Tuesday, July 5, 2005

~Welcome Back~

Welcome Back to the Real World...

Where you are woken up at 510 in the morning by the baby starting to wake up...
Where you pop the binkie back in to get another 15 mins of sleep...

Where you have to get up at 540 in the morning to get ready for work...

Welcome Back to the Real World...

Where you leave your house at 650am to head off to work...

Where you stop and get gas and pay $2.51 for a gallon (Crap!)...

Where you drive 45 minutes in the traffic to get to work at 745am and hop onto the computer and say...

Welcome Back Friends!!

Yep, its time to get back to the real world... And I'm really not wanting to get back to it.

Having four days off was a really nice 'mini-vacation'.  And I'm super tired from yesterdays festivities!!

I'm such a freaking slacker though.  I was so busy doing things and trying to "Play Host" that this slacker of a Mother didn't take any pictures!!  I can't believe I did that... Duh Jennifer!!

It was a really great time though!  Plenty of friends, family, food and fun!!  We swam, ate, chatted, swam some more and then watched (and did) fireworks at the end of our court.

We had so much food you guys, it wasn't even funny!!  We BBQ'd hamburgers, hot dogs, and had BBQ chicken.  Then there were potato salad, pasta salad, coleslaw, spinach and artichoke dip, cheesie french bread and goodness, some yummy desserts!!  We'll be having plenty of left overs for the next few days... haha!!

Miss Rowan is becoming such a swim pro too you guys!!  I'm so proud of her.  We've been trying to get her to swim with out her floatings and she is finally feeling more comfortable with out them.  She has pretty much learned to swim under water, holding her breath and keeping her eyes open!!

She was doing so great.  Swimming from the steps to me or Derek... About 10 feet or so!  I couldn't get over it, how she just lost all of her fear and just started doing it.  I think she figured out that Mommy wasn't going to let anything happen to her and that she could actually do it, so she started to enjoy it!!

She actually wanted to swim from me to Derek, in the middle of the pool!!  Gosh, I wish I had gotten some pictures.  I know my sister-in-law did get some, so I hope when she emails them to me, I'll be able to post some for you guys to view!  That, or I'll just have to take some more today!!

See, I've decided to take my Unhappiness of My Body into my hands and put myself on a diet and excersise routine.

Because it is so hot in the evening when I get home (around 100 degrees) I don't want to take my kids out to go walking... So, I'm going to start swimming for an hour each day.  I figure I'll do laps until I'm tired and then spend the rest of the time swimming with Rowan.

Shot, I'm so sore from swimming with her yesterday, I think it is a pretty good plan!!  Then I'm going to limit my soda intake to One to Two Diet Pepsi's a day and the rest will be water... Water... Water...

So, thats my plan... I'm determined to loose some weights and inches.  I want new clothes and I don't want to be at the size I am... SO, if I loose weight, I'll have a GREAT excuse to get new clothes... hehe :)

Okay guys, I know this isn't the greatest entry, but I have so much to do from the past weekend and because yesterday was a Holiday, I need to catch up!!

Oh!  I'm doing a Summer theme for my journal, let me know what you think.  How are the colors? Do I need to change them??

Have a great week!!!  Love to all...

::Hugs::
~Pickle~

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww.....

((((Pickle))))

Swimming is the best excersise known to man!!! And! I'm so so proud of the princess I can't stand it *YAY* Rowan, you're such a BIG GIRL!!! Weeee.....

-here I go again, sheez, <sniff sniff> *wink*

All my love,

Barbie @>------

Anonymous said...

Oops!

The J looks awesome Jenn! Dig the shades on master Zach, too cute!!!!

Tootles,

Me-weee.........

Anonymous said...

SOunds like a great and YUMMY party!! Too fun! ANd I think the swimming is a great idea..That way youu wont have to walk in the hot wetaher with little man and all... I know that can get tough...:)

Enjoy your week back at work and have a great night!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Love the new pictures..Sounds like you had a good block party..
Ours was a blast too! I just ate too much...hope the day goes fast for you.
Poppy

Anonymous said...

Everytime we get on track they throw this holidays at us to knock us back a few steps. I got a few extra days off, so I'll really be a mess come next Monday. I could get very used to parties and time off.

LOL @ binkie-snooze alarm. I remember it well.

The colors and theme are just fine.

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Dont you just hate it when you forget to take pictures? I DO!!!
I hope that you have a good short week at work, dang, it'll be the weekend again for you before you know it!
I like your summer colors in the journal...really nice!
Good luck on the swimming and drinking all that water. I drink 64 ounces on the nights that I work. I add Crystal Light to it, it makes it much more easier to drink.
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

SHame on you for not taking pictures!!  Just kidding ;)

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!  Yum..that food sounds sooo good!  Can't wait to see pics of Rowan swimming.

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

Love the new Summer look!!!  I don't want the "real world" to visit me anytime soon, but unfortunately it will when I have to get up at 5:00 a.m. to drive my hubby to work.  Ugghhh!  I am enjoying sleeping until 11:30 a.m. every day and staying up reading until 2:00 a.m.!  Hate me much?!  LOL!  Your chindig sounds like it went well this weekend!  With everything you had to do it's no wonder you forgot to take pictures!  And Woo-hoo to Rowan for learning to swim all on her own!!!  That child is absolutely AMAZING!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa