Monday, July 11, 2005

~Busy Busy~

Oh goodness.  I can't believe that I wasn't able to get to my journal this weekend!!  I feel so crappy... Because I so wanted to get on and "type-type" away.  Life just was way too busy this weekend for me to even think about actually sitting down and doing an entry.

Although, I was able to read some journals, but with close to 45 alerts in my In-box, I guess I'm still a little behind...

Okay, so you're probably wondering why in the heck I was so busy that I couldn't get on here right??  Well, I was.  Believe me!

Friday I did a bunch of errands... From taking Ro to school and picking her up, to going to the mall and spending money I didn't have to get a new outfit for the wedding I was going to on Saturday.

I ended up purchasing this really pretty black dress- less formal than the one I was planning on wearing- that 'wrapped' around and had really pretty broach on the side.  I was pretty happy because I got it on sale from $115 to $95.... But get this!  I had a $50 gift card, so I ended up paying only $45!!  Woo Hoo.  I did have to purchase a pair of shoes and some hose, but eh, its okay! 

It is okay, because I ended up having a blast at the wedding!!  I really didn't think I would, but I (we) did.  It was almost like a mini High School reunion!  Goodness, I had WAY too much fun, if you catch my drift... lol.

We hung out with the "Old Group" that we used to hang out and party with... It was so much fun and it brought a lot of memories back from "the good ol' days".  Amy and I just enjoyed ourselves and my mom did too :)  Sometimes, you just gotta have a "Girls Night Out".  hahaha.

But the wedding itself was pretty interesting to me, as a Non-Catholic.  It was long... about an hour and fifteen minutes and was just a little bit different compared to other weddings that I had been too.  It was nice though and it is always nice to see other types of weddings.

Sunday I spent recouperating.  Lol.  I've only been sick-sick once before after drinking, but Sunday made it my second.  I do not want to see Margaritas any time soon!!  Gosh, I couldn't believe how icky I felt afterwards... But like my dad said to me, "Don't do the crime unless you can pay the time".  And boy, did I pay!!!

Not much else has been going on in the Pickle Jar.  We've been just basically trying to stay Cool in the warm weather that we've been having lately.  The next few days, we'll be in the low 100's!  Ugh!  I guess we'll be spending plenty of time in the pool.  Thank goodness we have that, really.

It was actually so hot last night that poor Miss Rowan (who slept with me- I think we are regressing!! argh!) slept in just her undies.  And for me, it was just a Big Ol T-Shirt!  Normally, I usually wear PJ pants and a T-Shirt, but UGH it was too damn hot to wear that!!  No Lisa- We did not have the air conditioner on... Shoot me now for being that dumb, okay!!

Oh yeah, last night, I did talk to Barbie on the phone, for about a good hour actually!!  It is really neat to talk to someone on the phone that you really only talk to Online.  It is pretty funny how someone's true personality shines through when you talk to them online, because when I talk to Barbie on the phone, its just how I would think it would be!  So upbeat and funny!  So, thanks for the chat last night Barbie...

This weekend will be a very busy for me too, doctor appointment wise that is.  Today I have a doctors appointment, then on Wednesday Zach goes to his peditrician.  He also goes to the cardiologist on Friday.  Speaking of which, I have to get his prescription refilled because it will run out before we go there on the 15th.  Guess I'll have to jump through some hoops for that one... Gotta call the pharmacy to have them fax something to the doctors office... Yadda Yadda Yadda.

Oh well.  I think I've rambled on plenty this morning.  We've finally closed our month out, so now I can actually do something!  I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!!

::Ta-Ta::
~Jenn~

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Send some pics of your new dress, sounds so pretty..glad you had a good time.
It is so hot here you can barely stand to be outdoors..
enjoy your pool..I wish I had one.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so it's like 100 degrees outside and you don't think an air conditioner is a smart idea?  LORDY WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!  For the cost it will be in your electric bill, don't you think it would be worth every penny for not sticking to the darned sheets all night?!?!  Okay, I know, I am a wimp, I live in New England and anything over 70 degrees is air conditioning weather for me, so my opinion isn't worth much over there in sunny California.  LOL!  I want to see a pic of this dress!  I hope you got some from the wedding!  Preferably with you pie eyed!  Would LOVE to see those pics!  ;)  
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

LOL, we're running parallel here now...I endured a thousand-degree apartment last night, just didn't bother to turn on the AC.

Kudos on the shopping bonanza, good job! And...hehheh sorry 'bout the wee hangover you suffered there...Margarita is an evil woman, right?

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Glad u had a good time at the wedding....would love to see pics...I agree with Lisa...especially the ones of you Pie eyed...as she called it....haha...Hope u drank enough for all of us...by the way it sounds u might have...I remember those mornings all too well...feeling BLAH!!!  
Hugss...~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Glad that you had a great time at the wedding...did you take any pictures?
I love talking to people from J land on the phone, it does put their personality online more real.
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Kiss Kiss

*wink*

me-weee....

@>------

Anonymous said...

I soo know what you mean about being behind.  I have 183 alerts right now.  Damn dial-up....I wanna go home to my cable modem...lol

LMAO at the mental image of you being drunk.  It's fun to do, but that next day is sooo not worth it to me anymore.  Must be getting old..lol  Nah, not old...just wise..lol

Luv~Heather