Friday, August 13, 2004

Oh La-De-Da....

Well, it has been a couple of days since my last entry.  Our work lost all ability to use phones (no calls going in or out) and Internet access... Due to our T-1 line being down.  So, we were with out phones and Internet from Wednesday afternoon until late Thursday evening... Can you imagine how boring a place can be when nothing is going through... No calls.  No ability to check email or play on line?  Man, was I having AOL withdrawls!!

Okay, I'm going to try to do a quick update... Don't kill me if it takes forever though.

Wednesday Rowan spent the day at her Nana's.  Her cousin who is off of school right now was also there.  So, the hubby took her over there in the morning to have breakfast while he went to do some shopping for clothes... He will be leaving for a school in the next few days and needed some extra shoes and a belt...

Anywho... So, Rowan ended up spending the whole day there at her Nana's.  She really enjoyed herself too.  Homemade breakfast, lunch at McDonald's, and swimming... What more could a 2 year old ask for?  Plus, she got to spend time with her cousins and Nana and Papa.

She was sure tuckered out when she got home though... A good tuckered out!  She tried to tell me the whole story about being over there.  What they had for lunch and the swimming.  Even taking a shower outside... Yes, they have a shower out by the pool, with hot and cold water!  Fun Fun.

Thursday was pretty quiet.  Work was boring (how could it not be with out phones) and I left a little early.  Hey, with nothing to do...

Rowan did have gym though.  That was fun.  It is amazing to see how strong she is!  Some of the other parents can't believe their eyes.  I mean, this little girl can almost pull herself up enough to do a 'skin-the-cat' on rings!  It is crazy... I can't wait to see what she'll be doing in later years... That is if she likes gymnastics in a few years.  We definetly don't want to push her to do something she doesn't want to.

The hubby made a wonderful dinner on Thursday.  I love it when he is home.  I just wished I had felt better, because I would have woofed more of it down.  The hubby made a pot roast in onion soup, with mashed potatos and corn... It was yummy.  I just wished I ate more.  But I guess we'll be able to fill up on it tonight... Looks like there are plenty of leftovers :)

So, today if Friday.  I think I've pretty much caught up on other journals.  And with mine.  The Robonator woke me up early this morning (honey had dog training) and we basically laid around for a while.  Then I got ready to go out.  My lovely father took me to lunch today!  How awesome is that??  Just me and my Daddy!

We went to AppleBee's...  Yumm Yumm.  They have a really great low-cal menu (Weight Watchers) and I tried one of their Mesquite Chicken Salads.  It was okay.  I just haven't been up to eating lately... Bummer... Because I love food!

Okay, well, I better go heat up dinner.  Rowan seems hungry and suprisingly, I have a tid-bit of hunger in my belly too.  Hope all have a great weekend... TTFN.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, I WOULD HAVE AOL WITHDRAWALS TOO!!!

HUGS,
 KATHI

Anonymous said...

Okay, I am noticing a trend in your entries, you talk about food a lot!!  Hee-hee!  Could it be that you are pregnant?  Or could it be that I am ALWAYS hungry and you talking about food makes me even more HUNGRY!!!  Yep, that's it I think!  The dinner your hubby made sounds wonderful!  Nothing like meat and potatoes that someone else makes!  YUMMY!  I would go nuts too at work if the phone lines and internet lines were out!  YIKES!  They should have just let everyone go home until it was fixed!  Hope you are enjoying the start of your weekend.
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

OK.. what the heck is a "skin the cat" and why in the WORLD would you want your 2 year old doing one???  LOL  Sounds so violent!  Eeeek!  :D  Still cute, no doubt.  And being without internet is the equivalent of Hell on Earth.  It really is terrible.  ::shiver::