Wednesday, July 6, 2005

~Its HUMP Day~

                  RoandFloaties2.jpg

Isn't she just the cutest?  I know I've possibly posted this picture before, but it fits the context of my entry to the "T".

My daughter is going to be the next swim star to hit the Olympics, some many years down the road.  She is very much enjoying her new found talent of swimming with out her water wings.  I can practically see how proud of herself that she is when she comes up from the water!

Last night, she was going really deep in the water.  Probably to my mid-thigh (it is about 4ft deep in the shallow end) and then coming up with the biggest smile!  All together, I think she was swimming about 10ft from the step where she'd "push off" to myself or Derek.  She is sure perfecting her swim.  We were also trying to get her to come up for air in our "practing" yesterday evening.  She just holds her breath the whole time she is under water.  And we were trying to get her to realize that she needs to come up for air, that way she can keep on swimming!

She was a little hesitant.  I think her swimming on her own right now is hard enough... Poor thing needs to take it one step at a time!!

But goodness, am I proud of that Little Girl.

Yesterday I began my first day of swimming.  I was originally going to do about 40 or so laps, but I ended up doing 70.  I actually at 50 decided that I wanted to do about 100 or so, but Miss Rowan came out, so I had to stop.

It felt good though.  And boy, did I sleep good.  My muscles are a little sore, but hey, its all worth it in the end right?  :o)  I'm going to get in the pool again tonight... Hmm, how many laps shall I do??

Lets see, lets see, what else can I ramble on about??.

Oh yes!  My Little Man is cutting his first tooth, or I believe he possibly is.  The poor guy just hasn't been himself.  Kinda cranky... Way more drewly than he normally is and everything is going into his mouth to be chewed on.  He also has a runny nose and has a little white spot on his bottom gum... He is only 4 months old... Miss Ro didn't get her first tooth until she was 8mons old!!  I guess my little guy is just Gung-Ho on life and he just wants to get started... haha.

He is also almost all the way over, rolling over that is.  I think in the next week or so he'll figure it out.  He hasn't been wanting to be on his back lately- because he has been so cranky- so I'm thinking this weekend will have some special Back Time and Tummy Time!!  Whenever we put him on his tummy now, he holds himself up really well and tries to scoot around!!  What a strong boy he is :D

I'm feeling like crap you guys.  Ever since yesterday morning, I've had this scratchy throat, stuffy nose and a foggy head.  I thought it could have been from all the stress/lack of sleep from the 4th, but it is getting worse!  Me no likey... Mama is even not feeling great... Which isn't good for a couple of reasons.  One, because she is the 'babysitter' and Two, because with more than one person in the house sick, the more likely others will get sick too!!

Ugh, no fun!!

Well ya'll, I gots to run.  Many things to do today... Hope you all enjoy the Hump Day!!

::Toodles::
~Pickle~

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well! You're just going to have to keep a good record of the Little Swimmer's progress right here, so we can all say "we knew her when...". She is just too precious, by the way.

Just a word of caution...once the boys cut their first tooth, their appetite doubles with every additional tooth. At least it seems that way!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Jenn,

OJ, Chicken Soup and lots of Lemonade Girlfriend!! -The swimming will also help bunches, Good for you; I'm sooo proud!!

Sounds like it's time to play Diving for Quarters with the Olympic Hopeful *wink* I'm so happy that Rowan is turning into a Jock like her Mama, weeee.....

Love you. Get better!

Barbie @>------

Anonymous said...

Those kids are so cute! I bet it is a tooth! He will be needing some teething biscuits before long..lol...he is a big boy and strong looking..I bet he will walk early too..
you need some spicy chili and drink lots of orange juice..
maybe a zpack would knock it out..a lot of people are getting sick this time of year.
thanks for the smile love the picture..yep she is going to be on the swimteam.

Anonymous said...

She's such a cutie pie!  Bet she is proud of herself for swimming, and I'll be watching for her name to appear in the Olympic games in the next 15-20 years ;)

Bet Zach is cutting a tooth... sounds like it to me, too.  Gracie got her first around 10 or 12 weeks old~I also started her on cereal in bedtime bottle at 6 week because she never seemed to be full from a bottle.

Oh well, the faster he gates some chompers, the sooner he'll be able to eat some 'real' food  :)

Have a good rest of the day....

Cat

Anonymous said...

Hope u get feelin better soon...and ur mama too....i've been feelin a lil' crappy myself the last few days....but mine is my stomach....Congrats Ro...i'm learning to swim a lil' myself...slowly but surely...and i am 30yrs old...hahaha....i know , crazy isn't it....thats great getting her started while she is little...
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Good for Rowan on getting braver and braver in the pool!  And, good for you on doing laps!!!  Wish I had a pool because I would be doing the same thing every night before bed.  Nothing like going to sleep after getting some good laps in!!!  Hope you feel better soon!
Hugs and love, Lisa
P.S.:  HOORAY for Zachy cutting a first tooth!  WOW!  It's too soon!!!!!!  ;)

Anonymous said...

Rowan looks so cute in the picture!
I hope that you aren't getting sick...maybe its from being in the water so much?
I can't believe that you did 70 laps....I bet you did sleep good!
Take in a lot of vitamin C just in case you are getting sick and fight it!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

my two got their first teeth at 4 months and 5 months...lol...it is possible!  Isnt Rowan a cutie patootie!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

ROwan sounds like she's doing a great job.  I have to tell Casey to come up for air too...lol  I think it's the fact that they are so excited to be able to swim, they don't want to take a break.  It's non stop exciement for them.  They'll learn.

Wow!  Zachary is getting so big.  Cutting his first tooth!  I love it when they get those 2 bottom ones in and that's all you see...too cute ;)

Hope you and your Mom aren't getting sick.  There seems to be a virus going around right now with your symptoms...YUCK!

Luv~Heather