Wednesday, July 20, 2005

~Its Official...~

.... I'm sick.

God, how I hate being sick.  Last night was horrible though.  Thankfully, I was asleep around 845pm again (smile) because after I woke up at 1135pm to give Zach his meds (an hour and a half late-doh!) I tossed and turned...

I was hot... I was cold... Comfortable... Uncomfortable...

And finally, after I had fallen asleep again, Little Man decides he is going to wake up!  At 245am...

He must be going through a growth spurt or something.  I swear, I picked him up yesterday morning and said, "When did you get this big?" because I felt like I was picking up a bag of bricks!

So yeah, once again I was up at 245 in the morning.  I wasn't able to go back to sleep after that.  When Derek got home at 330, he brought me some NyQuil and I chugged that Icky Nasty stuff down.  I don't know what it did to me, but I swear, it made me sweat (I know, gross) my fever out.  I was sooo Hot and I tossed some more.  I didn't wake up again until 540 when my alarm went off.

Weird enough, I felt Semi-Better this morning.  At least, for a little while.  Now I'm feeling foggy-headed, my throat is killing me, I'm coughing and I believe I'm running a temp!  Ugh!  My cheekies feel tingly and my skin is sensitive...

Yep, I'm guessing I have another temp.  Better take some Tylenol Cold while I'm thinking about it...

::GULP::

I'm thinking I'm going to have to beg my Hubby to make some homemade Chicken Soup.  Ah, that sounds good.  Nice and warm on my owie throat.  Don't know about adding tabasco though Barbie, maybe I'll just stick to the Apple Cider :o)

I'm also hoping that if it keeps being slow the way it is right now here at work, that my Dear SIL won't mind if I left work around noon.  I hate being such a complainer, but if I don't think about myself and get myself better... How will I take care of my kiddos?  Thank goodness that Derek is home tonight... And for the next four nights!  That means I'll have help...

Not like my parents don't help or anything, don't get me wrong.  But with Derek home, he can play Daddy and I can recoupe... Or hope to :)

Okay, going to run.  Going to try to get as much done as possible and then hopefully head home... ::fingers crossed::

OH! I almost forgot to share this with you guys... Zachary Justice Matthew, who will be 5 months old on Friday, has learned how to roll over, sit up for a few seconds/minute by himself and hold his own bottle!!!  How awesome is that??

HUGS
~Jenn~

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is wonderful! He is such a big fine boy..you should be proud mom..
I hope you feel better..wendys chili with hot sauce will help your poor throat..
if you don't feel better call the dr and get something for it..
It was 98 here..I don't see how anyone can live without air conditioning!

Anonymous said...

I hope u feel better soon girl....
I loveee that song..."Don't cha" too... =)
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

awwww..... I wish you lived close enough I could make you a hot toddy and bring it over. They always make me feel better...or at least, I don't care I am sick...

hugs, Kas

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon, Jenn!

Hope Zach gives you a break on the pre-dawn waking hour!  Good that hubby is home for a few nights to help out :)

And tell that boy to quit growing up so fast!!  Too many milestones in too short of time :)  Good for him, though... he'll be walking before you know it  ;)

Take care, feel better...

Cat

Anonymous said...

Woo-Hoo to Zachary on his accomplishments!!!!!!!!!!!!  I hope you feel better soon!!!!!!!!  Nothing worse than being sick and still having to take care of the kiddos.  :(
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Awesome it IS!  That really is a notable accomplishment, considering what you were faced with not too long ago.

Now we just gotta get his mommy better by then so she can enjoy the day a little more.

Jimmy

PS might wanna reconsider that little bit of tobasco sauce advice...strange, but true. It can help, lol. Just don't mix up the NyQuil and check a whole lotta that.

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart! Thank goodness that its almost thursday and you don't have to worry about going back to work until Monday. I am sure that you will be as good as new by then!
Get some rest!!!!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

I CAN NOT BELIEVE HE IS THAT BIG ALREADY! YEA!!!NEXT STEP IS WALKING...LOL...LOL.. SO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!!I AM SAD TO HERE THAT YOU ARE SICK DON'T SEND IT DOWN HERE I DON'T NEED IT...HA!HA! I KNOW THIS ISN'T A TIME FOR JOKES YOU FEEL BAD. MAYBE MR. HUBBY WILL LET YOU SLEEP YOUR LITTLE HEART AWAY SO YOU CAN FEEL BETTER AND HIT THE FLOOR RUNNING WITH BOTH FEET WITCH I KNOW YOU DO!!
I HOPE YOU GET TO FEELING BETTER!!
HUGS
TONI

Anonymous said...

I Love ya Sweet Thing : )

Darn icky kaka poopoo summer colds. The air conditioning will get you every time :p:::: .... (Derek had nothing to do with it *wink*)

Ooooo, I'm so glad that The Little Man mastered bottle holding *YAY* Zach, you're such a big boy! But, hey Jenn, watch out for the wrist rockets. Ry had an arm and sent the full bottle sailing if it didn't have Ovalteen in it -missed my head by milimeters several times, the stinker. You have a little time before that will happen, I hope, hehe.

ttys,

Barbie @>------

Anonymous said...

Nyquil

Puffs

Gossip magazines out the wahzoo:

priceless.

Oh and don't forget the orange juice, and drink it for atleast one week straight, promise, it helps!

Anonymous said...

UGH SUMMER COLDS ARE THE WORST!! Zach looks wonderful!!  HUGS OXOX FEEL BETTER!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better!  I've missed a ton of entries.  It's been a zoo and my alerts haven't been working right darn it.  The pics of the kids in your sidebar are too darling!  And love the tags too!!  Isn't it wonderful when they can hold their own bottles!  A little break for Mommy now and then.  Each stage is always so awesome!! Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better by now!!!  Being sick is no fun!  

Luv~Heather