Friday, July 1, 2005

~Friday Ramble~

Okay, thought I'd jump on here and say Hello to everyone while I'm waiting for Ro's dinner to cook.  She wanted to have mac and cheese with hot dogs (that is mac and cheese with chopped hot dogs mixed in!!), so those are on the stove right now.

This morning my mom and I went for our mani's and pedi's... It is so nice to just 'get away' for a bit.  The girl did a really nice job on my toes.  She even painted red, white and blue stars on my big toes.  It is sooo cute!!  And I changed my nail tips from pink glitter tips to white with glitter.  They charge you an arm and a leg for your nails though!!  Ugh, oh well, they know you'll pay for it, so I guess that is why they charge ya!!

Rowan had a great day at school today.  She is really enjoying herself.  Although, she doesn't mind when you come and pick her up.  She is a Happy-Go-Lucky girl when you pick her up.  She tells you what she wants for lunch... Usually a Hamburger with Cheese and fries with Dippy-dip.  - Dippy dip is ketchup-  I don't always get her lunch, but sometimes!!

And today was that day... Yes, my child is spoiled, but hey! Thats okay :o)

I also went to Costco today.  That place can be a mad house.  And I can't believe I spent $175 on stuff for the BBQ on the 4th!  I guess it doesn't help that Derek invited everybody and anybody to our house.  I have enough food to feed J-land.  Okay, so not really, but I did buy 36 prepared frozed hamburgers and 2 packages of Casper Hotdogs (about 24 dogs).  Then there were the buns- I've never seen them so cheap for so many!! And the beer, soda and incidentals!  Ugh... 30 people at my house... Yippee.

Well I suppose I should go pull up Ro's dinner.  Heck, I just might join her in eating it too... Why should I cook some tortellini for just me??  (mom and dad are out to a movie/dinner date and D is working)

See you all soon...
Have a Safe and Sane Weekend if I don't see ya before!

::Hugs::
~The Pickle Gal~

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...I didn't get an invite!

Enjoy your Holiday if yo don't get back one here, keep safe!  And come back with lots of pictures...of FOOD!

Love,

Vernae

Anonymous said...

Go ahead and spoil her..they don't stay little long and a little extra love always makes the world a better place.
I am heading to store for our block party tomorrow..
Have fun.

Anonymous said...

It's always fun to spoil your children!  My kids called ketchup "Dip-dip" too!!!  That is so funny!!!!  Talk about having a "sane" holiday weekend, I am not having 30 people over to my house!!!  YIKES!!!  Try to enjoy yourself!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

you must have been at Costco the same time I was there,
it was insane today!
But I have gone in before to get just a few things and walked out spending over 200 dollars!
It's a scheme this Costco place! but the samples are amazing
Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Aww..I LOVE the 4th tribut picture backgrounds in your about me area!! Too cute!!! :)

I'm craving a manicure myself..but with you having hubby around and wanting to spoil yourself, mani's and pedi's are wonderful! Im glad you liked how they turned out! And YUM hotdogs IN the mac-n-cheese?..what an idea! LOL.. (gee, guess what the kids are haiving tomorrow night?..LOL)

Take care, and enjoy your big "shin dig"..since it DID cost you an arm and a leg! OUCH..LOL

Jackie

Anonymous said...

LOVE YOUR ENTRY ESPECIALLY YOUR PICS COME VISIT FOR YOUR 4TH OF JULY FROM ME

Anonymous said...

Miss Rowan is a girl after my own heart. I love Mac-n-Cheese with wiennies (I substitute with Linguisa or hot sausage)

Take a pic of your nails, I wanna seeeeeee......

and....

please send a bbq doggie bag my way, I'll probably just have the shortcake *wink*

love you lots, Party Girl!

Barbie @>-----

Anonymous said...

It sounds like ya'll are gonna have a blast on the 4th!
I want to see your nails...the glitter sounds cool.
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

OK, we'll make this like Live8! You hold your massive BBQ on the west coast, and I'll hold mine here out east. Maybe they'll televise us! We can call it LiveAte!

Have fun!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Mac and cheese with hot dogs...my kind of meal...lol

Hope you guys have a great barbecue!!

Luv~Heather