Friday, July 22, 2005

~I'm Alive~

Whew, I'm still alive... I'm amazed really... Because for a while, I was really feeling like Ca-ca-poo-poo :)  Nice little visual huh people?  Well, it is the truth.

I'm still really not up to par, but I'm surviving and having to take over the parental duties... My parents went out of town again for the weekend and Mr. Derek doesn't know what a day off is, so, its just me and the kiddos.

My throat is still killing me.  Completely red from way back in the back to half way up the roof of my mouth.  Derek has convinced me to gargle (sp?) with a hydrogen peroxide/water mixture.  It seems to be helping, but damn, does it give you a nasty taste in your mouth!

Anywho.  My mom and I went today to get our nails done again.  I got my toes done with a "french tip" but instead of white, I went with Purple :)  Its obviously my new color... lol. 

Now I'm enjoying a lunch of tomato soup with Rowan.  Zachary is also enjoying some lunch of Sweet Peas with Barley Cereal on the side!  OMG!!  He is sooo loving those peas.  He will actually complain if I don't give him enough or if I'm not fast enough :)  I swear, I think he has eaten about half a small jar!  But wow, what a mess he is... He'll definetly be getting a bath as soon as I'm done eating!!

Miss Rowan, Zach and I will be going to the grocery store this afternoon after the kiddos naps.  Gotta get some food for the house and pick up something to make for the BBQ that we'll be going to tomorrow.  Its my FIL's birthday and I am thinking I'm going to make Rice Krispie Treats :)  Yum Yum!! 

Well, Zachary is complaining that I'm not feeding him enough and Miss Ro is done with her lunch, so I need to get her down for her nap.  I hope everyone has an awesome Friday and a great weekend!!

Hugs,
Jennifer

PS- Derek is bringing home a Puppy today that we'll be "babysitting" this weekend.  She is a Rottie (awww) and he has named her Nemo... Yes, as in the movie, "Finding Nemo".  Can you think of why???  Well, if you recall (if you've see the movie, that is) that Nemo has one fin that is smaller than the other??  Well, this little puppy has four legs, but only three feet!!  Yes, she is a tid-bit handicapped :)  So, that is why he named her Nemo.  I'm guessing that if she mingles well with our family, she MIGHT become a new addition, but that is all up in the air!!  I'll have to capture some pics of her to share with you on Monday!!  Luvs to all....

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was little, I had a Rottie named Dumbo. As in the elephant. ;)

Denielle

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are a bit better. It always sucks when you are sick, but to me its just worse in the summer.
How sweet that ya'll are babysitting Nemo. I hope that she can become part of the family, can't wait to see pics!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

A couple of "uh oh's" here...Uh oh, I have no Rice Krispy Treats...waaah...Uh oh, you're gonna fall in loooo-ove with a puppy very soon!

It's always a shame that babies don't love peas forever! But it sure is funny when they get them all over!  Feel better!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

I would love to see that baby eating his peas! I bet he is going to be a big eater..
little boys do eat a lot more than boys let me tell you..lol..
I hope you get to feeling better try and drink lots of oj and get some rest..
Poppy

Anonymous said...

I WANT A PUPPY....well maybe when Sean turns like 5 we will buy him one!

Anonymous said...

I love french tip nails!  That's nice you and your mom get to go and do things together... my mom is in Ohio so I don't see her much.  Gotta love naptime and isn't going to the grocery store a challenge with a baby and a little one?!  I never could figure out where to put the groceries if my little ones wanted to ride in the cart!  And then they came out with kiddie carts but I ran over some jars of spaghetti sauce with that big cart and that was the end of me and kiddie carts.  Lol! I bet Zach looks so cute with peas and barley all over him!  I still remember those days like they were yesterday.  Now they just get the stuff all over my floor and on their shirts sometimes.  Hugs,
Lisa

http://journals.aol.com/randlprysock/AdventuresFromFlorida/      

Anonymous said...

Hey you : )

Feeling better? Tomato soup is my very favorite, nummy! By the way Casey's very favorite is Rice Krispy Bars -he eats the entire batch all by his lonesome. Have fun at the BBQ but please don't "Overdo" Promise? *wink*

Nemo is very lucky. Good Speed. I can't wait to see the pics!

*kiss kiss*

Barbie @>------
ps, case kicked our booties hard core in monopoly :p:::: ttys, weee....

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with the new "special"
doggy! hehe..SOUnds cute...and I hope you are back upo to par by now! I know being sicky-poo is NOOO fun!

(((HUGS)))


Anonymous said...

Jennifer, I hope your feeling better soon!  Good luck with the puppy this weekend, he sounds adorable and I love the name!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Hope the puppy thing went well for you guys.  

I also hope that you're feeling better by now :)

Luv~Heather