Wednesday, July 27, 2005

~Quick Side-Note~

harrypotter.bmp I finished "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" last night... I really enjoyed the book, but I was upset for two different reasons about finishing the book.

First of all, I didn't want the book to end.  It sooo left the ending open (obviously for book 7), that I felt that Rowling could have given us another 100pages or so before actually ending the story there.  I guess I'll have to wait until the next book is released- only god knows when that will be, probably 2008!!

Second, I was completely taken away at who she (Rowling) decided to "kill off" in this book.  I won't spill the beans, because I know some of you are reading it, but geeze, I'm sure you'll be just as suprised as I was.... And possibly sadden.  Yes, I did get a bit sad... But I know, "Its only a book".

Ugh.  Now that that "ride" is over, I guess I'll have to get back to reading "grown-up" stories.  I do have to finish one book by Jennifer Wiener and another to start....

Until then...

::waiting until the next Harry Potter::

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am reading earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner..It is so good I am going to miss it when I finish it.  I love her books!

Anonymous said...

That character was definitely the last one I thought would be killed off.  She did keep you guessing many times though in the book if it was this person or the other.

Audrey

Anonymous said...

ugh! the suspense is killing me!
I wish Lee would buy me the book already!
haha,
I'm so excited to hear that it's good.
I can't imagine who is killed off.
ugh...its killing me
Kathleen

Anonymous said...

I just can't sit down and read Harry Potter...it's such a HUGE trend and i started one borrowed once and just couldn't get past the first chapter...i guess i'm not much of a book chick since that happens ALOT to me! :)

Anonymous said...

OMG!!  I cried!  I really did!!  I just did not expect that... but I'm blaming it on PMS ;)

I heard the movie of this book is due out in December~ I think that is too soon, so I'm not holding my breath until I see previews!

I loved all the movies as much as the books :)  The  movie sets are what I am really into ;)

I also agree there could have been more to this one... but I'll be a patient Kitty ;)

Have a good one Jenn!

Cat

Anonymous said...

I finished this book too...and I wasn't really surprised at who got the axe, but I was still sad about it.  I have a theory, but I'll email you with it so as not to spoil it for anyone else.
I read Jennifer W's book "Good in Bed" ;)  it was funny and I liked it.  Have you checked that one out?
Anna

Anonymous said...

glad you enjoyed it!
hugs
Kathi

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the book.  I'm going to have to start reading these once I'm done with the book I'm reading now.

Luv~Heather