Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Kiddie Update

Okay, so I had my entry almost finished.  Was just hitting the save button and um, yeah, I heard "GOODBYE"... Ugh, tick me off!

I was doing an update on the kiddies... yes kiddies.

We had our appt yesterday afternoon.  It went really well.  Both the hubby and the munskin went with me!  I've lost another 1.5lbs... Doctor tells me not to worry.  Something about women with extra weight tend to loose weight in the beginning.  So, that means that I have lost somewhere around 7 or 8lbs.  Oh well, I'm not going to worry if the doctor isn't going to worry.  Plus, with my nasty morning sickness and me working out at least 2 times a week... Its okay that I'm loosing some weight.

Also, my blood pressure was lower than the last few times that I have gone.  I guess the last few times I was pretty nervous... with my blood pressure around 135/80 when my regular blood pressure is somewhere around 120/60.  So, it was nice to see my blood pressure 122/72 yesterday.

We got to hear the heartbeat yesterday too.  Princess Rowan was pretty excited.  We don't know if she truly understands... but I know she knows we were there to see the doctor for the baby.  How cute!  It was such a relief to hear the heart beat too!  Now all my worries (ok, most of them) are out the window!

I'm off today.  Rowan didn't have a babysitter... So, I'm home with her today.  It is really nice.  She has been wanting me to stay home... So, she is glad.  We are watching "The Wizard of Oz" for the second time today.

Last night, we watched most of it... So, we finished if off this morning.  And when it ended, she wanted more "Rainbow".  She calls it "Rainbow" because of the song "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" in the beginning of the movie.  It is too cute.  So, instead of watching the new Mickey Mouse movie we got her yesterday.... She is watching "Rainbow" again!

Silly Kid...

Well, I've got plenty of things to do around the house today... Plus, I've rambled on and on...  I hope all have a great day!  TTFN

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My oldest used to watch Wizard of Oz constantly!  It took the joy out of the movie for me since as a kid I used to watch it religiously when it would come on that one time per year.  Remember that?!?!  I was so afraid of that witch I would hide behind the t.v.!  I still have nightmares about those flying monkeys too!  LOL!  I used to sing "Somewhere over the rainbow" to the kids before they went to sleep.  It was that and Elvis songs.  No traditional lullabies in this house!  And, hearing the babies heartbeat is the most WONDERFUL thing besides seeing your baby for the first time!  I used to want the doc to keep the monitor on there for extra time just so I could hear it.  I miss that part of being pregnant.  Oh, and I also lost weight for the first 4-5 months of my pregnancies.  I think your metabolism goes into overdrive and burns more calories when you are pregnant or something like that.  So, just be happy that everything is fine AND that you are losing some weight!  Win/Win situation!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE HAD A GOOD RELAXING DAY, AND I AM GLAD THAT YOU HEARD THE HEARTBEAT TOO!!!

HUGS,
KATHI

Anonymous said...

I lost my entry last night too. And it was LONG!!

First of all, I don't see where you have "extra weight" but whatever.. ;-)
And don't worry about losing it, I found it and will be happy to return it at my expense when you want it back!

And I just have to love a kid that loves the "Wizard of Oz"! She has great taste!! ::hee hee::

~Heather

Anonymous said...

Thats so sweet! I could never get my boys to Wizard of Oz~ It scares them, lol. It was on of my favorites as a kid (still is...giggle). I've had alot of problems getting booted off the past week too! UGH!
~Angel