Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Weird...

This morning when I went and signed on, I was a little suprised to see that I had only 6 emails in my inbox.  Not thinking much of it, maybe no one posted a new entry... But then I started to notice something weird was going on.  I had MY buddy list and MY favorites... But....

All the emails in my inbox were for me, thats not the weird part.  I just happened to go and check Lisa's journal to see if maybe something was going on with my alerts and noticed that she posted a new entry.  "Weird" I thought.  "I didn't get an alert email".  So, I go and check "My Alerts" and notice that not one single journal I visit is there!  As a matter of fact, all the alerts are for baseball teams and scores!

"What the heck is going on here?" I thought.  So, I go to my journal and see that I have a few new comments left... Again, no alert email.  Plus, I can't make any changes to my journal, no little tab to edit or to alert me when comments are made!  "WEIRD" popped into my head again.  Off to AOL Hometown.  When I got there, I got a big suprise.  Neither of my webpage or my journal were there.  Plus, instead of saying Welcome, Perkysgrl it said Welcome, Miland  (who the heck is that??).

So, I signed off as quickly as possible.  Realizing that something was terribly wrong.  How can I be Perkysgrl one minute and have all my buddy lists, mail and what not, but be recongnized as Miland??? Again, what is going on here.  So, I crossed my fingers and signed back on... Hoping all will be okay.  I made sure that it said Perkysgrl when I signed on and used my new password (I changed it just in case).  ::woo:: When I signed on, it said Welcome, Perkysgrl and I went straight to my journal.

Obviously, I was able to get onto my screen name with no problems.  Everything is mine... I'm able to access everything.  Luckily, something weird happened (and now Miland will get all my alerts for all of my fav journals).. and now its all better... LOL.  I did have to enter some new alerts and what not... But oh well... As long as I'm Perkysgrl thats all that matters!!

Well, anyways, enough of that woo haa about my weird morning.

Dinner went really well last night with my mom and Rowan.  My best friend Amy even joined us for dinner.  ::thanks for dinner Mom::  Miss Rowan was a very spirited girl... I'll leave it at that! :)  I had a grilled chicken breast salad with green sauce for dressing... It is sooo yummy!  Not very mexican-ish... But good enough!

We didn't hear too much from the hubby/daddy.  He has made some friends and is enjoying their company (ie hitting the hotel bar :)... I guess school isn't as boring as he thought it was going to be!  I guess I'll have to wait until his lunch break to hear from him....

Well, I've got plenty of stuff to do today.  Guess I gotta get going... Plus, we have a visitor from Burger King!  Oh no... Craziness again.  Hope all have a great day... TTFN

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you serving sweet gherkins or dills?!

Um, Perkysgrl? Do you have more than one screen name set up under your account? (I've got six. Gets confusing sometimes. Forget who I am all the time!)

If you don't have another screen name set up called Miland, something strange is indeed going on here. (Check your Mail Sent folder to make sure no one's pirated your screen name and sent out a bunch of spam. Happened to me once and AOL wouldn't let any of me -- my six screen names -- sign on until I'd called them.)

Be careful out there. Tis dangerous in the WWW.