Friday, July 29, 2005

~La De Da Friday~

Well it is Friday, and boy, is it a nice day.  It isn't too hot today and I haven't been too busy to enjoy one of my days off.

In fact, this morning, I was able to sleep in until 7am!!  Ah, I know that doesn't sound too late to some of you, but when you wake up at 540 almost every morning, sleeping to 7am is a treat :)

Hmm, lets see.  Yesterday Derek, the kiddos and I went to Target and spent too much on mostly things we needed.  There were a few "wants" in there, but when you buy 3 cans of formula at $23 each, it can add up pretty quickly!!

After we went to Target, I talked Derek into taking me to Red Robin.  I know I said I wanted to go to Applebee's, but my MIL told me about this great sounding sandwich at RR and I wanted to go there... Hmm, it was a tasssty dinner!!  I had a Whiskey River BBQ Chicken sandwich.  It is made with a BBQ chicken breast, onion straws (thin sliced onion rings) and the rest of the stuff you'd put on a sandwich or burger.  Plus, it comes with never-ending Steak Fries.  Oh Yeah!!  I know I'll go back again...

Hehe... Enough about food.  I know I'll just end up making Lisa hungry if I keep talking the way I am :o)

Okay, so today, Miss Rowan was a Spoiled Princess.

After we (Zach and I) picked her up from school, we headed to the mall.  Our point of destination in the mall: Build-A-Bear!!

She loves that place and I love watching her in there.  She decided on making a Flamingo.  It is too cute!!  And then she picked out a bathing suit to dress it in.  The Flamingo is named "Pinkie".  Ahh, how sweet is that?

After spending some time in BAB, we stopped at the Disney Store on the way out.  I was looking for a movie or something, but they don't sell too many there.  On our way out, I spotted some Lunch Pails (bags).  I showed them to her and she sooo wanted the Tinkerbell one.  It was only $9.50, so I said okay.  She also conned me into get a giant sucker.  You know the kind that you'd see at amusement parks.  I told her she couldonly have it after dinner though... So she is patiently waiting!

Right now, Zach is squealing away in his swing.  I'm not sure if he is getting bored or if he is just having fun.  The little sucker is getting big though... I can't believe how quickly time has passed.  I don't remember it going this fast with Rowan, but I'm sure it did.  And he was such a good boy today at the mall, sitting in his Snugli (a baby carrier).  He loved sitting facing out and watching people.  I'm sure he was giving many smiles, because people were smiling at him!!

Miss Rowan is sitting here at the table right now, painting with her new water colors.  Yes, she got some yesterday when we were at Target.  Actually, she got a few things to do with art work.  Markers, crayons, paints and a big book of white paper.  We are going to start working on her "school work" on the days she isn't in school too, so I thought she needed a few things.

Tonight we are on our own.  I tried to talk Derek into staying home tonight, but he didn't... He said he already made an obligation to working tonight, so he will.  Ugh.  Oh well.  I guess spending time with him this weekend is pretty much shot.  The only other night he is "off" (he is off tomorrow, but is working again) is Sunday night, but I'll be at the fair, seeing Uncle Kracker and Hoobastank!!

Oh well.  Its not like we won't have some free time together ever... :D

Miss Rowan requested mashed potatos to go with the chicken breast I'm making for dinner tonight, so I guess I should probably go and start prepping for dinner!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend :)

::Many Hugs::
~Pickle~

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww dont you just looove build-a-bear! I swear, who ever invented that place was kid-genius! I love going there and Im old! haha! Anyway, just wanted to stop in and say hi! Your kids are so flippin' cute...although I think Ive said that before! But its true, if I knew my kids would come out that cute I might start popping em out and not stop! haha!

Anyway, glad to hear the family is well...and the new baby car! Wow! Its soooo pretty! I love it! Have you tried parrell parking yet?
~Shells xoxo

Anonymous said...

I wish we had those build a bear places here..  great news you got some time to go shopping..I hope the hubby gets off soon to spend some time with those wonderful kids.. he is missing out on a lot..but I know how it is when they have to work.  Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

I have been itching to build a bear lately. I went in the store last week while I was at the mall, but I didn't really have the money to do it. I may treat myself to one around November for my birthday.
I am jealous that you are going to see Hoobastank and Uncle Cracker! Take some pictures!!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so sweet you got to spend some fun girl time and family time and the cool stuff Miss Rowan got!  Kids are so happy with lollipops and treats and time with mom n dad!  I bet she is in third heaven.  I gotta get me one of those build a bears someday!!  My kids would love that!  With three kiddos though I'd have to buy them each one at a time and then finally my own bear!  I'm collecting Barbie's now in my "old" age and have two so far.  (Makin' up for a little lost time!)  It's so hot here in Florida my brains hurt.  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Yep, you made me hungry darnit!!  We have a brand new Red Robin right up the street from us, but I have never been there.  I thought it only had burgers, but now I know differently.  Thanks for that, I think we might have to make a stop there one week when we have the extra $$!  I love Target too by the way, I was just there last night, but only got the things I had to get on my list.  Oh, wait a minute, I did buy Emma a desktop art studio so she can draw and color in the van.  LOL!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

I don't wanna brag, but you must know that I get to sleep until 8, everyday and 10 on the weekends HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hey, I can do that, I'm out of the baby phase.  Although, I keep dreaming I'm prego, so who knows.  

BAB, I have like 9 or ten here, ya think they play with them?  Julie does on occasion, but Ciara can get something new one day, and two days later not even know where it is.

I love Target, and I have a funny story about Target coming up soon, if I ever get through all the J's I neglected the past few days.  

Maybe I'll save my stories so you have stuff to read Monday at work, when you should be working...AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I love Red Robin, fried clamstrips and bottomless basket of steak fries yum yum!  Oh and the Cobb salad too!

I'm a chain resuturant junkie.  Do you have a Chili's near by?  Go, get the fiesta egg rolls and thank me later.

Anonymous said...

I have never see a Red Robin around here (GA)..but you sure did make me hungry too..maybe I will have to mashed potatoes and chicken too...see what you did..little Rowan...it sounds like you guys  had a great day...I wish you were my mama though..I shopped at Target and Wal-mart yesterday too...Wal-mart gave me a headache but I love Target..so beautifully organized..but anyway..about you being my mama, I had to stick to a list too...kids are going back to school Monday here and all three needed school supplies..hugs to all of you, christie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun time between Target, Build-A-Bear, and the Disney Store!  I sooo don't miss buying that formula, but a kids got to eat right??  

Luv~Heather