't been asked to do anything else, I'm just going to sit back and watch how it plays out :)  How evil am I???

Oh yes, that is right... Pretty damned Evil.

Oh well...

Sunday will be our quiet day for sure.  I was planning on taking the kids to a local church (where my friend teaches preschool) to their Harvest Festival... But I'm not sure if Ro (or I) will be up to it.  I guess we'll just have to see.

 

Alright people... I've got a bunch of stuff to do today.  Its amazing what piles up when you are gone for just one day!!

Have a great Thursday...
~Pickle~

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, hopefully the worst of it is over and she can keep some food down today.  SHe's gotta be beat...you too!

Anonymous said...

Try a little gingerale and popcicles.  I wonder if she has food posioning?
Has any other kids been sick? Poor little thing, she is such a little lady and being so brave. Being embarrased when it is sick, that breaks my heart.
Tell her not to worry we all have been sick like that before there is nothing to be sorry about.  I hope and pray she is better soon.

Anonymous said...

aww Poor Rowan, has had her fair share of the sickies this month! Hang in there!
Hope all is well soon!
Love ya
Tricia

Anonymous said...

Well I hope that bug, whatever it was, spares the rest of you. Sounded awful!

Have a great day, and I hope you get tomorrow off!


Jimmy

Anonymous said...

hope rowan feels well again soon!!!
take care
<3, emily

Anonymous said...

Aww i hope she feels better soon. Good thing you took her to the dr. just to check it out.

Anonymous said...

I too am wondering when AOL will add Tired as an option...hehe
I hope poor lil Rowan feels better soon....i feel so bad for her
Hope you have a good weekend....
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

First of all I hope Rowan gets to feeling better soon, and that Zachary doesn't come down with it.  Sometimes it's so hard to keep people living in the same house from catching all those icky bugs that go around.  Hope it bypasses him!

Thinking good healthy thoughts for you and your Pickle house! :)

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Poor Rowan!!  I feel so bad for her!  Don't worry too much about her not getting anything in there, even little sips of water help a great deal.  Did the doc check her for dehydration at least?!  That's the thing you really have to watch for.  I hope by tomorrow she is feeling at least a bit better.
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Awww, poor little Rowan - she has been through so much!  Hope she gets better very soon, and maybe you can get caught up on your sleep!  Hope your weekend is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

AWW, I hope Rowan feels better soon! I know you need the rest! I hope your weekend turns out fabolous! :)

Theresa

Anonymous said...

Yes...you're absolutely right.  I certainly hope little Zach-man doesn't get this horrible virus either.  I feel so bad for Rowen.  

I wish there was something I could do!!  

XO,
bridgett

p.s.  I just commented on all the entries I was behind on...so you have a bunch of new comments.  =)

Anonymous said...

aw poor Ro! I hate to throw up so I feel for her. I hope it goes away quickly.
hugs
laura

Anonymous said...

My oldest had the same sort of stomach virus when she was younger and I remember the Dr telling me to give her 1 bite of a cracker and 1 tablespoon of water every 20 minutes to make sure she wouldn't dehydrate.  She said to have the cracker first because they need a little something in their stomach to absorb the liquid and if they have been throwing up so long, there's definitely nothing left down there.  She was able to keep water down this was and we didn't have to go to the hospital for an IV.  Hope your little one is feeling better soon and I PRAY Zach doesn't get it!
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

I am glad that they were able to hear Ro's bowels. Bless her heart, she sounds so pitiful. I hope that Zach doesn't get it either, or anyone else in the pickle jar!
hugs,
Kathi