Saturday, July 2, 2005

~Popping in During a Quiet Time~

It is pretty quiet right now in my house.  I'm not sure how long it will last.  The parents are gone again... Went to the bay area (Walnut Creek or somewhere like that) to go do some window shopping.  Rowan is playing with her Giant Building Blocks on the floor and Zach is napping.

The only thing I really hear is Rowan humming/singing along to "Phantom of the Opera".  Yes, Lisa, He is gorgeous... And yes, my three year old just loves the movie!!  I just love the music in this movie.  Right now, Christine is at the cemetery of her father and the song is just beautiful that she is singing. 

Ahh... Calming music.

Not much going on here today.  Once Derek is up this afternoon, I will be heading into my room to clean it.  I am notorious for putting all of our clothes on the couch in the room and just leaving them there.  Guess its almost like those people who use their treadmill for hanging their dry cleaning on!!  I suppose I should have all the rooms clean before the party on Monday.  We only have two bathrooms in this house, one in the hallway and one in our room... So, I suppose I should be prepared to have people going in and out of our room to use the potty in there...

Ugh cleaning.  No fun, no fun!!

Yesterday afternoon, Rowan's little friend Cameron, who is three and also our neighbor, came over with his Mommy to swim.  The kiddos swam for a little while while we chatted it up... And then they came into the house to play.  They both were hungry, even after having dinner, so we made them corn dogs and then they had fruit snacks... Okay, okay... So maybe it was the other way around ;) but they ate!

Its nice to be able to talk comfortably with another mommy.  Plus, it is really nice to have a Friend for Rowan.  Now I know these two will be inseperable over the summer!  They were already saying that they were wanting to play "again tomorrow" (last night).  So, I'm sure between today and Monday, they'll be playing again!

Well, my quiet time is now ending.  Zachary is fussing in his bassinet and Rowan is wanting me to come build "castles" with her.  This will be fun... Trying to tend to a four month old and build "castles" with my three year old!!  Thank goodness for two hands :o)

See you all soon... Hope all have a great fantastic weekend!!

::ta-ta::
~Pickle~

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend!

Denielle

Anonymous said...

Beautiful background music for block building!!!!  I love that song Christine sings in the cemetary, but in the movie she just walks and walks and walks through the cemetary and you think "How big IS this cemetary anyway?!".  LOL!  Bethany is constantly singing all the soprano parts of this soundtrack while I stick to the alto parts.  Nothing like smoking to change your voice to alto.  Hope you have a wonderful day!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Have A Great 4th!

Gabreael

Anonymous said...

At least you got some quiet time..lol, I have been cleaning today too, and I really really depise it! I wish I could hire a maid..lol
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Awww...

I'm so glad you guys had company yesterday and Ro made a life-long friend. Summers can be very special that way *wink*

-I guess my mis-adventures gave your folks a great idea for a little getaway huh? lol

God Speed. Kiss the kiddies. Much Love. Happy Party,

Barbie @>------


Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer-!!!!!  : )
I love the photos in the sidebar of your children!!  BEAUTIFUL!!  Miss Rowan and Zach look adorable and festive for the holiday weekend!!  I have to see this movie that Lisa is talking about too- I can't believe I'm like the only person in the world that hasn't seen it yet!  LOL!  That is nice when you meet another mommy or neighbor that you can click with.  We haven't really met anyone in particular in our neighborhood yet.  Darn.  I need to get out and do some window shopping.  I'm looking for a big picture frame to make a photo collage of family pictures in stuff.  Hugs and hope you have a wonderful 4th of July!!  I finally finished some sewing and made this dress for her and put some photos of her in my blog if you get time to take a peek.  It only took me five years to finally get some time to sew her something-Lol!  
Lisa

Anonymous said...

life is good with quiet time like this!
Love the new look girlie!
PS it was Stride Rite in Mo-town!
hugs
Laura

Anonymous said...

Have a great day today Pickles, love ya lots and I'll catch up with you on Friday, cuz I'm outta here tm morning!

Later Lovey,

~V~

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Rowan has found a little friend to play with.  EVen better since you can yak with the Mom.  Have fun cleaning...I'm not feeling sorry for you since that's all I've done...lol

Luv~Heather