Saturday, July 16, 2005

~Icky Heat, Harry Potter and Purple Hair~

Man, I wish I was "chillin" because right now, I'm seriously freakin baking!!  Its about 106 degrees outside.  You instantly start sweating as soon as you walk out the gosh-darned door and you are struck with a Sick Headache if you are outside too long!  Seriously, I would say that it is almost too hot to go outside to get into the pool.  Besides, the pool is almost too hot to get in.  Its about 86 degrees!  Thats a Mildly Warm Bath... Geeze, or a Semi Heated Hot Tub! :0

Anyways, you all get my point.  Its hot and I'm bitching and thats never fun.  So, I'll get on with it.

This morning I was able to sleep in until 8am!!  Can you say "WOO HOO"?  Yes, it was nice and it actually helped that Mr. Zachary woke up at 330 this morning to have his bottle and didn't stir until a little after 8am.  Nice huh??

Well, anyways, Rowan and I went to Borders this morning to pick up "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince".  Silly me, thinking that because it was "Such A Big Day" that they'd be open at 835am.  Nah, they weren't.  They didn't open until 9!  Oh well, Rowan and I sat around and listened to Gwen Stefani's "L.A.M.B" until it was almost time to go in.

I picked up my book (Thanks Mom for pre-ordering it for me!!) and purchased a Disney Princess book for Rowan.  She was extremely happy to get it!  I never get tired of making her happy or seeing her smile.

I'm only about 4 pages into the new book, but once the kiddos go down tonight, I will be reading away... Derek thinks I will finish it in less than a week.  I'm not sure, but its not that big.  Its only 652 pages, so it wouldn't be that hard to finish in less than a week, but unless I can't find the time, then it won't happen.

Anywho, I went yesterday with my mom to get our hair done.  I decided that I'd go even funkier than before and put in a new color in my hair.  Yep, I put in PURPLE streaks :)  Yippee!!  It is soooo cute.  And yes, I will be posting pictures.  Just give me a few days, okay!

Well, Rowan is watching "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" and wanting some lemondae, which does sound pretty Yummy, so, I think I'll head out.  Not to mention, Zach is mucho cranky!!

HUGS<3
~Jenn~

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to pick up my reserved and waiting copy of Harry Potter tomorrow.  672 pages is less than the last book which I read in less than a week, so I know this one will be done in a couple of days.

Audrey

Anonymous said...

we preordered kadies copy off the internet and it was supposed to come today...but it didnt...sniff sniff...Kadie was not a happy camper!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

We are waiting for ours to come in the mail. :-(  We also got it on CD for Mandy.  I love the name Rowan. I named my lost twins Rowan and Rhiannan....

http://journals.aol.com/hestiahomeschool/HomeschoolingJournal

Anonymous said...

Whew!  I just got caught up in your j--that'll teach me to not sneak some time on the computer from the kids...
It's hot, hot, HOT here too.  Got our HP on Friday night, and I'm reading it... :D
Love Rowan's black bikini--my girl is nuts about her suits, I suspect yours is too?  We have two halter top one-pieces with a little skirt, and a lime green floral tankini.  Too fun finding suits for a little girl!  LOL
Gee, I can't wait to see your purple streaks!  I have dark, dark hair, and I'm a chicken, so no streaks for me :)  
L.A.M.B. !
Anna

Anonymous said...

You think your hot in Phoenix this morning at 8:00 it was already 100 and was 108 by the car temp at 10:00 AM.  That is why you can't live here without air conditioning and a pool.  Love your journal and your kids are adorable.
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Remind me never to come your way to visit in the Summertime!  YECH!!!!!!!  I couldn't breathe in that heat!  I cannot wait to see your puple hair!  And, your book store probably wasn't opened at 9 because it was open at midnight when the book "officially" went on sale.  Guess they needed to sleep or something huh?!  LOL!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Dang girl...stay in the AC....even the pool isn't cool...lol...it's in the mid 90's here in Ky...thats too hot for me too...but i am a wimp...lol   Can't wait to see ur hair pics....wooowhoooo
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

I can't deal with the heat here either, but I think its not even as hot here as it is there.
I can't wait to see your hair!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Heat schmeat, I'm so done with it and it's only mid July.  

I own the first two movies and books, never watched or read any of them.   What's wrong with me?

Anonymous said...

I'm sooo with you on the heat.  It's hotter than you know what outside!  

I haven't read any of the Harry Potter books, but I've never heard anything bad about them.  I may just have to go pick one up.

Can't wait to see pics of your hair!  I bet it's cute ;)

Luv~Heather