Thursday, July 14, 2005

~Ramblings, Sickies and Zach Update~

I'm so happy that today is Thursday.  I am so super tired, that I'm actually wishing that I could just climb into bed and then sleep for 12 hours straight, no freaking interuptions.  But geeze, there is no reason for me to be tired, unless my brain is bored...

I was asleep by 10pm last night and was woken up to a baby cooing next to me at 530 this morning.  No worries, I'm usually up at 540 anyways.  I guess I might have slept "too hard" because I really feel like I didn't get enough sleep.  Oh well.... Life goes on and you really don't need to hear me bitching anymore!

So, my dear husband is sick.  He is such a big baby... I even asked his mother (whom I work with, remember) what she did to him to make him such a 'Baby'... lol!  He is finally going to the doctors this morning at 1145 after me basically being a Bitch to him and telling him he has to go!!  See, Derek doesn't get sick all that often, but when he does, he gets SICK.  Like full-blown-sick.  Like, lay in bed, throat swollen and coughing, sick...

"I'm dying" sick... "He's a Baby" sick... lol

So, hopefully, the doctor will give him some meds and get his body back on track, because I can't live with that butt head anymore :o)

Zachary had his Well-Baby check up yesterday afternoon.  Besides it being one million degrees outside- okay, not really- everything went pretty well.  He is now weighing 16lbs 2.5oz and is almost 26 inches long.  Gosh!  He is getting HUGE.  We didn't see his normal PCP because she is out on Maternity Leave (dumb lady that she is...) but this really awesome male doctor.  He kinda reminded me of a Big Ol' Teddy Bear... He told Zachary that he made a mistake, because he was an interesting patient.  I guess he said that because he was looking at his chart (that is about 1inch in height!!) for so long.  He was really nice and Zach seemed to like him.  He even found us some tylenol (NEW BOX!!) to give to him before he got his shots.  I'm thinking I might look into having Zach see him from now on.

He did okay with his shots though.  Not too fussy and hasn't seemed to run a "fever" yet.  He was a little warm last night, but who is to say if it was from the shots or from it being Hot.  I've just been giving him tylenol and hopefully that will help.

Zachary goes and see's his cardiologist tomorrow at 330pm.  I'm sure we'll be having fun there... He hates to sit still while they do his EKG and then have the sticky pads ripped off of him.  I've found that if I bring a bottle and feed it to him while he has it done, then it somewhat takes him mind off of it.

Oh well, he's gotta do it... Thats all that is important and that matters.  More than likely, we'll be seeing him for every month for the next 8 months and then slowly tapper off... But I'm guessing he'll have to see that doctor long into childhood.

I also get to get my hair done tomorrow morning!!  Yippee... I need a trim because my hair feels like it weighs 100lbs.  Haha.  I have so much hair and on top of that, its thick... Ugh, no fun when its 105degrees out!!  I'm going to talk to her about putting the pink back into my hair... As long as it stays this time!!  I was disappointed that it was only really visible for just about 3 days or so.  Hopefully she can figure something out where it can stay in for longer...

Because I want it in my hair for 31st...

"What is the 31st?" You say... Well, my bestest friend in the whole wide world, Amy, invited me to go with her to see Hoobastank and Uncle Cracker at the Stanislaus County Fair!!  I keep counting down the days until our next "Girls Night Out"... lol!!

Ugh!  I gotta go to Target, again, today!  When I went last week to pick up formula and what not, they only had the small 10oz cans.  Well, that would be fine and dandy if my child didn't consume 6-7 ounces of formula every 4 hours!  So, we are on the last can... Plus, Zach is needing diapers (soooo expensive for something you "piss" away) and other tolietries that they know you need, so they jack up the price!!  Oh well, guess I gotta feed and diaper my child, right??

Gotta jet ya'll... Time to actually do something at work, because I need the cash-flow!!

::See Ya::
~Pickle~

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you Sweet thing!

{(((GET WELL SOON DEREK)))} ....ya big baby *wink*...love ya too.

Girl's Night at the fair? Go easy Girlfriend, hehehehe....

Weeee.........

Anonymous said...

Men, they become so infantile when they are sick, and we just keep right on ticking making sure everything doesn't fall to pieces.  Bill is hardly ever sick too, like twice a year, and even then it's bearable in my eyes.

The pink was real cute, hopefully it works this time.

Hoobastank, that should be fun!

Talk to you soon, I gots kiddies to put down for a nap.

Anonymous said...

Hey, now I don't feel bad calling Todd a big baby with his toothache!!!  I was so afraid people would think I was an awful wife to him, but now I know, we ALL feel that way about our baby husband's when they are sick!!!  Too funny!!  Woo-hoo on Zachy's appointment!!!  What a big boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Hope everything goes well tomorrow with his heart doc!
Hugs and love, Lisa
P.S.:  I think the pink will look really, really cool in your hair!  Tell her to use PERMANENT color next time, not semi-permanent and it should stay!

Anonymous said...

Zachary and Aiden are close! Aiden was 16 lbs and 1 oz and 27 inches long. They're both big boys!

Anonymous said...

Hope Derek gets better soon....going to see Hoobastank and Uncle Kracker...that will be awesome....i love the song "The Reason"....sounds like a fun girls night out...we gotta have those from time to time don't we...?...hehe  
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Great concert! WIsh I could go with you guys! LOL..And YAY about your hubby seeing a doc..I KNOW how men are..whiny...Like geez dude..Have a KID then complain to me!! HAHAHA (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

I would love to see Hoobastank and Uncle Kracker..lucky you...good entry...funny...~Christie

Anonymous said...

Girls night out sounds like fun!
And a haircut?
You're making me jealous, I need one so bad!!

Hope your hubby gets better soon!
Just drug him up until he is 100% again,
thats what I do!
Kathleen

Anonymous said...

I go for my haircut tomorrow..My hair is shoulder length but I am thinking of going short.  good luck at the heart dr..he sounds like he is doing good.
take care and have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

I am glad that Zach did good with his shots and his check up. I hope that Derek gets to feeling better soon, it really sucks to be sick, but to me, it is really worse to be sick like that in the summer. More importantly, I hope that the rest of you don't get sick!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

When we adopted Mandy they told us that she had cardiac myopathy,she was seen by a cardiologist for a few years, but she did outgrow it!

Anonymous said...

Hope hubby is feeling better by now.  It's funny how they're so pathetic when they're sick.  

Glad to hear Zach's appointment went well.  OMG you lucky dog!!!  Hoobastank and Uncle Kracker......I'm sooooo jealous!

Luv~Heather